PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

The declarations of the 18 masseuse are telling. They all give the same story as the accusers, DW contacted them, sometimes via IG, wanted massage of groin area, liked to use a towel, etc. This confirms this version of the accusers story. Where the stories diverge is in his behavior. Some of the 18 even admit to accidentally touching his penis during the massage and state "this happens" but it was handled professionally. They talk about training, how a masseuse can stop a massage at any time if they feel uncomfortable, and finally that they can report to their regulating dept. any unwanton incidents or behavior.

This now paints a picture where it's "conceivable" the accusing masseuses were either untrained, over reacting to common occurrences in that industry, or exaggerating for compensation. This is very well done because it challenges the versions of the accusers without having to deny the only "provable" aspects of the stories.

I don't see this as an attempt to settle but rather a shot across the bow to the accusers: you better have more evidence than storytelling because we can match you 1-to-1 in that dept. I suspect that if this goes to trial, Hardin will destroy each accuser on the stand. This may also be an attempt to address any NFL investigation w/ counter witnesses, to muddy the water so to speak.

I'm only interested in the defense strategy on this, because I don't think we'll ever know the real truth of guilt or innocence, but more likely something in between.

I smell a cash settlement incoming.
I don't. It'd be one thing if it was just one or two women, but 21 is something that you either have to fight or die, metaphorically speaking.

That didn't work well for AB.
AB loaded a drum mag into a Tommy gun, pointed it at his own feet and legs, and opened fire until the mag was empty.

For the 600,001st time, AB didn't get in trouble for being accused, he got in trouble for harrassing and doxxing the woman that accused him. Just like any idiot would if they tried that tactic. If he'd kept his jaw wired shut and let his lawyers handle it, the way Watson is, he would have had a far better chance of beating the accusation

AB loaded a drum mag into a Tommy gun, pointed it at his own feet and legs, and opened fire until the mag was empty.

For the 600,001st time, AB didn't get in trouble for being accused, he got in trouble for harrassing and doxxing the woman that accused him. Just like any idiot would if they tried that tactic. If he'd kept his jaw wired shut and let his lawyers handle it, the way Watson is, he would have had a far better chance of beating the accusation
That was second woman, the painter, who accused him the week after his first accuser, the scam artist, who made her accusations known after AB failed to make a settlement with her before their arranged due date.

Had AB settled with the first woman, it's highly unlikely the painter ever makes her situation known publicly.

Yes AB was an idiot that made things a 1000x times worse with the second accuser, but settling with the first would have solved all his problems.

That was second woman, the painter, who accused him the week after his first accuser, the scam artist, who made her accusations known after AB failed to make a settlement with her before their arranged due date.

Had AB settled with the first woman, it's highly unlikely the painter ever makes her situation known publicly.

Yes AB was an idiot that made things a 1000x times worse with the second accuser, but settling with the first would have solved all his problems.
I'm not so sure, it sounded like the painter had a legitimate complaint, unlike the scam artist.

And again, AB didn't get in trouble for the first one, or at least nothing the league doesn't see for a handful of its athletes in any given year. the second one is the only one that actually matters in terms of hurting his career.

I'm not so sure, it sounded like the painter had a legitimate complaint, unlike the scam artist.

And again, AB didn't get in trouble for the first one, or at least nothing the league doesn't see for a handful of its athletes in any given year. the second one is the only one that actually matters in terms of hurting his career.
I absolutely agree with everything, I just don't think the painter would have came out, since she only came out with her complaint the following week to help add credence to the first accusers story.

All she really did was just say AB walked up to her with only a hand towel on, then didn't pay her everything she was owed. At least that's all my memory recalls.

AB was just an idiot. So stupid sending a picture of her with her kids. Even if it wasn't meant to be threatening her kids, you just never bring people's kids into an argument for any reason.

It was low and he deserved to be cut for that. Losing a year and half of football plus $$ was earned for that dumb move.

Didn't the original accuser want $2M?

Didn't the original accuser want $2M?
2m compared to the 10s of millions of dollars he has lost over it seems pretty cheap.

Although I think she was crazy and wanted 10mil or more.

Had he not gotten in that thing with the other girl, you almost could have respected losing money and face over the principle of not wanting to pay an extortionist.

************! when this is all over, something tells me he's gonna another therapist.

Let he who hasn’t recently hired 40+ different massage therapists, to take care of his groin area, cast the first stone.

Tony Buzbee announces that two more lawsuits are being filed tomorrow against Deshaun Watson. The plaintiffs in these latest lawsuits are masseuses Jane Mingbi and Lulu Doe.

Tony Buzbee announces that two more lawsuits are being filed tomorrow against Deshaun Watson. The plaintiffs in these latest lawsuits are masseuses Jane Mingbi and Lulu Doe.
There is no way he plays this season. How many Bobby specials is he getting a week?

AB was just an idiot. So stupid sending a picture of her with her kids. Even if it wasn't meant to be threatening her kids, you just never bring people's kids into an argument for any reason.
Yes he's an idiot, but that picture was from her Instagram account which was either public or she allowed him to follow so he could see it. People mistakenly think he had taken a picture of her and her kids. The intent of the picture was clearly to show his friends that she was a broke single Mom. Media spun it another way and it worked.

Even if Watson did not do anything improper with these boatloads of female masseuses, seems like at a minimum horrible judgment and immaturity. Why the hell could he not hire a single or two masseuses to take care of him?
The ridiculous numbers of masseuses he hired is pretty telling. Just stupid and immature. Is it more likely than not that his behavior at least in some cases crossed a line...probbaly yes based on the numbers of masseuses involved..

Interesting..does Lulu have a little Doe??? yeah...two bucks...(audience throws rotten fruit at the stage...)

so now he’s dropping some names lulu Doe? Hey buzzbee let’s see some evidence or file criminal charges.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back