PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

I thought about this 2 weeks ago. Wish I could get Hardin $$ for the idea.

Did you read the PFT article? The names are out. No jane does. They even go and criticize those masseurs about massage techniques and all that stuff.

That would be admitting guilt. If i am innocent i am not giving them a dime.
That didn't work well for AB. It's sad, but as an entertainer, it's sometimes cheaper to pay for the NDA than losing endorsements due to allegations.

Sadly all it takes is a seemingly conceivable accusation to cause a momentary loss of income.

Did you read the PFT article? The names are out. No jane does. They even go and criticize those masseurs about massage techniques and all that stuff.
You sound as if you are saying a sexual assault victim and a character witness have the same anonymity issues.

Having those massage therapists come out in defense helps his public perception to an extent.

To be fair, being courteous and professional at times doesn't mean he was always that way.

Again it helps, and if the civil trial fails against him, it will give a lot of help to restoring his credibility going forward.

You sound as if you are saying a sexual assault victim and a character witness have the same anonymity issues.

Dude whose said sexual assault is not serious? Buzzbee’s claim about not sending it to the police is weak. His argument is weak. Again it’s a serious charge yet no criminal charges have been filed. I have always felt like the the person being accused deserves to confront face to face with his accusers. If you think people don’t abuse the system you’re out of your mind.

Dude whose said sexual assault is not serious? Buzzbee’s claim about not sending it to the police is weak. His argument is weak. Again it’s a serious charge yet no criminal charges have been filed. I have always felt like the the person being accused deserves to confront face to face with his accusers. If you think people don’t abuse the system you’re out of your mind.
Everything Buzbee does is just a little.... bizarre. I agree with you that his claim about not going to HPD is weak, and the way he announced it was ever weaker.

First he starts off by reminding us he ran for Mayor of Houston. Then he goes into how he thought the Chief of HPD should be fired, but that Chief is not there anymore, so that's ok. Then he reminds us how ethical he is because ethics. Then just tells us all how he will go "elsewhere" with his evidence. I guess maybe that means the feds?

You spoke as if the character witnesses attached their name while the victims chose to remain anonymous was telling.
Character witnesses have no need to remain anonymous. (They also seem to have been colluding on content but that’s beside the point) Victims have many potential reasons to remain anonymous.
The lawyering or pr skills or character of the attorney is not pertinent.
These women have filed suit and chosen to protect their identity publicly. They have every right to do. And there is no obligation to present their testimony or evidence until trial.
Just because it’s not time yet for him to confront his accusers doesn’t mean anyone has taken that right away from him.

There is no requirement to file a criminal complaint. Whatsboutism doesn’t override the fact that there are some 20 women who have gone to court saying he sexually assaulted, intimidated or abused them and they have a right to do so and to be heard.

It just amazes me that people are defending the guy accused of mistreating innocent women, calling them liars and having absolutely no empathy for what they are saying they were subjected to.
You can’t have daughters.

You spoke as if the character witnesses attached their name while the victims chose to remain anonymous was telling.
Character witnesses have no need to remain anonymous. (They also seem to have been colluding on content but that’s beside the point) Victims have many potential reasons to remain anonymous.
The lawyering or pr skills or character of the attorney is not pertinent.
These women have filed suit and chosen to protect their identity publicly. They have every right to do. And there is no obligation to present their testimony or evidence until trial.
Just because it’s not time yet for him to confront his accusers doesn’t mean anyone has taken that right away from him.

There is no requirement to file a criminal complaint. Whatsboutism doesn’t override the fact that there are some 20 women who have gone to court saying he sexually assaulted, intimidated or abused them and they have a right to do so and to be heard.

It just amazes me that people are defending the guy accused of mistreating innocent women, calling them liars and having absolutely no empathy for what they are saying they were subjected to.
You can’t have daughters.

It’s amazing to me that you’re declaring him guilty with no real evidence brung up yet. So now he picks and chooses his victims based on these 18 masseurs who said he was very professional. You know what’s a shakedown? It’s very possible. If he did it he will pay but i will wait. It’s 20 right now but in the grand scheme of things it might not be 20. Someone is lying obviously and hopefully the person whose lying pays the price .

It’s amazing to me that you’re declaring him guilty with no real evidence brung up yet. So now he picks and chooses his victims based on these 18 masseurs who said he was very professional. You know what’s a shakedown? It’s very possible. If he did it he will pay but i will wait. It’s 20 right now but in the grand scheme of things it might not be 20. Someone is lying obviously and hopefully the person whose lying pays the price .
Please show me where I declared him guilty because I’ve done no such thing.
Not molesting one person does not prove innocence from molesting a different person.
Why does someone have to be lying?

