PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Shaughnessy making no friends in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend, is about the time Shaunessy writes that same article over & over.

You know comparing the 2 cities.

Atlanta had Hank Arron, Boston has David Ortiz

Atlanta has the peach & we have the Apple

Atlanta has the Waffle House & we have the IHOP...

Every Super Bowl, we go through this crap....I wouldn't put a Shaunessy article under a bird cage.

Last edited:
I was on reddit today and someone posted a picture of some Jeremy Clarkson doll. I think there is also a slight resemblance to Shank as well.

pwiho7i12pby.jpg

That thing is positively ghastly!

I think Shanks looks worse.

The good people of Atlanta need to understand that Shaughnessy is just a warm-up act for Felger, Borges and Tanguay.

Sometimes I think that was why Deflategate happened in the first place. Roger Goodell had to prove to somebody that he could be the biggest douchebag ever. He might be there, but I still have him behind Tanguay on my GOAT Douche-list.

Honestly, it's more of a radio problem right now than a writer problem. Go through each publication and it's better now than it's been, with the Globe being the odd exception just because everyone seems to have bailed in recent years.

Think about it. In terms of day-to-day people you've got Jeff Howe and Karen Guregian, along with Steve Buckley at the Herald, Mark Daniels at the Projo, Ben Volin at the Globe (I don't even know their writers after that...), Mike Reiss at ESPN, Michael Hurley at CBS Boston, Ryan Hannable, Chris Price and Mike Petraglia at WEEI, and Tom Curran and Phil Perry at CSNNE, and Doug Kyed at NESN, as well as Nick O'Malley at MassLive just to name a few (and I know there are obviously more I'm forgetting to list here but these are just the ones off the top of my head). Honestly, the print/web guys don't have as many dislikeable characters anymore. But there are definitely fewer "must-read" guys. A few of those names qualify, but the landscape has certainly changed.

I agree that there are a lot of very good writers. It is really too bad that with the exception of Reiss (due to who he works for) and to a lesser degree Curran (PFT/NBC Sports Channel), none of them get any notice whatsoever outside of New England.

Instead of Christopher Price or some of the others above getting interviews it is Bob Ryan, Dan Shaughnessy, Ron Borges, Michael Felger, etc. Uggh. What a grotesque twisted misrepresentation of the region! I don't believe any of them even have media passes to Patriots' games! Sadly fans and media of other teams think the contrarians speak for all Patriot and New England sports fans. It would be really nice if Price, Howe, Matt Chatham, etc. could offset their drivel.

CHB has accomplished his goal, this "Red Sox Hack" comments on Atlanta and gets a lot of attention, that is what this egomaniac wants...

When Shaughnessy comes on Bertram and Zolak, I change the station..

Does this thread fuel his ego???

The day CHB makes a friend it will be a first.

This weekend, is about the time Shaunessy writes that same article over & over.

You know comparing the 2 cities.

Atlanta had Hank Arron, Boston has David Ortiz

Atlanta has the peach & we have the Apple

Atlanta has the Waffle House & we have the IHOP...

Every Super Bowl, we go through this crap....I wouldn't put a Shaunessy article under a bird cage.

Very good. He probably has a trained robot who can do that now.

Realized that right after I posted it. Sorry, I tried to put that game out of my memory, although I was really young when that happened :)
1997 was in fact the third, if you acknowledge the unmatched robbery of 1976 which stole our appearance and victory in Super Bowl XI.

Further, the Super Bowl XX appearance remains superior to all others in that the team was dressed as the New England Patriots with our real logo and uniforms, instead of Orthwein/NFL/Kraft's...Memphis Elvises?...Boston Constipateds?...Bay State Impotents?...New England Revolution? (oops already taken)...

Every subsequent Super Bowl introduction involving us has begun "And now, the NFC Champion real NFL Team versus the...the, uh...um...Hey, when did they start letting Arena league teams into the Super Bowl?!
100px-New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png
th
th
th

th
th
th
th
th
th

th
th
th

Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe
I am posting the following on the Falcons' fan site as well:

Hi, I'm a lifelong Patriots fan here to set the record straight. First, Congratulations on making it all the way here to the Super Bowl! It's a tremendous accomplishment that is hard to do and several franchises have yet to make it. Dan Shaughnessy is a loose cannon imbecile who has been writing garbage for over thirty years and does NOT speak for anyone in Boston or anywhere else, for that matter. Michael Felger is another in the worthless Boston sports media who is taken seriously nationally but has no credibility, either.

Atlanta has some of the nicest people in the world; I went to college in North Georgia and lived in Atlanta for a while too. I love my late aunt, but she was from Thomasville, one generation removed from slavery, and racism-wise represented the worst of America. I did get to meet William Andrews, also of Thomasville, and he represents the best. Atlanta is no more a victim of racism and anti-immigrant abuse than any other city. As for the Falcons, they've been around since '66 and have had some great players and teams-more than a lot, including the Ain'ts. Over the years, I kind of considered the Falcons to be the Patriots' NFC brethren; in fact, y'all may not know that the Denver Broncos violated the famous, endlessly blabbed-about salary cap in both the '97-'98 seasons, and Tagliabue slapped them on the wrist and nobody ever heard a thing about it. That's right, they really did cheat, including against your team, so the Falcons are proof that the Patriots aren't the only victims of the NFL's corrupt bias. I loved that '98 team, by the way, along with the '80 team.

So that troll Felger is going on and on endlessly the other day, about how the Falcons presence in the Super Bowl instead of the Cowboys or Packers was so terrible, and it sounded familiar. Know why? Because that's EXACTLY what was said about the Pats in January '86, and it was total bullsh*t then, too. Atlanta's fans obviously do not deserve all the crap being dumped upon them here. I miss the Flames being there, and as for the Braves, they went back to and kept their real, cool, classy traditional logo and uniforms, which is one whole HELLuva lot more than I can say about the Pats since '94, who still have that ugly, disgusting, insulting impostor flying elvis embarrassing us.

Finally, for all the hoopla about rallying together after the Boston Marathon, we should have empathy, support and love for your city, as you went through the agony of a bombing at your triumphant international athletic event, along with a traumatic, deadly aftermath, in '96 and '97. There's a lot to hate about other teams (mostly from New York) but not Atlanta. The only real thing there is to dislike is Mr. Blank's going along with the other owners in buying the Patriots' witch hunt nonsense. Yes, it's true, despite what you've heard the last ten years, the Patriots never cheated. But, it's okay to still hate them, like we did the Cowboys growing up! BTW, I went shopping this morning - at the Home Depot. All is well.
God bless you all, good luck in Houston (have fun but don't forget the game's a week from Sunday) Love ya
th
th
th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back