PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson Released by Eagles [update]: Signed by Washington

People, can we please drop the Bob Kraft analogy? When discussing criminal activity, an "associate" is generally (usually) meant the be an associate in crime.

If the guy in the next office over from me robs a bank, the police will not consider me a "known associate" even though I work closely with him every single business day. But if he and I rob a bank together, then we will be considered "known associates."

I honestly don't know what Jackson's associations are with gang members. I've read a lot of rumors, a lot of denials, and honestly do not know what to believe.

Bob Kraft's alias is Kraftmatic. There are reports of smuggling drugs in most of his food products.

Bob Kraft's alias is Kraftmatic. There are reports of smuggling drugs in most of his food products.

Wrong Kraft.. though I imagine we've all make that mistake at least once.. ;)

Am I missing something?? :confused:

This clown Got Paid BIG TIME 2 short Years ago and yet started screeching about a raise ~ a raise!! ~ 2 MONTHS ago...with 3 Years left on'is already idiotically bloated Contract!!! :eek:

He's a Sphincter...the anal kind.

Flankers Move The Chains...but rarely get it done in The Red Zone.

I wouldn't give Jackson the Vet Minimum.

Enough with the Smurfs.

People, can we please drop the Bob Kraft analogy? When discussing criminal activity, an "associate" is generally (usually) meant the be an associate in crime.

If the guy in the next office over from me robs a bank, the police will not consider me a "known associate" even though I work closely with him every single business day. But if he and I rob a bank together, then we will be considered "known associates."

I honestly don't know what Jackson's associations are with gang members. I've read a lot of rumors, a lot of denials, and honestly do not know what to believe.

That's exactly the point, though. By the sensible definition of associate, the one that you just outlined, the guy who was charged (and acquitted) is not an associate of DJ.

I think something is up with this guy.

The fact the Eagles let a guy like him go, and the fact that nobody has jumped right in and signed this guy right away tells me there's more to him than meets the eye.

After we got burned by Hernandez... it's understandable why teams might be shying away.

What do you mean by "nobody has jumped right in and signed this guy right away"? He was fielding calls fro ma quarter of the teams in the league with in an hour or two of being released. He's currently negotiating with at least one team, probably more. How much faster do you think they can move on these things? Contracts take time.

These things don't always take time, ala Revis was a FA for 12 hours or so..

DJax got caught with some weed a few years back, maybe the league is ready to suspend him for that?

He may be smuggling drugs, but Bob Kraft and Kraft foods are not related. Kraft made his money in paper products.

What do you mean by "nobody has jumped right in and signed this guy right away"? He was fielding calls fro ma quarter of the teams in the league with in an hour or two of being released. He's currently negotiating with at least one team, probably more. How much faster do you think they can move on these things? Contracts take time.

Well, we shall see. I expected teams to jump all over this guy and I think it's interesting that there is no tangible evidence that has been the case so far... I take these reports with a grain of salt... they could easily be his camp talking...

He may be smuggling drugs, but Bob Kraft and Kraft foods are not related. Kraft made his money in paper products.

I already was informed of that:D

DJax got caught with some weed a few years back, maybe the league is ready to suspend him for that?

That's an interesting thought, although I can't agree with you.

Why would they have waited a few years to punish him?

I think there are a handful of teams in the mix for Jackson, and we'll likely know something in the next week or so.

Well, we shall see. I expected teams to jump all over this guy and I think it's interesting that there is no tangible evidence that has been the case so far... I take these reports with a grain of salt... they could easily be his camp talking...

No tangible evidence?

Reporters from multiple reporters and various reporters

A meeting set up for Monday when he was only cut on Friday

Until he is actually at the Redskins' offices, there's nothing more you were going to get without him just rushing to sign a deal and, despite the exception of Revis, that's not usually how this works.

Actually, it took several days for him to be formally signed. He wasn't officially signed to the Pats until March 17th, and it only got done that quickly because he was determined that he wanted to be in New England. If he was holding out for maximum money, it would likely have taken longer.

Actually, it took several days for him to be formally signed. He wasn't officially signed to the Pats until March 17th, and it only got done that quickly because he was determined that he wanted to be in New England. If he was holding out for maximum money, it would likely have taken longer.

Funny, I went on Jets Insider and they said that Revis signed with the Pats because no other team was willing to pay him what the Pats offered and the Pats overpaid. Those guys over there are usually right on the money. So the Pats really got screwed there.

I'm removing you from this thread because this is a statement that isn't true since he is not affiliated with food products, and it's just a ridiculous accusation.

Funny, I went on Jets Insider and they said that Revis signed with the Pats because no other team was willing to pay him what the Pats offered and the Pats overpaid. Those guys over there are usually right on the money. So the Pats really got screwed there.

Someone on the Jets Insider board said this? I am shocked, just shocked, I tell you.

Sign him before the Jets do!!!!

For those interested:

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 1m
DEVELOPING: 2 teams not publicly identified as having interest are in deep negotiations with WR DeSean Jackson. (via @EdWerderESPN)

I hope the Pats have no interest in MeSean.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back