Desean Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ras-IR Dowling

2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Should be available this offseason. I’m not saying he would be the new focal point of the offense in 2019 but he can still stretch the field. Averaging around 18 ypc. Could be a cheap option at wr too on a short term deal.

Jackson's contract with the Bucs runs thru the end of 2019. His salary would be $10m (non-guaranteed). He signed the contract with them in 2017 for 3 yrs, $33.5M, $20M guaranteed.

Even though he turns 33 next season, it's hard for me to imagine that he'd sign with the Pats for anything like a "cheap" deal ($5M or less).

There’s a better option @ Tampa.

Adam Humphries - young, small, white, plays slot and returns punts. Sounds like our client.
Played at Dorman HS in Spartanburg- next door town to me. Teammate with Charon Peake in HS and college - everyone thought Peake was the stud - nope

Adam Humphries - young, small, white, plays slot and returns punts. Sounds like our client.

Stats-wise, he looks perfect. He played under 2nd-round tender this season ($2.9M), which may indicate that he and the Bucs couldn't come to terms last April.

It seems likely that some team is going to make him a relatively wealthy little elf this coming spring. It seems unlikely to me that the team will be the Pats.

Um, we already have one of those guys: Berrios.

Humphries has played in 59 actual NFL games over the past four seasons. Over the last three:
... 187/265 (70.6%) .. 2203 yds (11.8 ypc) .. 8 TDs

Not an outstanding punt return average (8.5 yds), but he does have experience (49 attempts over the past three seasons).

Pass on the aging deep threat.

Humphries has played in 59 actual NFL games over the past four seasons. Over the last three:

Not an outstanding punt return average (8.5 yds), but he does have experience (49 attempts over the past three seasons).

Humphries doesn't get me excited but he's shown so much more than Berrios it's not even a fair comparison.

Yes, he's better. But as you pointed out, he's probably going to cost a pretty penny, something I'm not convinced the Pats want to spend when they may have a slightly lesser version for practically nothing already in the organization.

Honestly the Pats could use ANY WR talent. Though Jackson isn't anything but a role player type now, which they have too many of as it is. With Gordon washing out and Gronk and maybe Edelman aging out they need someone both young AND actually talented.

Hes a part time player now. Doesn't play STs anymore. Worth a look but the team really needs some youth in that position. Badly.

Signing Jackson should have no impact on getting younger at this position either in the draft or FA. I’m looking at Jackson as perhaps a hogan/dorsett replacement. Of the 3 currently on the roster (hogan dorsett and Patterson) Patterson is the one we should resign.

The Pats currently have 12 draft picks and Berrios shelved from last year. There is always a ton of talent, its just a crap shoot as to who to pick. What they should do is find out whoever makes the Steelers WR choices, because that guy is always spot on!

I’ve been pumping the humphries train for a while. Why not both? You can line jackson up outside, humphries in the slot and focus on a bigger outside target through the draft.

Signing Jackson should have no impact on getting younger at this position either in the draft or FA. I’m looking at Jackson as perhaps a hogan/dorsett replacement. Of the 3 currently on the roster (hogan dorsett and Patterson) Patterson is the one we should resign.
I agree with this. Cord has over 1000yds of total offense and 5 TDs. As a WR4/5, RB3 and KR thats pretty good production.

Need more playmakers at WR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST