PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Hogan will play! // H. back at practice! T.Flowers practicing as well (EDIT: out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time Brady missed back to back practices? Just curious. I’m sure someone here knows.

We play Monday night so there is an extra day this week. Brady taking that extra day off might not be significant. Have to wait for tomorrow's report I am thinking.

Brady has struggled at Miami. Just curious as to why you chose Halloween as your starting point though, considering that the weather tends to be milder as opposed to playing in Sept/Oct.

In other words, does he have a better record at Miami pre-Halloween, or is it similar? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

I'm on the Gulf Coast easily 100+ miles north of Miami (we experience colder days more than Miami for sure). I can tell you that weather even here, while no longer absurdly humid, through Christmas is going to be warm if not hot to a northerner. In my town I think all of December 2016 was nice except a cold day of 69, but many days near, at, or above 80. So anything in November, except for the very very odd day, will be just about hot down south in Miami. I don't know if weather is a factor for Brady but an after Halloween sample means only drier and not as hot -- but it still will be hot or very much close to hot to a northern based player experiencing cold temps almost every day.

Good news for Brady/Patriot players/Patriot fans -- even Miami is getting hit with this giant cold wave. I know it's going to be outright cold here (expect mid 40s here by game's end). But to a northerner down in Miami I'm assuming at 9:00pm on a December Monday night a 57 degree game start temp is going to feel like good playing weather, no?.

With Brady as the starter, in MIA after Halloween....

04- loss (U-G-L-Y)
05- win
06-loss
09-loss
12- win
12- loss
15-loss
16-win

So 3-5 in MIA with TB12 at QB after Halloween.

Thats not good.

Some background on the losses:

04- loss (U-G-L-Y)
05- win
06-loss (Saban, 66 net passing yards, 5 sacks, 3 fumbles, 9 penalties, shutout)
09-loss (This loss was the 3rd loss in the last 4 games)
12- win
12- loss (last game of the season - we already had the #1 seed if I recall)
15-loss (last game of the season, game definitely mattered, coming into game Patriots were 2-3 over their last 5, extra tough Nov/Dec injuries if I recall, Miami with I believe almost 400 yards passing)
16-win

Yes, that sounds like a whole lotta excuses (maybe so). And the Patriots are absolutely not invulnerable to loss, Brady is not invulnerable to having a bad game. But you can see starting at 09 the losses were foretold by an already established troubling trend. So based on 09 trend->loss pattern and with the Patriots 2017 ++trend coming into Monday night, a loss to the Phins would be unusual to that list above, IMHO

Yeah. Still nice to have a player out there you can bring in on a “booty call“ that knows the system, players, playbook etc and plays multiple positions plus ST..

No, that's terrible. Are you new here?

Thanks,Aaron. My advice to you is work a little harder on your game and maybe you'll get closer to being in TB12's class.
upload_2017-12-8_10-58-27.jpeg

I'm excited about this one.

Hasn't been getting to the QB these last few games but hes still very active and doing ok. Gotta think the game tape has caught up with him and OL knows his pass rush moves now. Typical rookie.

Hasn't been getting to the QB these last few games but hes still very active and doing ok. Gotta think the game tape has caught up with him and OL knows his pass rush moves now. Typical rookie.

From what I've seen in rewatches, he's still hitting the quarterback and providing pressure. They're just getting the ball away in time, although some of the errant throws have been a direct result of his pressure. I think he's basically the same player, but the stats have fallen off a bit since the beginning of the year. I expect that he'll rebound soon. Once he's back to playing in a rotation, that may help keep him fresh, as well.

He may also be exhausted. In college, they would either be done for the season or taking a long break in between bowl games at this time of the year.

From what I've seen in rewatches, he's still hitting the quarterback and providing pressure. They're just getting the ball away in time, although some of the errant throws have been a direct result of his pressure. I think he's basically the same player, but the stats have fallen off a bit since the beginning of the year. I expect that he'll rebound soon. Once he's back to playing in a rotation, that may help keep him fresh, as well.

For the year, Wise has 21 tackles, four tackles for loss, three sacks, and 15 quarterback hits. That is an outstanding rookie year.

However, over the last four games, despite rushing the passer 74 times, Wise has recorded just two quarterback pressures after recording 25 in the first eight games.

Rookie wall or he needs to vary his moves. Not sure. But based on expectations in the preseason, he has exceeded them and then some.

They might need to spot him more. He played a ton vs BUF so that tells you BB and Blackbeard are ok with him.

Patriots at Bills Advanced Stats Report: Eric Lee and Malcom Brown star against Buffalo

He may also be exhausted. In college, they would either be done for the season or taking a long break in between bowl games at this time of the year.
That might be it too.

Some background on the losses:

04- loss (U-G-L-Y)
05- win
06-loss (Saban, 66 net passing yards, 5 sacks, 3 fumbles, 9 penalties, shutout)
09-loss (This loss was the 3rd loss in the last 4 games)
12- win
12- loss (last game of the season - we already had the #1 seed if I recall)
15-loss (last game of the season, game definitely mattered, coming into game Patriots were 2-3 over their last 5, extra tough Nov/Dec injuries if I recall, Miami with I believe almost 400 yards passing)
16-win

Yes, that sounds like a whole lotta excuses (maybe so). And the Patriots are absolutely not invulnerable to loss, Brady is not invulnerable to having a bad game. But you can see starting at 09 the losses were foretold by an already established troubling trend. So based on 09 trend->loss pattern and with the Patriots 2017 ++trend coming into Monday night, a loss to the Phins would be unusual to that list above, IMHO

We won in 2012. Lost in 2013. Game was after the Cleveland game; first game post-Gronk injury... so if you want to talk about bad omens :eek:

Same here, will most likely start Hogan against the steeroiders.

Tough call this weekend. How will he reintegrate? The Pats offense has changed a lot since Hogan went down. Even if he's healthy, it's tough to say his fantasy value (which was very TD dependent early on) will remain high, even with Gronk out.

As tempting as it is, I consider him a boom or bust. I won't start him over Thielen or Cooks this week. I might consider him over Josh Gordon, but JG's matchup is so juicy it's nearly impossible to sit him down this week.

If Hogan comes out and catches 6 for 75 and a TD, I will definitely put him back in there vs. the Steelers.

Enough fantasy. From a real world perspective this is awesome. I know we say this nearly every year but I have no idea how any team can possibly account for all the weapons in this offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes