Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you care about players' behavior? How much?

• If a player is good and is eligible, I want him on the Pats. I'd welcome OJ Simpson if he was young

• Pretty much don't care, but I draw the line at proven sexual assault, murder, or breaking kids' arms

• As long as it's in the past, I don't care. It's how they behave on the Pats

• If it's only allegations and jerky behavior, I don't care, but I draw the line at convictions

• I value character highly and want good guys on my team; I'd choose winning less for that

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s in the past it’s in the past. That’s how I view it at least. A clean slate when you’re with us.

I think it’s a more interesting discussion than it is a poll, because it’s a gray area, not specific choices. There’s a big difference between a positive PED test and whipping your child, or raping women. I can deal with people who make mistakes, but not with truly bad people, so I’m ok with the first, and not ok at all with the second.

The problem is that we the fans, like Tom Brady the QB, have no say in which players are drafted to our team. What else can we do when our GM drafts an ahole but cheer for the guy?

I don't know if the NYFL is any better now than in the past, but it sure seems like Goody and the owners don't care about character. In fact, for two years they decided to smear Tom Brady, one of the most high character players they have. That's why I'm done when he's done.

The coddling and look-the-other-way attitude starts in youth sports and continues until someone, (hopefully) finally says "It's not okay". If parents and school administrators at would stop valuing sports over education and ethical behavior this problem would greatly diminish. As long as the dumb jock stereotype is allowed to continue we will see stupid things happening when players go pro and get handed a boatload of money. It's not everyone, obviously, but it is allowed to happen way too much.

This is hitting the nail squarely on the head.

Roger Clemens was one of the biggest aholes in sports, and it all started when he was ten years old and he could throw a baseball through a wall. That was when adults started fawning over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back