PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft: Justin Fields confirms that he has epilepsy

So you in a world where Fields is so lousy a prospect that neither WASH nor NE will draft him. I would call such a world an alternate reality.

I never said Fields was a lousy prospect. Neither Aaron Rodgers and he dropped like a stone. Sometimes a player will get a lot of pre-draft negative information spread about them and it hurts their draft stock. It happens a lot. Just as much other prospects get too much pre-draft buzz and then get over drafted.

I said it isn't likely that Fields would drop into the 20s, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

I doubt the Redskins will take him. They just used a mid first round pick on Dwayne Haskins just two years ago. I am guessing that they will give Haskins this year to prove he can be a good starting QB before they move on from him.

And besides, Washington has the 19th pick. If they take Fields there, is it really all that much different than him dropping down into the 20s? It is one pick away. When the draft process started, many people expected Fields to be the second pick in the draft. If he goes 19th, that is a massive drop.

EDIT: Stupid me for some reason I was confusing Haskin and the Washington team with Jalen Hurts and the Eagles. I get my crappy NFC East teams confused sometimes.

Last edited:
I never said Fields was a lousy prospect. Neither Aaron Rodgers and he dropped like a stone. Sometimes a player will get a lot of pre-draft negative information spread about them and it hurts their draft stock. It happens a lot. Just as much other prospects get too much pre-draft buzz and then get over drafted.

I said it isn't likely that Fields would drop into the 20s, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

I doubt the Redskins will take him. They just used a mid first round pick on Dwayne Haskins just two years ago. I am guessing that they will give Haskins this year to prove he can be a good starting QB before they move on from him.

And besides, Washington has the 19th pick. If they take Fields there, is it really all that much different than him dropping down into the 20s? It is one pick away. When the draft process started, many people expected Fields to be the second pick in the draft. If he goes 19th, that is a massive drop.
Didn’t Washington already move on from Haskins? I think he’s on the Steelers now.

Haskins plays for the steelers.

Didn’t Washington already move on from Haskins? I think he’s on the Steelers now.

You are right. Sorry don't follow the Washington team. Actually for some reason I confused him with Jalen Hurts and the Eagles.

A modified Keto diet is a fairly frequently used treatment option for people with epilepsy. For some, it’s enough to get off of meds entirely.
I hope the " modified" part includes a heavy dose of healthful carbs.
Keto diets are for women, not men. Men need carbs to keep healthy T levels. Otherwise, they produce too much cortisol which kills T.
Of course, keeping his epilepsy under control may trump this. Maybe they can strike a balance between the two. Fields is a smart guy,Im sure hes researched this stuff.

Do you think most teams already knew about Fields epilepsy issue?

You are right. Sorry don't follow the Washington team. Actually for some reason I confused him with Jalen Hurts and the Eagles.
Fun fact: You can edit out mind-numbing brain cramps instead of choosing to let said cramps live on in interweb infamy.

Or blame it on being hacked :)

Fun fact: You can edit out mind-numbing brain cramps instead of choosing to let said cramps live on in interweb infamy.

Or blame it on being hacked :)

LOL! I knew I had to go with the hacking excuse.

But I screwed up. I’ll own up to it.

OT but...Rob's avatar just gave me an idea...

5845.jpg

The Patriots should hold a 3 Day Punch Felcher In The Mouth In Person-thon at the Razor...a buck a punch. Raise millions for the Patriots Foundation. Hell, I'd spend a C note to do my part...

How can you give up 2 future 1's and not be sure which player you're going to pick?
I’m assuming they are probably sure. It’s the media that isn’t sure, and the Niners don’t gain anything by declaring flat out who they want, or they run the risk of the Jets changing their mind on Wilson and either taking who the 49ers want or trading to someone else that does. I don’t really know to be quite honest. I’m just very interested to see what happens on Thursday.

Would I still cuddle w Miranda Kerr if she had epilepsy ? Yes.
Yeah but what if you woke up to her like this one night?

Epilepsy isn't a whole lot of fun. I had a grand mal seizure back in junior high, and it was easiest one of the scariest moments of my life.

That being said, with the right doctor and proper medications/life changes, Justin should be fine IMO.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back