PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future Extension for Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 10th WR in yards, 7th in yards per reception in his 1st year in the most difficult system in the NFL. Plus his team got the number one seed and some of that had to do with what Cooks did off the score sheet.

So while there are 10 or so guys who put up better numbers on their teams that dosent mean that these 10 or so guys would have come on the Pats and fit in. And 9 out of those 10 are done for the season.

He is a real good receiver, there’s no argument from me there and appreciate what he’s done for us especially with Edelman and Hogan gone for most of it. He just doesn’t seem as dynamic other top receivers. Brady really has to pinpoint it to him.

The real reason people are hard on Cooks is he has sucked for the last 6 games.

Last 6 games(including playoff) 17/42 for 245 yards. He has a 40.5%:eek: catch rate in his last 6 games. And if anything those numbers are inflating his impact. He had his single catch against Miami with around 2 min left in the game down 10 points. And I believe several of his catches against NYJ were also in the 2nd half with NE up big.

Or to put another way extrapolating his first 11 games vs last 6 games into 16 game season

first 11: 74 catches for 1264 yards(17y/rec) 63% catch percentage.:cool:
last 6: 45 catches for 653 yards(14.4/rec) 40.5% catch percentage.o_O

i guess we should be ****ting on brady too then, because if we do the same thing his numbers would like pretty ****ty.

If Brady isn't playing at the top of his game, you can't blame the receivers for also not being at the top of their game.
The team as a whole wasn't offensively great down the stretch, but they looked good vs the titans, and should be fine moving forward. We still have a year i believe before we need to deal with cooks, lets see how he does.

Cooks plays like he's scared of contact...he short-arms the ball, his head is on a swivel prior to the catch, he's taken dives to the ground on slants when he didn't have to which caused more than a few incompletions this year. I recall him making a routine catch look like it caused him to get all out of control so he could make it look like he had to run OB instead of turning it up the field. I think it was vs Denver with Talib in coverage. He's a WUSS.

Cooks plays like he's scared of contact...he short-arms the ball, his head is on a swivel prior to the catch, he's taken dives to the ground on slants when he didn't have to which caused more than a few incompletions this year. I recall him making a routine catch look like it caused him to get all out of control so he could make it look like he had to run OB instead of turning it up the field. I think it was vs Denver with Talib in coverage. He's a WUSS.

Apparently he doesn't think so.:confused::D

The real reason people are hard on Cooks is he has sucked for the last 6 games.

Last 6 games(including playoff) 17/42 for 245 yards. He has a 40.5%:eek: catch rate in his last 6 games. And if anything those numbers are inflating his impact. He had his single catch against Miami with around 2 min left in the game down 10 points. And I believe several of his catches against NYJ were also in the 2nd half with NE up big.

Or to put another way extrapolating his first 11 games vs last 6 games into 16 game season

The criticism about his limited route tree has been there since the Tampa Bay game.

I guess the bozos who critizise him without any nuance might have been motivated by that final stretch but his lack of diversity in terms of routes was already apparent after 4-5 games.

We should repeat 100 times. There is NO playmaker similar to Randy Moss, the most explosive WR to have ever played the game.
I’m not saying he should be Randy Moss. No one is. I’m saying I thought we would have more explosive plays ala Randy Moss but I feel like we got stats based on a ton of targets ala Brandon Lloyd. I know this is homer central and the team always nails everything it does but I just expected more. His catch to target rate is pretty low and he seems to be a one trick pony. Even his “one trick” they don’t seem to connect on overall.

Troll

Troll? Nope.

LOL! How would I know what he ACTUALLY does if I didn't watch the games?

LOL! How would I know what he ACTUALLY does if I didn't watch the games?
Because according to you he sucks and has not doing anything you call out. Specifically Alligator arms.

Because according to you he sucks and has not doing anything you call out. Specifically Alligator arms.

Unfortunately it's you who are missing it. I've probably been watching the Pats longer than you've been alive. I'm not a homer and I call 'em like I see 'em so I know Cooks is doing exactly what I said he does. You better hope he doesn't bail on a Brady pass again like he did down the left sideline vs the Titans...it may cost them a Lombardi against a tough defense.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
Maybe you can explain what Cooks is doing in this video of the Brady/McDaniels confrontation.

Check out from 2:06-2:14 and tell me again how brave he is.

Unfortunately it's you who are missing it. I've probably been watching the Pats longer than you've been alive.

I love it when posters make assumptions about another poster's age when they have no clue.

I'm not a homer and I call 'em like I see 'em so I know Cooks is doing exactly what I said he does. You better hope he doesn't bail on a Brady pass again like he did down the left sideline vs the Titans...it may cost them a Lombardi against a tough defense.

I would agree he should have laid out for that throw but I challenge you to find a game when he had alligator arms.

I love it when posters make assumptions about another poster's age when they have no clue.

I would agree he should have laid out for that throw but I challenge you to find a game when he had alligator arms.

Laid out? How can he do that when fear makes him flop to the ground like a bag of potatoes when he saw the defender coming...it's what he does.

Concerning your age: I said "probably" because I don't know your age but I know mine.

Maybe you can explain what Cooks is doing in this video of the Brady/McDaniels confrontation.

Check out from 2:06-2:14 and tell me again how brave he is.

Tom was late with the throw or Cooks was too late and Cooks dove to get it.

Keep finding **** to support your Cooks hate though.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Laid out? How can he do that when fear makes him flop to the ground like a bag of potatoes when he saw the defender coming...it's what he does.

Concerning your age: I said "probably" because I don't know your age but I know mine.
You are speculating. I'm not going to debate speculation with a poster who has a bias against a player who had a very good 1st year in a complicated offensive system.

It’s ok to criticize players and their tendencies but you kinda took it too far with the wuss and soft part. I agree he makes the routine catches look more difficult especially when it comes tracking and attacking the ball, and has difficulty getting separation with this elite speed. I disagree about him being soft. If you watch film he doesn’t take plays off and he’s an ok blocker for his size. He’s better than Loyd and lafell but he isn’t a Moss or Edelman, yet. His second year should show us his true ability, the first year in a new system just wasn’t impressive but still good.

It’s ok to criticize players and their tendencies but you kinda took it too far with the wuss and soft part. I agree he makes the routine catches look more difficult especially when it comes tracking and attacking the ball, and has difficulty getting separation with this elite speed. I disagree about him being soft. If you watch film he doesn’t take plays off and he’s an ok blocker for his size. He’s better than Loyd and lafell but he isn’t a Moss or Edelman, yet. His second year should show us his true ability, the first year in a new system just wasn’t impressive but still good.

I'm not going argue the point because I've seen him enough to know I'm right and others will have to admit it sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back