PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

That's not how this works
Eventually, he has to do it. and even though this isn't a criminal case, any competent defense attorney will still ask that, if a sexual assault were perpetrated, why a police report was never filed.

In other words, in this case, absence of evidence IS, to an extent, an evidence of absence. As I said in a previous post, the fact that police reports haven't materialized after weeks of this is at least a little bizarre. You'd normally see at least a few victims break rank and pursue criminal consequences independently of Buzzbee, the fact that not only has Buzzbee submitted no polce reports, but none of the girls did on their own, is, while not incredibly unusual, at least eyebrow-raisingly uncommon. Especially with THIS MANY separate claimants.

One thing you learn if you do any public facing business is how hard it is to get a bunch of angry people who don't know each other, to move in a bloc without some of them breaking ranks and acting on their own. The fact that Buzzbee managed to accomplish that is frankly, impressive, but does raise the question of why go to the effort to NOT submit police reports when they can be a big help in laying down the paper trail to meet the lower, but still extant, standard of evidence in a civil trial.

After all, in a "he said she said" case, getting police to commit to the fact that "she said" what "she said" is worth the time and effort.

For the record, based on the story I understand to have been told, assuming the generic story has elements in common with each civil complaint, Buzzbee's going to have to talk really fast to explain why what happened to these women wasnt something they either knew or should have known might happen as an obvious consequence of the job they agreed to take his money and do.

I mean if this was a general massage, and a dude saluted the flag and fired the cannon, that'd be one thing, but he specifically requested treatment for his groin and she both agreed to do it and started working. I mean it doesn't take rocket surgery to know that a masseuse is going to have to say hello to Mr. Peter One-Eye, Esqure if she steps onto his lawn and knocks on his front door. Objecting at that point is nearly as silly as Martian Manhunter volunteering for the VFD -- if it triggers you, don't take that kind work.

Also, at any time these women could have withdrawn consent by returning his money and leaving. Again, this isn't something he is, metaphoraically speaking, spring on these ladies at the last minute. It's a naked request, made up front. That's another thing I'm sure the defense will bring up.

rocket surgery?

Renown legal analyst Lester Munson is predicting on Watson's case:

"No, Buzbee will not succeed. Although Buzbee is a top-of-the-line legal representative and he filed a brilliantly written lawsuit, his effort to help suspend DW is doomed.... Hardin produced a legal strategy on Watson that is brilliantly reasoned, meticulously detailed, and well-written. Hardin’s countering of the evidence of the masseuses tampering with Deshaun's balls is powerful, and his description of Watson’s attempt at a healthy experience is persuasive."

Munson is known for accurate legal analysis during the Deflategate case against Tom Brady, when he predicted an appeal of Goodell’s ruling in front of Judge Berman was doomed, dead, defunct.

For the record, based on the story I understand to have been told, assuming the generic story has elements in common with each civil complaint, Buzzbee's going to have to talk really fast to explain why what happened to these women wasnt something they either knew or should have known might happen as an obvious consequence of the job they agreed to take his money and do.

I mean if this was a general massage, and a dude saluted the flag and fired the cannon, that'd be one thing, but he specifically requested treatment for his groin and she both agreed to do it and started working. I mean it doesn't take rocket surgery to know that a masseuse is going to have to say hello to Mr. Peter One-Eye, Esqure if she steps onto his lawn and knocks on his front door. Objecting at that point is nearly as silly as Martian Manhunter volunteering for the VFD -- if it triggers you, don't take that kind work.

Also, at any time these women could have withdrawn consent by returning his money and leaving. Again, this isn't something he is, metaphoraically speaking, spring on these ladies at the last minute. It's a naked request, made up front. That's another thing I'm sure the defense will bring up.
Wow

Eventually, he has to do it. and even though this isn't a criminal case, any competent defense attorney will still ask that, if a sexual assault were perpetrated, why a police report was never filed.

In other words, in this case, absence of evidence IS, to an extent, an evidence of absence. As I said in a previous post, the fact that police reports haven't materialized after weeks of this is at least a little bizarre. You'd normally see at least a few victims break rank and pursue criminal consequences independently of Buzzbee, the fact that not only has Buzzbee submitted no polce reports, but none of the girls did on their own, is, while not incredibly unusual, at least eyebrow-raisingly uncommon. Especially with THIS MANY separate claimants.