Nobody with a brain is deciding guilt or innocence without knowing the facts.
I just find it interesting and frankly troubling that people would see an accusation of sexual assault and place their empathy on the side of the accused person and assume the victim is a lying gold digger. If true imagine what those women went through while doing their job. I have a lot more concern for them than I do for the guy with the 160,000,000 contract on the possibility he was wrongly accused.
I guess everyone has to pick their side, mine is being much more angry that someone would take advantage of young women and force them to do what they don’t want to do, while yours appears to be making sure dem *****es don’t lie.
Like I said you clearly don’t have daughters so we will never see this the same way.

Please show me where I declared him guilty because I’ve done no such thing.
Not molesting one person does not prove innocence from molesting a different person.
Why does someone have to be lying?

Nobody with a brain is deciding guilt or innocence without knowing the facts.
I just find it interesting and frankly troubling that people would see an accusation of sexual assault and place their empathy on the side of the accused person and assume the victim is a lying gold digger. If true imagine what those women went through while doing their job. I have a lot more concern for them than I do for the guy with the 160,000,000 contract on the possibility he was wrongly accused.
I guess everyone has to pick their side, mine is being much more angry that someone would take advantage of young women and force them to do what they don’t want to do, while yours appears to be making sure dem *****es don’t lie.
Like I said you clearly don’t have daughters so we will never see this the same way.

Well now you have 18 who said he was very professional. A could be sexual predator in your mind was picking and choosing. Someone’s lying. We shall see. If he’s guilty he should be out of the league but i will wait it out. I don’t like some of the things that buzzbee has done. Seem like he’s posturing. He comes out with something every day while the other side is waiting to counter. Wouldn’t you want to keep things on the down load and go on from there?

Well now you have 18 who said he was very professional. A could be sexual predator in your mind was picking and choosing. Someone’s lying. We shall see. If he’s guilty he should be out of the league but i will wait it out. I don’t like some of the things that buzzbee has done. Seem like he’s posturing. He comes out with something every day while the other side is waiting to counter. Wouldn’t you want to keep things on the down load and go on from there?
So you literally are saying if I am accused of a crime if I go find (pay?) someone to say I did not commit the same crime against me then I am innocent?
I’m going to stop here and accept that I’m worried about the women who say they were assaulted dealing with what was done to them and you are worried about Deshaun Watsons feelings about being accused.
We couldn’t be further apart.

So you literally are saying if I am accused of a crime if I go find (pay?) someone to say I did not commit the same crime against me then I am innocent?
I’m going to stop here and accept that I’m worried about the women who say they were assaulted dealing with what was done to them and you are worried about Deshaun Watsons feelings about being accused.

the economy is booming.....haven't you seen the want ads?

So you’re implying that those 18 got paid? Really? No it just counters what those women are saying about watson and they have put their names out there for ridicule if they took cash like you might be saying. Basically you’re already handing him a guilty verdict. I will wait for the facts and something called evidence. They need to bring something to the table because it’s he said she said right now.

So you’re implying that those 18 got paid? Really? No it just counters what those women are saying about watson and they have put their names out there for ridicule if they took cash like you might be saying. Basically you’re already handing him a guilty verdict. I will wait for the facts and something called evidence. They need to bring something to the table because it’s he said she said right now.
Why would it be impossible that he paid them?
In what way have I handed him a guilty verdict? I have said every step of the way we do not have the evidence. It would be ridiculous to pass judgment. I am saying my concern and empathy is with the victims. You are saying your concern and empathy is with the accused. That’s where we differ.
Where we also differ is that you are searching for reasons to imply they are all lying gold diggers and I am saying I give them the benefit of the doubt until the facts come out.
It’s incredible to me that you could possibly take my comments which include saying you can’t possibly judge the case without the facts as “handing him a guilty verdict”.

At this point all we can do is have an uneducated guess and opinion. Mine is that it seems to me 20 people accusing him of similar things seems credible at this stage until we know the facts. Yours seems to be everyone’s a liar and his could a guy who plays football that well do anything wrong.
The truth will come out, im just happy I don’t wake up every day thinking when a sexual assault is alleged my heart must go out to the accused because dem bltches are all liars

Best case (fantasy land) scenario for the Pats (this story doesn’t really interest me otherwise): Two additional QB-needy teams spend significant draft capital to trade up then Watson is exonerated after the draft and the Pats capitalize in the face of reduced competition by making an aggressive offer to Caserio, who accepts, despite the optics of trading Watson to his former team.

it's the equivalent of thinking "18 women said he was fine, so he must be innocent!"

one regular on a board i used to frequent always equated want ads with the economy

it's the equivalent of thinking "18 women said he was fine, so he must be innocent!"

one regular on a board i used to frequent always equated want ads with the economy
Gotcha. Hell there are about 324,000,000 that haven’t accused him. He must be REALLY innocent :)

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back