PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Shaughnessy making no friends in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's okay, Ian. It is a natural reaction to mask the horror of being on the receiving end of a record-setting beatdown (a record the Broncos thankfully took away a few years later). Plus, the uniforms were different, so the first one didn't really count.
I was in 5th grade and I remember my stepfather being irritated and disappointed, especially after the trash talk from the Bears leading up to it. That was not a good night...definitely a tough loss.

Last edited:
I have never seen a face that I wanted to just unload rights and lefts into more than his. He may be the ugliest person I've ever seen. I have to wonder if he's ever been able to get a woman that he didn't have to pay for. If I knew that I wasn't going to catch a charge for doing it, I would have zero problem beating the absolute **** out of him just purely based on how ugly and offensive his face and general appearance is.

How can possibly the current Gr8est city of champions have possibly the worst sports media in the country?

I guess it's better than having the best sports media but the worst franchises.

I was in 5th grade and I remember my stepfather being irritated and disappointed, especially after the trash talk from the Bears leading up to it. That was not a good night...definitely a tough loss.

I was a sophomore in high school, but that doesn't help my memory retention.

I recall picking up Priazzos from Pizza Hut for the family dinner, then the kickoff, a turnover and a field goal putting the Pats in the lead. After that, it all goes dark.:)

That was a tough game. Pats came out of nowhere and suddenly started beating everyone. Then they squished the fish and we were experiencing a miracle season.

And then it ended........badly

He recycles the same column but changes the city depending on who the Patriots or Red Sox are playing. If it wasn't Atlanta, he would've written the same thing about another NFC city like Charlotte or Phoenix or New Orleans.

But as far as ATL fans...my uncle lives in Gwinnett County, GA, a suburb of Atlanta. It's hard to stay enthused when you haven't made a SB in 20 years. The Braves are king in GA and most of the South. But don't overlook the excitement of Falcon fans just because the media does. They are pumped. And they should be.

I texted the Atlanta sports talk radio station yesterday as soon as I read Shank's piece, which, not surprisingly, is from the same template he used a few years ago in his similar column designed to piss off Houston. I conveyed the fact that this is Shank's shtick, he hates the Pats, the coach, owner and fans, he's just trying to get a rise/reaction, don't fall for it, etc. They bit anyway. Better for business, I guess.

I have never seen a face that I wanted to just unload rights and lefts into more than his. He may be the ugliest person I've ever seen. I have to wonder if he's ever been able to get a woman that he didn't have to pay for. If I knew that I wasn't going to catch a charge for doing it, I would have zero problem beating the absolute **** out of him just purely based on how ugly and offensive his face and general appearance is.

Note to Self: Cancel any plans to meet Kontra in person just in case

Listening to 92.9 out of Atlanta on my way into work this morning and apparently they're not happy about the article he wrote regarding the Falcons and the City. He came on for an interview and they tried to rip him apart and he completely backtracked. He said that he's, "been waiting for somebody to come along and stun this team and prove that their defense isn't that good". He said, "it wouldn't break my heart."

They are calling him a lazy hack and apparently posted a response on their website. I'm not somewhere where I can grab a link right now, but it's funny, they're really angry about this.

Of course, if the Patriots lose, Shank will simply say, the Pats have been overrated all year long, beating up on tomato cans, but look what happened when they played a real team.

But if the Patriots win, Shank will simply say, oh geez, look, Atlanta was overrated and turned out to be just another tomato can.

He's a one-note singer of the worst kind.

Of course, if the Patriots lose, Shank will simply say, the Pats have been overrated all year long, beating up on tomato cans, but look what happened when they played a real team.

Either that, or he'll just blame the curse of the Bambino. Depends which ancient column template he pulls out of Word Perfect.

Let me say this as slowly and clearly as possible because I have posted this for years and some (for whatever reaon) STILL cannot see the reality.

Shank is a TROLL who hates the Patriots and the Patriot fans. And he works for a corporation that has deep business reasons for undercutting Bob Kraft.

For the past several years he has tried to diminish their accomplishments by calling their opponents "Tomato Cans" and claiming the Pats have no worthy competition, so they don't deserve all the attention....and oh, by the way the Boston Globe owned Red Sox have spring training opening in a few weeks!!!!!

It's all a business campaign by the Globe to diminish Bob Kraft's business interests because he is not "one of us" in Editor Joe Sullivan's old timey Globe Sports section's office.

There is a history and I could write a 10 page post (I can hear everyone saying "please don't, Shmess!") listing all the objective instances of this. And yes, it goes back to the late 1990's and the Southie rejection of the Brookline/Chestnut Hill guy. Don't forget Whitey Bulger's best buddy ran the football coverage of the Globe back then. Southie has since changed but the old timers at the Globe who remain haven't. In the 70's and 80's it was the Herald and the Phoenix who had the courage to come out against the ravages of Whitey Burger. The Globe covered up until His besty Will died and Whitey went on the run.

Atlanta, understand who this troll is. He does it to the Patriots and to all of us 3 times a week, so you're in good company.

People should stop taking everything at face value and look at the root causes of things.

Last edited:
Note to Self: Cancel any plans to meet Kontra in person just in case
ShaughnessyD.jpg

screen-shot-2016-04-06-at-12-37-50-pm.png

b4d0b319d04a47808c9105e0bf7a2665-b4d0b319d04a47808c9105e0bf7a2665-0-9658.jpg

Are you going to tell me that you wouldn't absolutely love the opportunity to cave that face in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST