PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Hogan will play! // H. back at practice! T.Flowers practicing as well (EDIT: out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is quite the ankle injury for Cannon? Geez, did he break it? He has been out a while and no sight of him around the stadium.

Cannon 2017 injury report history:

WK-1 (not on report) played 100% of snaps
WK-2 Limited (ankle) played 100% of snaps
WK-3 DNP (ankle) - OUT
WK-4 Limited (ankle) 100% snaps
WK-5 Limited (ankle) 100% snaps
WK-6 Limited (ankle) 100% snaps
WK-7 (not on report) 100% snaps
WK-8 Limited (ankle) played 41% of snaps
WK-9 BYE WEEK

WK-10 thru WK-13 DNP (ankle) - OUT

WK-3 DNP (ankle) - OUT
WK-9 BYE WEEK

Gotta figure it was a high ankle sprain and he tried to gut it out

The problem was, if I remember correctly, he had successfully completed a pass earlier that year from his butt. Maybe against Cleveland? I guess he just got too ****y about his ass.
I recall years ago he completed a pass sitting down, to Patrick Pass. It was the pass to Pass from his ass ... on grass.

Last edited:
The problem was, if I remember correctly, he had successfully completed a pass earlier that year from his butt. Maybe against Cleveland? I guess he just got too ****y about his ass.
Better than too assy about his...

And Brady too. That INT he threw while falling on his ass late in the game was flat-out Inexcusable.

I think that has to have been the biggest brain fart of Tom's GOAT career.

i remember thinking at the time that the only reason he attempted that ill-advised pass was that he had completed this pass the week before vs. the bengals:

edit: i guess everyone else had the same thought!

WK-3 DNP (ankle) - OUT
WK-9 BYE WEEK

Gotta figure it was a high ankle sprain and he tried to gut it out
i remember thinking at the time that the only reason he attempted that ill-advised pass was that he had completed this pass the week before vs. the bengals:

edit: i guess everyone else had the same thought!
Yep!

Who caught that ? Patrick Pass?

-Definite Outs: Gronk, Cannon. Slater
-Concerned will be Out: KVN, Butler, Wise (Signing of JF signals KVN will be out? If any of these 3 are DNPs tomorrow I'd move them into Definite Out [unless last two days are due to a personal absence]. If they are LP then they remain in the Concerned Out)
-On the cusp: Flowers, Hogan
-Likely to Play: Brown, Waddle, Flowers

With Gronk out and assuming Hogan is not ready or is only ready for very limited snaps, here is the WR snaps breakdown over the last 4 games:
Cooks: 254 of 270 snaps
Dorsett: 168 of 270 snaps
Amendola: 133 of 270 snaps

Gameplan: Miami D averages 4.3 yards per carry allowed, they are tied for 9th most rushing TDs allowed, 115 yards per game allowed. Statistically speaking they are at the very bottom of the middle tier or at the very top of the bottom tier.
I'd expect to see Lewis, Burk, maybe more handoffs for White (could this even be a game to get Gill back on the field? No) attempt to provide a lot of the offensive production. But IF Miami shuts the run game down it's hard to see any way around the fact that Dorsett (and Allen) will see his most targets of the year. If I am Miami my coverage is friggin all over Cooks and DA with regular blitzing of Brady. If Brady wants to do his drop and pop then make it be to guys he very very infrequently throws to.
If the Patriots win then in a way these games are excellent situational training. What if BB-JM-Brady are without multiple weapons? How to the packages and play calling alter? How much can the OL/RBs/run game be counted on if the decision is (or is forced on us) to stubbornly ply the ground and pound?

I'll never forget that game. I'm watching it at home while holding my 3 week old girl (now a precosious 13 year old) who just came home that day after experiencing complications and while she's sleeping on me I'm losing my freaking mind. She never woke up. Lol

Coincidentally, I remember that game in part because I was in the hospital holding my one day old son. It was one of the few losses I've been able to turn off without a lingering care. :)

Even if Hogan is ready to go this week I kind of hope they hold him for Pittsburgh. First of all because I don't want him to reinjure himself, and secondly because Hogan did some great work against Pittsburgh in the playoffs last year.

Disagree as he needs a few reps against Miami to get back into the game speed flow to be ready to crush Squealer fans playoff hopes.
Plus, Hogan just being out there as a target running deep helps open up underneath.

What was Slater's injury? I hope he is able to return soon.

I think that has to have been the biggest brain fart of Tom's GOAT career.
He probably attempted that pass because he had gotten away with one under very similar circumstances (vs the Bungles IIRC) at home a couple of weeks earlier.
It didn't matter that the Pats lost that game in Miami anyway; they still would've had to travel to ****sdirt for the AFCC.

Edit: Sorry, I posted this before I opened the last page of the thread (#s 61-76). Thanks for the confirmations.

p.s.: It sure is nice to see a clip of Gillette with a grass field. Too bad that Bill couldn't find someone who could Pull Weeds well enough for him & Krafty.

Last edited:

Tom missing first Thursday practice? Not a good sign. Others less surprising to me. Still expect Tom to play of course, but wonder about his Achilles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back