PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft: Justin Fields confirms that he has epilepsy

An epic read fail by me. I totally was thinking narcolepsy. I was like how in the hell is he going to play football. Dude just falls asleep in the huddle or at the LOS talk about a **** ton of delay of game penalties.

But even with that there is no danger to himself playing football?
Better than my initial reaction..

As long as he can see the entire Fields

1. Newton on a full training camp, without shoulder injury, and without COVID
  2. Stidham on a last chance to save his career
  3. Fields with the highest score in history on the intelligence/processing speed test, and high production at one of the top 5 programs in the country
  4. a massive upgrade in weapons, with the best TE group in the NFL, James White recovered from his personal trauma, and an average WR group
would be a pretty good outcome of all this.

It was posted somewhere on the Board. Not going to search it.
@BaconGrundleCandy posted this, and more similar, recently in the BigBoard thread:
View attachment 32318
[/QUOTE]
Yea the other quote comes from Mark Sanchez. Supposedly Fields tested the highest ever since they started this particular one. Somewhere in my thread.

Sooooo correlating....correlating.....correlating....analyzing....more overthinking....epilepsy makes you a smart qb?

Would I still cuddle w Miranda Kerr if she had epilepsy ? Yes.

You kinda get the sense that Fields has the potential to have an Aaron Rodgers type of draft fall. Not saying it will happen, but he has already fallen from probably being the second or latest third QB taken in the draft to possibly being the fifth.

I wouldn't bet he drops to the 20s because there are enough teams drafting in the first half of the draft that are QB hungry, but I wouldn't be shocked either if he did.

You kinda get the sense that Fields has the potential to have an Aaron Rodgers type of draft fall. Not saying it will happen, but he has already fallen from probably being the second or latest third QB taken in the draft to possibly being the fifth.

I wouldn't bet he drops to the 20s because there are enough teams drafting in the first half of the draft that are QB hungry, but I wouldn't be shocked either if he did.
So you in a world where Fields is so lousy a prospect that neither WASH nor NE will draft him. I would call such a world an alternate reality.

Don’t really know much about it, let me Google for five minutes and then I’ll come back and I’ll be an expert with a strong opinion on it

I think Tiki can stop any potential slide this news may cause. He can help the kid here. Is stuff like this not supposed to be protected by HIPAA laws?
HIPAA is about doctor patient confidentiality. If Fields voluntarily confirmed to the media that he has this medical condition, it's not protected by anything.

As far as Field's draft stock. I'm not sure how that factors in. But it might just cement the 49ers on Mac Jones at #3.

Still think he's SF pick at #3.

Maybe it makes Justin Fields’ draft stock fall, maybe it doesn’t, but I wouldn’t let it be a deterrent to drafting him. Alan Faneca had a HOF career in the NFL while being treated for epilepsy. Fields should be fine as long as he’s managing it with his doctor.
Agreed. I also remember Bobby Clarke had epilepsy as well, and the violence in hockey back in the day concerned people about his epilepsy, I don’t think he ever missed any time due to it. Everyone is different, but there have been other athletes who had it, and it didn’t stop them.

Not a doctor at all but how does epilepsy interacts with a guy who can have a few concussions in his pro football career?

I can see reasons for a drop in his draft position out of the top 3 but at #6 or #7 it would be a steal for a team just staying there waiting.

Trade up for him just to watch ****in Indy insist at having us at home at night & building in strobe lighting (and the canned crowd goes wild)

In my twenties I read an interesting article about how a high fat diet helps epilepsy, i guess i have a high fat diet becuase i stopped taking medication years ago and have never had any other incidents.
A modified Keto diet is a fairly frequently used treatment option for people with epilepsy. For some, it’s enough to get off of meds entirely.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back