PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Sony Michel to miss some time after minor knee procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

The biggest medical concern is likely long-term degenerative changes from cartilage damage from the original ACL injury. No doubt he can play, the question is for how long.

Jay Ajayi had these similar questions during the 2015 draft process and to date has done well — with a Super Bowl ring to show for it.
Running backs generally don't have long careers in the NFL anyway, so the Patriots have likely taken a calculated medical risk here.
A matter of time for Patriots pick Sony Michel

I sure hope Michel doesn't go the way of Mitchell.

The "bone-on-bone" thing, which only Lombardi reported, was denied by Michel and has never been confirmed by anyone.
Sounds like Lombardi was,once again, throwing spaghetti at the wall.
He used to be good. Can't trust anything he says anymore.

Are you kidding?

One week into his training camp he has his knee drained after a standard drill and you think that Lombardi was talking out of his ass?

Also please tell me what that "once again" is supposed to mean. If he is wrong that often please bring up some examples of that because from everything I have heard from him over the last two years he is still the most insightful person in the mainstream business when it comes to the NFL.

Are you kidding?

One week into his training camp he has his knee drained after a standard drill and you think that Lombardi was talking out of his ass?

Also please tell me what that "once again" is supposed to mean. If he is wrong that often please bring up some examples of that because from everything I have heard from him over the last two years he is still the most insightful person in the mainstream business when it comes to the NFL.

His ACL was in 2011. Sophomore year in high school. He had other injuries, But I bet many, if not most RBs had more serious recent knee injuries. Mitchell was known injury risk, which is why we got him a couple rounds later than he should have. Even the alarmists say maybe an issue in his second contract if ever.

Are you kidding?

I'll repeat: Lombardi is the ONLY one who reported bone on bone. Michel denied it immediately and NO ONE, repeat NO ONE, has ever confirmed it. Not anyone from UGA, not anyone from the Pats. Not any medical or training personnel, not any family, not any other media. Nobody. Yes, there have been a couple recent other cases where Lombardi reported NFL stuff that was disproven in the last couple years. I don't remember the specific cases but they were posted on this board and wouldn't be hard to find. And I totally disagree with your assessment of him as the " most insightful person...on the NFL". Louis Riddick is head and shoulders above him. And " the most insightful NFL analyst" wouldn't make shiit up.
Lombardi WAS good a few years ago. But he's proven himself as unreliable since.

Dec 2, 2017 Non-NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Michel injured his left knee in the SEC championship but was able to play in the National Semifinal a month later.
Sep 9, 2017 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Michel missed 1 game with an ankle injury.
Jul 4, 2016 Non-NFL Arm Forearm Fracture Michel fractured his left forearm in an ATV accident.
Nov 8, 2014 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Michel missed 1 game with an ankle injury.
Sep 27, 2014 Non-NFL Shoulder Scapula Fracture Michel missed 4 games with a broken shoulder blade.
Aug 30, 2011 Non-NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Michel suffered a torn ACL as a high school sophomore in 2011.

I'll repeat: Lombardi is the ONLY one who reported bone on bone. Michel denied it immediately and NO ONE, repeat NO ONE, has ever confirmed it. Not anyone from UGA, not anyone from the Pats. Not any medical or training personnel, not any family, not any other media. Nobody. Yes, there have been a couple recent other cases where Lombardi reported NFL stuff that was disproven in the last couple years. I don't remember the specific cases but they were posted on this board and wouldn't be hard to find. And I totally disagree with your assessment of him as the " most insightful person...on the NFL". Louis Riddick is head and shoulders above him. And " the most insightful NFL analyst" wouldn't make shiit up.

I would say a 23 yr old RB having his knee drained after a non-contact "tweak" gives some credence to Lombardi's claim, wouldn't you...

I would say a 23 yr old RB having his knee drained after a non-contact "tweak" gives some credence to Lombardi's claim, wouldn't

It is what it is. While Michel is on the mend, he can work on his fumbling issues (I.e. similar to Kevin Faulk, who carried the ball high close to his body to change his habit).

I would say a 23 yr old RB having his knee drained after a non-contact "tweak" gives some credence to Lombardi's claim, wouldn't you...

No.
It's a fact that he has a history of knee problems including the torn acl.
It is NOT a fact that he has a bone on bone issue with the knee. Has never been confirmed by anyone.
Don't you think it would have?
I don't deal in rumor or innuendo. That is the definition of gossip.
I avoided the butler megathread for that reason. I avoided all the BS gossiping about a supposed rift between TB,BB RK.(which is all baloney imo).
You want real insight and NFL coverage by knowledgeable people who avoid speculation and rumor- mongering?
Then read and /or watch Reiss, Chatham,Howe and Riddick( I don't gaf he's on espn- he's the best in the business)

You don't understand what he "claimed." Maybe read what Lombardi said.

Dec 2, 2017 Non-NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Michel injured his left knee in the SEC championship but was able to play in the National Semifinal a month later.
Sep 9, 2017 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Michel missed 1 game with an ankle injury.
Jul 4, 2016 Non-NFL Arm Forearm Fracture Michel fractured his left forearm in an ATV accident.
Nov 8, 2014 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Michel missed 1 game with an ankle injury.
Sep 27, 2014 Non-NFL Shoulder Scapula Fracture Michel missed 4 games with a broken shoulder blade.
Aug 30, 2011 Non-NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Michel suffered a torn ACL as a high school sophomore in 2011.

Not that far off my own adolescence. Except for the locations of the games played.

Can't even remember the last time the Pats drafted an effective lead back. Curtis Martin? Does Robert Edwards count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call