PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice update: Hogan, Cannon, Andrews out for Sunday vs Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but they have their most hard hitting games of the season coming up over the next two weeks. Ravens and the Bengals always seem to play smash mouth against the Steelers and vice versa.

We still need to have everyone healthy for that one, regardless of what injuries pittsburgh may get over the next couple games.

We are so frickin lucky noone picked up Karras when we released him and signed him to the Practice Squad. It was a shock to a lot of people he was released to begin with. It was a gamble. Had to wait a few days for Mitchell to be put on IR to open a slot for him to be put back on roster.

Thank god we have him. Karras was rock solid last game. Dare I say......... he might even be an upgrade on the relatively undersized Andrews.

If he were the Pats wouldn't have given Andrews an extension this offseason.

I wouldn't be shocked if takes the Patriots a quarter or so to get going. They were in altitude for a week and probably exhausted.

I wouldn't be shocked if takes the Patriots a quarter or so to get going. They were in altitude for a week and probably exhausted.
Actually, many athletes train at high altitudes prior to athletic contests at low altitudes. Training at high altitudes forces the body to produce more red blood cells which then benefit the athlete at low altitude for ten to twenty days.

We still need to have everyone healthy for that one, regardless of what injuries pittsburgh may get over the next couple games.

Sure. It looks like the toughest game left on the schedule but it's not simply because it's the Steelers have a good team rather it's also the last game of a 5 of 6 road stretch.

Btw: I'm a little conflicted with my post because it implies I expect injuries, which I do, but I truly wouldn't wish it.

Hopefully both teams will play each other healthy as possible. I still expect a Pats win.

Sure. It looks like the toughest game left on the schedule but it's not simply because it's the Steelers have a good team rather it's also the last game of a 5 of 6 road stretch.

Btw: I'm a little conflicted with my post because it implies I expect injuries, which I do, but I truly wouldn't wish it.

Hopefully both teams will play each other healthy as possible. I still expect a Pats win.

Injuries happen, should be expected in some form, and that's a fact of NFL life. There isn't an implicit 'will be injured soon' in that statement. Again it's just a fact of NFL life that injures are going to happen.

The Patriots have some places they can manage if injury happens (secondary for example). OTOH there are places injury will be painfully hard to manage (LB). I'm not wishing anyone gets injured by saying I pray that no injury happens but if/when it does it's not season ending and it isn't where we can least afford it.

wonder whats wrong with andrews? clearly more than the regular illness. karras is bigger so he actually might be a better matchup against suh this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes