PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll - Which ring-less BB/Brady era player do you most wish won a championship here?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do you think most wished won a ring with the Patriots?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy. I loved Wes but Randy wasn't the one who dropped a key pass that hit him in the hands late in the game. Wes had his shot to win the title then and there.

Junior Seau. I'll never forget Tedy Bruschi hugging him after the Moss TD and probably telling him that they were now one 4th-down stop away from immortality. Breaks my heart.

2007, by far. Could've knocked out 19-0 and got rings for Moss, Seau and Mankins all at once. Just about every regret I have re: the 2005-2013 Patriots could've been nullified with a win in SB42.

2015, though, is a close second. It would be pretty hilarious if we'd ripped off a threepeat immediately after deflategate. As an added bonus, it would have denied Peyton Manning his second ring, and spared everyone his weird, Bud Light and Papa John's-infested idea of a storybook ending.

Welker or Moss.. I chose Welker because of how many ****ing hits he took going over the middle.

It would have been nice if they both got a ring in 2007. Thats the understatement of the year lol..

Jeez..Welker misses one pass..would have been a great catch, too, had he made it but the Pats lost that game as a team. Welker pulled our ass out of the fire so many times on third down that and every other season he played for us. He was just amazing. But not as amazing as the fact that we could not win a SB with him.

Danny Woodhead deserves mention too.
But I would also go along with Seau and Moss but one thing about Randy...

I remember watching one of those miked up shows and one was showing BB telling Randy that " Anytime you can go up and get that ball, I think that's what you should do."
Then I recall that last pass TB threw to him in the final seconds of that SB against Giants. It seemed like that was exactly the pass BB was talking about. Randy, as I recall, did not make that leap for the ball. He might actually have pulled that sucker down if he did.

After reading the thread title, I immediately thought "Welker". Wes forever changed perceptions of the game, what a quality WR looks like, became the model for a new generation of small shift receivers. Self made man. Tragic that he never got a ring, especially the 16-0 season where he was a big part of it.

Then, reading the poll, my response was "WTH Mankins didn't get his ring in 2004?"-- to which it seems the answer is no, he didn't.

So, got to choose Mankins over Welker. Guy was the heart and soul of the OL for his entire career, the best Olineman the franchise has ever had. Played emergency LT. Played with broken bones. Utterly reliable. Embodiment of the blue collar idea of the Patriots Way.

Strange that his tenure exactly matches the drought period. Must be a coincidence, I assume?

As Ricky Bobby would say: With all due respect…I completely disagree with that claim.

Yes I know what I said. Intentionally so. Hannah too.
I know the thread is about Patriot players from the Belichick/Brady era who missed out on a Super Bowl ring, but there were great, hard working players from previous eras who missed out on a championship, and some like Grogan and Hannah, who had a ring stolen from them.

I truly believe that if Seau had got his ring in 07 that he'd still be alive. The dude was desperately chasing a ring for years and never came to grips with being retired without one.

Moss 1 Welker 1A

Yes l blame Welker for 2011 but he was Bradys #1 for a long time

Moss. 2007 was legendary and it's a shame it didn't end with a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back