PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Sony Michel to miss some time after minor knee procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Except that one wight will help save Westeros while all 3 dragons are most likely dead by series end.

level 1
BaconGrundleCandy

I disagree abt "The Trade" if u will.

It was awful and very graphic seeing V die but I think we can see the endgame coming and balance has to be restored. There's a good chance that all 3 dragons will die by series end.

That wight might just save Westeros in convincing the people who don't have dragons, **** their siblings or deliver shadow babies.

Word will undoubtedly get out and as winter nears opinions will no doubt change.

always right about all things across all platforms....you're right (of course).This site is beneath your prodigious intelligence. Feel free to leave and don't come back.

lol I ain't mad pounding my fingers in the keyboard but It is what it is though. Why cant I call stupid, stupid? And again was I wrong, no. Put me on ignore if I hurt your feelings?

Nobody said you can't call someone names, but take it like a man when people tell you it makes you a ****.

lol I ain't mad pounding my fingers in the keyboard but It is what it is though. Why cant I call stupid, stupid? And again was I wrong, no. Put me on ignore if I hurt your feelings?

No feelings hurt man. I enjoy reading your posts. Just didn't understand the need for the harsh tone.

Brady might be here longer than Sony. It's ludicrous to think Sony is a "transition" RB to the next guy.

Reading is fundamental, what was said is "IMO Sony Michel was drafted to aid in the transition from Brady to QB yet to be named", by bolstering the ground game it would ease the stress on whoever replaces #12..." no one spoke about a "transition" RB.. just your imagination.

Need to pay attention to the rules, this is about opinions, not necessarily about right and wrong and if there is a differing opinion that should be respected...

Reading is fundamental, what was said is "IMO Sony Michel was drafted to aid in the transition from Brady to QB yet to be named", by bolstering the ground game it would ease the stress on whoever replaces #12..." no one spoke about a "transition" RB.. just your imagination.

Need to pay attention to the rules, this is about opinions, not necessarily about right and wrong and if there is a differing opinion that should be respected...

The tone might have rough but his point is valid. Michel is a one contract proposition and not someone who will help bridge anything past Brady. He has been selected to have an impact NOW (next 2-3 years) while Brady is still here.

The tone might have rough but his point is valid. Michel is a one contract proposition and not someone who will help bridge anything past Brady. He has been selected to have an impact NOW (next 2-3 years) while Brady is still here.

The list of Pats' draftees under BB who have gotten second contracts with the Pats isn't particularly long to begin with. Mostly OL and defense, I'd guess.

Bro you opened the door now walk through it. Please go through my history & it pull up? If not. STFU.

I did. It's right there in my last 2 sentences. You know what I'm talking about.

The list of Pats' draftees under BB who have gotten second contracts with the Pats isn't particularly long to begin with. Mostly OL and defense, I'd guess.
Off the top of my head on offense - Brady, Edelman, Gronk, and Cannon. I have a lingering feeling that I’m missing someone though. But yes, if Michel is already needing his knee drained, the prospects don’t look good for a second contract from where we sit today.

This is not great news in light of the concerns already expressed on his knee.

Off the top of my head on offense - Brady, Edelman, Gronk, and Cannon. I have a lingering feeling that I’m missing someone though. But yes, if Michel is already needing his knee drained, the prospects don’t look good for a second contract from where we sit today.

Solder, Light, Mankins, Andrews, Ahern, White ... White is the only RB, IIRC. Bolden got a 2nd contract as a special-teamer.

Solder, Light, Mankins, Andrews, Ahern, White ... White is the only RB, IIRC. Bolden got a 2nd contract as a special-teamer.

Looking solely at the 1st rounders, of the 17 to date:

2nd contract (8): Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Mankins, Mayo, McCourty, Solder, Hightower
Played out 1st contract, signed elsewhere (2): Graham, Watson
Didn't make it through 1st contract (4): Maroney, Meriweather, Jones, Easley
TBD (3): Brown, Wynn, Michel

So historically, about a 50% chance of getting a 2nd deal. Heavily skewed towards the lines and LB, but of course his 1st rounders overall have been skewed in that direction.

So to me the concern is less about how he’ll recover from this injury. My main concern is more about whether or not these injuries will continue to be a trend for him.
Exactly!! Use a 1st round pick, which are rare for the Patriots in recent years, on a guy who has a history of knee issues and hurts himself on a non-contact play in practice. Not good.

What are the expectations for this guy? Put another way, what is the minimum he would have to do in terms of either rush yards or total yards to have people say "this guy seems like a good pick at this time.

Obviously for a first rounder the expectation is more than 1 year of production, but what would a good start look like?

Exactly!! Use a 1st round pick, which are rare for the Patriots in recent years, on a guy who has a history of knee issues and hurts himself on a non-contact play in practice. Not good.

In 2010, trade up to a spot 11 picks later to take a guy that had back surgery and had been out of football for a year.

If the team is supposed to only use high picks on guys that have zero injury history, (and I don't see pick #31 and pick #42 as being drastically different in value) then we need to start acknowledging that Gronk should have never been on this team.

C'mon, guys. I like all of y'all. Just drop it and let's get back to football. :)

I'm looking forward to Michel can do in this offense. If he misses all of training camp and stays healthy for the regular season, so be it. It's better that he clears things up early. I was surprised we took a RB in the 1st, but I said all season long that he was the best fit in CFB for our offense, and I'm excited to see what he can do over the next few years. Let's just enjoy the ride.

Except that one wight will help save Westeros while all 3 dragons are most likely dead by series end.

level 1
BaconGrundleCandy

I disagree abt "The Trade" if u will.

It was awful and very graphic seeing V die but I think we can see the endgame coming and balance has to be restored. There's a good chance that all 3 dragons will die by series end.

That wight might just save Westeros in convincing the people who don't have dragons, **** their siblings or deliver shadow babies.

Word will undoubtedly get out and as winter nears opinions will no doubt change.

always right about all things across all platforms....you're right (of course).This site is beneath your prodigious intelligence. Feel free to leave and don't come back.

Not sure what you're talking about here but assumed it was just above my head as usual and wanted to try out the new Genius rating.

I pulled up his posts at some dinkbrain fantasy board to illustrate his severe "always right" disease. From now on I'm just going to agree with everything he posts, no matter how obtuse he gets.

What are the expectations for this guy? Put another way, what is the minimum he would have to do in terms of either rush yards or total yards to have people say "this guy seems like a good pick at this time.

Obviously for a first rounder the expectation is more than 1 year of production, but what would a good start look like?
For me, a good start would be playing in the majority of games without any major injuries, looking good in pass protection, and not putting the ball on the ground.

A very good start would be doing all of these things while showing solid progression throughout the second half of the season, and taking over as the lead 1st/2nd down rusher by the postseason.

If you’re looking for stat projections, I’d guess that a handful of TDs and a 4.0+ YPC average would be a good starting point (combined with the above), but if he ends up with 750+ yards on the ground in his rookie season, I will be very excited for what he looks like next year. If he ends up being half the threat in the receiving game that some here have talked about, that’s simply a bonus. I’d like him to be efficient enough to where it’s not a sure tell if he’s in the backfield, meaning that I would be happy with 25 catches. Others have their sights set on higher numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back