PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Hogan will play! // H. back at practice! T.Flowers practicing as well (EDIT: out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I'll get sympathy anywhere I can .

Here's a witch's brew elixir: Hot green tea with a packet of that Theraflu stuff mixed in........used to wash down an oxycontin. Don't think it cured a thing but I felt a HELL of a lot better :)

Here's a witch's brew elixir: Hot green tea with a packet of that Theraflu stuff mixed in........used to wash down an oxycontin. Don't think it cured a thing but I felt a HELL of a lot better :)
Ooo. Interesting. I'll do it except the oxy. I took it once as I had torn labrum and rotator cuff and it wigged me out.

Ooo. Interesting. I'll do it except the oxy. I took it once as I had torn labrum and rotator cuff and it wigged me out.

Hmmmm, wiggin out vs not relieving the effects of a bad flu? Tough call but I think I'm with you and I'd opt for not wiggin out.
Next best option: a boatload of Nyquil and sleep as many hours as possible. I figure if I feel like crap it's better to be sleeping.

Hmmmm, wiggin out vs not relieving the effects of a bad flu? Tough call but I think I'm with you and I'd opt for not wiggin out.
Next best option: a boatload of Nyquil and sleep as many hours as possible. I figure if I feel like crap it's better to be sleeping.
Yes oxy was not good. First and last time. I couldnt be a opioid junkie if I tried. :p

I agree. For me the best remedies for a cold or flu is vitamins, sleep and a greatly reduced stress level. Stress is big consumer of energy and the body needs that to fight off infection.

Had three major abdominal surgeries and got handed a scrip for Oxy on my way out of the hospital each time. Filled it each time, and each time I took it for one day before saying, "eff this" and switching over to acetaminophen and ibuprofen. Just couldn't stand the sense of dullness that went with the Oxy.

OTOH, that fentanyl s**t that I was on during immediate post-surgical recovery was marvelous! ATC, though, it's probably for the best that they didn't send me home with any of that.

Yes oxy was not good. First and last time. I couldnt be a opioid junkie if I tried. :p

I agree. For me the best remedies for a cold or flu is vitamins, sleep and a greatly reduced stress level. Stress is big consumer of energy and the body needs that to fight off infection.

Maybe depends on the type of stress. Back when I was training for marathons, I defeated common viral infections much, much faster than I had before or since. I just kept training through them.

A doctor told me years later that this was only partly due to my conditioning, and that continuing to raise my core temperature on a daily basis (like a voluntary fever) had really helped a lot.

Maybe depends on the type of stress. Back when I was training for marathons, I defeated common viral infections much, much faster than I had before or since. I just kept training through them.

A doctor told me years later that this was only partly due to my conditioning, and that continuing to raise my core temperature on a daily basis (like a voluntary fever) had really helped a lot.
Yep. Physical condition has a huge impact on the body's ability to fight off viruses and infection.

I'm not close to your level of training but I play hoop, run, work out, eat well bla bla and I hardly ever get sick but when I do it doesnt last long.

Except this most recent cold. I was traveling on biz and worn down. What a pain.

Yep. Physical condition has a huge impact on the body's ability to fight off viruses and infection.

I'm not close to your level of training but I play hoop, run, work out, eat well bla bla and I hardly ever get sick but when I do it doesnt last long.

Except this most recent cold. I was traveling on biz and worn down. What a pain.

Just to be clear - former level of training. I haven't trained seriously, much less been competitive, in almost 20 years.

Currently dealing with a broken collarbone, broken shoulder (where ball meets socket) and a broken arm/humerus from a nasty accident, and I could eat that stuff all day and it doesn’t really help for ****, anymore. I need it to fall asleep at night or whenever my body finally allows me, but I’m loading up on the Tylenol more and more.

The shoulder break was supposedly near the rotator cuff though, so I can relate to your struggle on that level. I actually had to switch to that worthless spray deodorant just because I can’t pull my arm out far enough to get the regular stuff on like in the past. It really limits you. The positive is that I’m getting to be real good at typing with one hand. :)

Currently dealing with a broken collarbone, broken shoulder (where ball meets socket) and a broken arm/humerus from a nasty accident, and I could eat that stuff all day and it doesn’t really help for ****, anymore. I need it to fall asleep at night or whenever my body finally allows me, but I’m loading up on the Tylenol more and more.

The shoulder break was supposedly near the rotator cuff though, so I can relate to your struggle on that level. I actually had to switch to that worthless spray deodorant just because I can’t pull my arm out far enough to get the regular stuff on like in the past. It really limits you. The positive is that I’m getting to be real good at typing with one hand. :)
You are in rough shape. Get well.

Shoulder injuries are such a pain in the ass. I was lucky and did not require surgery but trying to sleep and doing basic things was challenging for a bit.

You are in rough shape. Get well.

Shoulder injuries are such a pain in the ass. I was lucky and did not require surgery but trying to sleep and doing basic things was challenging for a bit.
No doubt. Sleep is basically just falling into bed on the good side and not being able to move at all once you do. Depending on the wife to get dressed, help me shower, etc. It sucks, especially this time of year when there seem to be s lot of responsibilities. That said, there are people here dealing with much worse, so I try and limit the complaining as much as possible.

No doubt. Sleep is basically just falling into bed on the good side and not being able to move at all once you do. Depending on the wife to get dressed, help me shower, etc. It sucks, especially this time of year when there seem to be s lot of responsibilities. That said, there are people here dealing with much worse, so I try and limit the complaining as much as possible.
Everyone has problems. Some more serious than others. Sometimes this place is good at talking about them.

I wonder if malcolm mitchell is going to start practicing next week

Chris hogan back will be a huge boost to the redzone/offense especially with Gronk out. If teams want to double cooks deep, hogan will be wide open. not to mention the RB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back