PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

I’d have to defer to someone who understands civil suits better than me.

Is there a chance the women all accept a negotiated group settlement, similar to a class action suit, since they have the same attorney?

Would Woman A also testify in Woman B’s lawsuit to establish a pattern of behavior?
You're covering a couple of things, so let me try parsing...

All the women can agree to a settlement. It would be 22 settlements with the numbers agreed upon, likely the same or simliar NDO, and similar language beyond that. So, while it would effectively be a group settlement, it would not technically be so.

Pattern of behavior testimony is going to be contingent on the facts, so I can't give you a complete answer there. Admissibility will depend upon how the judge is interpreting things.

You're covering a couple of things, so let me try parsing...

All the women can agree to a settlement. It would be 22 settlements with the numbers agreed upon, likely the same or simliar NDO, and similar language beyond that. So, while it would effectively be a group settlement, it would not technically be so.

Pattern of behavior testimony is going to be contingent on the facts, so I can't give you a complete answer there. Admissibility will depend upon how the judge is interpreting things.
The tricky thing about *all* women agreeing to a blanket settlement is I am sure some of them believe they have stronger cases than others (which, IMHO, is true) so they would deserve more.

There might be trouble in figuring out how to divvy up the dough.

I think one of the issues is the word “forced” has a different meaning if you’re a celebrity like Watson who can damage someone’s career if she doesn’t do what he wants. It’s really pretty similar to Weinstein. Forcible rape where you pin someone down is the way we typically define sexual assault/sexual misconduct, but perceived employer/career blackmail is another form of misconduct. If this happened one time, I could see a defense, but there are text messages where Watson acknowledges that his advances were unwanted and then continued stalking victims on Instagram.

So you are saying that Bill Clinton should have been convicted of rape? I agree with you then.

Yes, certain situations should always be considered rape:

Student-teacher
Guard-Inmate

I wouldn't use Weinstein because let me put on my shocked faced to find out their is a casting couch in Hollywood. Boss vs. underling is much less clear than the situations above. Bill Clinton is an excellent example and the Senate said he did nothing wrong. So if you want to hold Watson to a higher standard than Bill Clinton, good luck with that.

It's really sad to hear about cases involving allegations of sexual assault. Bullying and sexual assault have unfortunately become major problems in today's society, and they can have long-lasting effects on individuals. It's crucial that we support victims and encourage them to seek help. I recently came across a helpful resource. They provide assistance to victims of bullying and even offer guidance in cases like sextortion. If you or someone you know has been affected by these issues, you might find their website helpful: https://www.digitalforensics.cоm/sextortion.It's important to remember that it's not easy to navigate through such situations, and the truth can sometimes be complex.

Last edited:
Bullying and sexual assault have unfortunately become major problems in today's society, and they can have long-lasting effects on individuals.
Nothing 'new' at all about any of it; but today - certainly, relatively very recently on the cultural timeline - there is awareness.

Football has always been way ahead of the other sports in terms of athletes coming from and/or getting into trouble.

This is a great movie

Gesh I thought he ****ed up again…just an old thread. The Deandre Hopkins Signing Next Week thread doesn’t seem like a terrible title anymore.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back