PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft: Justin Fields confirms that he has epilepsy

Epilepsy is usually well-managed medically, these days, other than severe cases.

Some people swear by cannibis therapy, though....
usually well managed doesn't have everyone to consider that it s reasonable to consider him to be a top 10 quarterback. And medical cannabis is still illegal in the NFL.
===========
To put another way, for many he was basically a $20M a year player next year, a starting QB, with th possibility of him being worth more or less. Now, would the same GM's consider that there has been ZERO loss in value? Of course not. There is a medical condition to be managed that COULD get worse or have unknown consequences in the future. This information cannot have no affect on his value.
===========
The same folks may be willing to draft him at the same place, but be willing to pay less to move up.

I know most don't think much of Casserly. I suspect that he had inside information. His 2.0 mock had Fields at 24.

usually well managed doesn't have everyone to consider that it s reasonable to consider him to be a top 10 quarterback. And medical cannabis is still illegal in the NFL.
===========
To put another way, for many he was basically a $20M a year player next year, a starting QB, with th possibility of him being worth more or less. Now, would the same GM's consider that there has been ZERO loss in value? Of course not. There is a medical condition to be managed that COULD get worse or have unknown consequences in the future. This information cannot have no affect on his value.
===========
The same folks may be willing to draft him at the same place, but be willing to pay less to move up.
It’s a non factor.

Don’t care. Best deep ball in the draft. Well except maybe for Wilson

Last edited:
Shanahan will be fired within 5 years if he takes Mac jones

Shanahan will be fired within 5 years if he takes Mac jones

I don’t think so. I think jones would be a good fit but i hope they take Fields. Fields to me is a bust in waiting. My problem with him is his ability to process things quickly and his field vision.

I bet he slides out of rd 1 now. Which sucks for him.

Good for us maybe and maybe good for him too.
I'd still take him with the 15th pick. He, the team and the fans can learn how to deal with it. He has been dealing with it. I'd rather learn how to deal with epilepsy than an untalented highly drafted QB.

An epic read fail by me. I totally was thinking narcolepsy. I was like how in the hell is he going to play football. Dude just falls asleep in the huddle or at the LOS talk about a **** ton of delay of game penalties.

But even with that there is no danger to himself playing football?
Felger made the same mistake today. It was hilarious.

With the 15th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select.....Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State.

1619054461131.gif

I heard that Trevor Lawrence has leprosy and herpes but it's his Tourettes that might just do him in.

I don't see him falling out of the top ten.

Fwiw others have dealt with it. Tiki Barber, Jason Snelling, Alan Faneca, Samari Rolle have had pretty good careers with it I believe.
I think Tiki can stop any potential slide this news may cause. He can help the kid here. Is stuff like this not supposed to be protected by HIPAA laws?

Fields’ epilepsy symptoms reportedly have become less frequent in recent years, and doctors have hope he will outgrow the condition as other members of Fields’ family have.

Quote from Profootballtalk.com. That is all we need to know.

NothingBurger. Not falling to 15.

I don't think he slides out of the top 10, but #3 to #7 is a possibility given how much the Niners invested in moving up to #3...Shanny/Lynch need to hit a home run, IMO.

I have epilepsy, had one seizure in seventh grade, during a fight. Science teacher had to reach down with his finger and pull my toungue out of the back on my throat because i had swallowed it. After that once i was put on medication, no issues, played football until I was 22, wrestled and got into plenty of other fights, drank heavily, no issues.

In my twenties I read an interesting article about how a high fat diet helps epilepsy, i guess i have a high fat diet becuase i stopped taking medication years ago and have never had any other incidents.

However, there are many forms of epilepsy, a friend of mine's son had it so bad he would have a siezure everyday, he died from it at 19, and his mother said to me at his funeral "at least the seizures have finally stopped" (i'm beginning to cry again just typing that).

So if Fields has/had what I had, what most people refer to as childhood epilepsy, it will be no issue whatsoever. There are various forms of epilepsy, so it will depend on his diagnosis, as to how it effects his draft stock.

Felger made the same mistake today. It was hilarious.
I can imagine I was laughing at myself pretty hard when I realized my reading comprehension gaffe.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back