PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson Released by Eagles [update]: Signed by Washington

Not quite sure why you would do that, but ok.

Not quite sure why you would do that, but ok.

It's a play on the old cliche, "If X happens, I'll eat my hat," but modernized for a web forum and... you know what, nevermind :p

Point is, no way in hell Jackson is coming to New England.

It's a play on the old cliche, "If X happens, I'll eat my hat," but modernized for a web forum and... you know what, nevermind :p

Point is, no way in hell Jackson is coming to New England.

I am just guessing, but in no way would I be surprised by this. BB wants another WR. Drafting them is such a crap shoot. I bet a two year deal that makes it easy to cut him after the first year.

Desean takes it because it gives him the prove me, I am not a bad dude year, plus he will have amazingly huge numbers playing with Brady, along with a good shot at a superbowl.

Desean gives the Pats a deep threat that opens up everything. Anyone that says Brady can't throw the deep pass has a very very short memory. Before Moss, the knock on Brady was he couldn't throw the deep pass. Got Moss, and suddenly, wow he can throw the deep pass, Moss leaves, on Brady can't throw the deep pass any more........ Maybe the receiver has something to do with it.

Of course I won't be surprised or disappointed if he doesn't come, but we shall see.

If I was Jackson's agent, I might take a one year contract from the Pats, to clean up his image and have him put up some numbers with Brady.

HOWEVER, I don't think Kraft is going to let the Pats sign him and I can't blame him. The last thing the Pats need is to have another "incident" like the Hernandez situation.

For those interested:

I am always weary of these types of reports. Most of the time, it is the agent throwing out BS to get teams who are interested to come up to the player's demands.

I am always weary of these types of reports. Most of the time, it is the agent throwing out BS to get teams who are interested to come up to the player's demands.

Also when's the last time Ed Werder broke something that came to fruition that wasn't Cowboys related?

Honestly, the reason Moss was so great with Brady was Moss's ability to break on the ball - those last-second adjustments.

Jackson can do that, too, clearly (you don't get his stats if you can't), but I think Sydney Rice is actually better at those adjustments than Jackson. Rice would be a better fit - if they're going to lay out big dough, go get Sydney.

If I was Jackson's agent, I might take a one year contract from the Pats, to clean up his image and have him put up some numbers with Brady.

HOWEVER, I don't think Kraft is going to let the Pats sign him and I can't blame him. The last thing the Pats need is to have another "incident" like the Hernandez situation.

Why would he sign a one year deal when he is asking( per profootballtalk) for 9-10 mill per, and there will be a team out there that gives it to him for multiple years? In addition he has the numbers already he doesn't need a season with Brady.

Putting aside what we think the pats and Kraft will do. The chances of him signing here are non-existent from a financial perspective, in my opinion. UNLESS he wants to win a ring BAD and I doubt he is at that point or no team gives him that amount which i find unlikely with teams who still got tons of cap space aka Oakland among others.

By now all the specific reasons that caused the Eagles to release their best WR, are known to the rest of the league. I suspect that most of them have nothing to do with the so called gang affiliations, and everything to do with his attitude and reliability. No team wants to pay a guy $10MM/yr that you can't rely on.

That's why even if its reported that he signed a deal that "averages $10MM/yr", I'd be shocked is that after the dust settled, we'll find out that he gets very little up front (like $2MM) and the rest has to be earned. I'm also sure that the contract will have more than few outs and morals clauses in the team's favor.

He will get 10 M a year..but sure as hell not from the pats...fine with it

He is going to be sitting around for a WHILE before he gets a deal..unless redskins or jets throw a ton of $$ at him

Remember....jets get him and they are contenders in the AFC East LOLOLOL

If true then that mega Jackson thread at JI is gonna be red with the blood of a thousand broken hearts

If true then that mega Jackson thread at JI is gonna be red with the blood of a thousand broken hearts
I think you mean a thousand broken spleens. They're pretty heartless over there.

an honest mistake...almost 100% of homo sapiens make that mistake when dealing with Troglojets...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back