One thing you learn if you do any public facing business is how hard it is to get a bunch of angry people who don't know each other, to move in a bloc without some of them breaking ranks and acting on their own. The fact that Buzzbee managed to accomplish that is frankly, impressive, but does raise the question of why go to the effort to NOT submit police reports when they can be a big help in laying down the paper trail to meet the lower, but still extant, standard of evidence in a civil trial.

After all, in a "he said she said" case, getting police to commit to the fact that "she said" what "she said" is worth the time and effort.
You insist on posting things that are not true.

• Buzbee is an attorney, but not a DA. Therefore, he's not filing charges, which would be part of a criminal proceeding.
  • In terms of civil cases, Buzbee doesn't need to provide any evidence outside of the framework of court proceedings.

You insist on posting things that are not true.

• Buzbee is an attorney, but not a DA. Therefore, he's not filing charges, which would be part of a criminal proceeding.
  • In terms of civil cases, Buzbee doesn't need to provide any evidence outside of the framework of court proceedings.
At this point Buzz has had his chance to harm DW a lot. He's repeatedly failed to follow through with police reports.

DW's lawyer has had the chance to build a "defense". Which is sort of amazing considering Buzz has supplied no names or facts to actually refute. One that will cover the NFL when they choose not to suspend.

I doubt NFL teams will wait much longer for Buzz to get his crap together, and actually follow through on his threats.

Starting to look more n more like a failed smear attempt that'll be forgotten in a couple months.

Too unsubtle?
Too ignorant. You can’t have ever been in a room much less a relationship with a woman if that’s the way your mind works.
You are spewing hate toward innocent victims and verbally fellating the accused. It’s really pretty disgusting.
You literally said a masseuse gives consent for sex unless they give back the money. That and your description of Watson, his genitalia and there function is incredibly creepy.

At this point Buzz has had his chance to harm DW a lot. He's repeatedly failed to follow through with police reports.

DW's lawyer has had the chance to build a "defense". Which is sort of amazing considering Buzz has supplied no names or facts to actually refute. One that will cover the NFL when they choose not to suspend.

I doubt NFL teams will wait much longer for Buzz to get his crap together, and actually follow through on his threats.

Starting to look more n more like a failed smear attempt that'll be forgotten in a couple months.
He filed suits.

I think that when Buzbee talks about going to other jurisdictions it must be the NFL. No other entity would have any interest in 21 Jane Doe civil suits, unless the defendant is an NFL player.

We all know how incredibly inept and weak the NFL investigations have been. Buzbee can continue his charade with them with no possibility of negative (legal) backlash.

Now hopefully NFL teams have the resources to get some inside info on the investigation.

Maybe they can find out within a few days if things looks credible at all, or just BS.

Again, that's not how this works.

With a criminal report officially being filed I think it makes the accusers cases a little more credible. If Watson is innocent, this is actually what he should want. Hopefully the truth of the situation is a little bit closer to coming out. As I said a loong time ago, this whole situation sucks either way it plays out.

Again, that's not how this works.

I'm just saying how public opinion will work. Which is all that matters here.

*edit: all that mattered prior to the police report.

You are spewing hate
Show me where I've done that. You're rejecting my position not becuse of its merit but because it's a position you don't like, and you're showering me with all the epithets you can think of because clearly anything that you do not agree with must be morally abhorrent.

In other words you're everything wrong with debates of this nature. Sensationalist, emotional, and above all, severely egotistical.

Now we could continue on this vein and get the thread locked, because I'm pretty sure that what you just said to me is a GROSS violation of forum guidelines, or you could cool off, grow a sense of perspective, and stick to the facts of the case. I'm not going to try to make that choice for you, but those are your options, and I know which one would probably be better for your personal sanity.

My crime is not instantly rushing to the side of any girl, any girl at all, who merely makes claims of sexual assault and offers no proof or evidence whatsoever and moreover, makes absolutely no attempt whatsoever to secure a chain of evidence. In other words, of waiting for facts and evidence -- something, ANYTHING -- to be in place before falling over myself to crush the civil rights of the accusee in the name of feel-good sensationalism.

If that's the crime of which you accuse me @Ring 6, I proudly plead guilty of all charges

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back