2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Next 6 years preference

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people on here and in this thread have expressed that they would rather be consistently competitive Without a Sb than be consistently bad but have a Sb season mixed in.

there’s about 30 other franchises that would probably trade their last 13 years for the Giants last 13 years.

there’s about 30 other franchises that would probably trade their last 13 years for the Giants last 13 years.
I agree. Some don’t. That was the point of asking.

That doesn't change anything. It's still assuming facts not in evidence. Is the SB guaranteed? Who says they would have 8-10 wins indefinitely?

I was referring to the original poll.

yes the original poll is dichotomous. But I wouldn’t exactly call it a false dichotomy because the OP knows there’s other alternatives.

I understand why some people think it’s a useless question, but I also understand why OP asked.

Nobody knows for a fact.

Nobody knows if Brady can win without BB either.

Brady has never had the chance to win a SB without Belichick the HC.

Belichick the HC has had multiple chances to win a SB without Brady and hasn't.

Pay the man.

Brady has never had the chance to win a SB without Belichick the HC.

Belichick the HC has had multiple chances to win a SB without Brady and hasn't.

Pay the man.
BB is a disciple of Parcells.

Parcells has won 2 super bowls with 2 different QBs. Other teams are winning Super Bowls with Nick Foles and Russell Wilson. Harbaugh is in pretty good shape with Lamar Jackson after winning a championship with Joe Flacco. If the Ravens go the distance they will have won 3 super bowls with 3 different QBs.

The likelihood of a new QB winning his first super bowl is very high this season.

Brady has his limitations. He has never been a good deep ball passer. Brady is still good enough to win another super bowl but youre going to have to put players around him that Pats dont have.

Parcells has won 2 super bowls with 2 different QBs. Other teams are winning Super Bowls with Nick Foles and Russell Wilson. Harbaugh is in pretty good shape with Lamar Jackson after winning a championship with Joe Flacco. If the Ravens go the distance they will have won 3 super bowls with 3 different QBs.

The likelihood of a new QB winning his first super bowl is very high this season.

Brady has his limitations. He has never been a good deep ball passer. Brady is still good enough to win another super bowl but youre going to have to put players around him that Pats dont have.

o_O

The last three years the Patriots have had the #1, #7 and then #2 receiver in yards per catch.

ypc_2016.png

ypc_2017.png
ypc_2018.png

2018 NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats
2017 NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats
2016 NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

Brady has been average particularly in the deep middle.
2016 (if PR of 142.4 is average I must be watching a different league). Deep left is where he struggles:
spray_2016.png
2017 is a little closer to average in the middle, way above to the right and way below to the left:
spray2017.png
2018 is where you see a real dropoff. Not sure how that means he "never" could do it. He never could do it to the left very well, but he was still way above average to the deep right:
spray2018.png

Ironically he made three money throws to the deep left in the playoffs last year. TD to Dorsett against SD, TD to Dorsett against KC and the throw to Gronk to set up the only TD in SB 53.

2019 is pretty interesting. Better on deep throws to the left and the middle. Rating was only worse in half of these zones. o_O:confused:

spray2019.png

The Pats will have to get those players then, with or without Brady.

2016 (if PR of 142.4 is average I must be watching a different league). Deep left is where he struggles:
View attachment 25819
2017 is a little closer to average in the middle, way above to the right and way below to the left:
View attachment 25820
2018 is where you see a real dropoff. Not sure how that means he "never" could do it. He never could do it to the left very well, but he was still way above average to the deep right:
View attachment 25821

Ironically he made three money throws to the deep left in the playoffs last year. TD to Dorsett against SD, TD to Dorsett against KC and the throw to Gronk to set up the only TD in SB 53.

Tom Brady | Football Outsiders 6% of Bradys throws were bombs in 2018 per Football Outsiders. The majority of his throws have always been near the LOS. Quick hitters.

Tom Brady | Football Outsiders 6% of Bradys throws were bombs in 2018 per Football Outsiders. The majority of his throws have always been near the LOS. Quick hitters.

fe8177efe4dcf431ade9c65352601ccb--science-memes-double-standards.jpg

Whoopsie.

Mahomes 2018:

mahomes_2018.png

If they re-sign him, my understanding is the $13.5M gets rolled into whatever new deal there is (which would be spread out like you said). This is a question since I'm not clear how the $13.5 M gets handled if he re-signs.
If they re-sign him after his contract expires on the afternoon of March 17 there will be a $13.5mil 2020 cap hit on top of whatever cap hit is caused by salary and guarantees in the new contract. This is because the expiration (well, voiding) of the contract accelerates the $6.75mil 2021 cap hit into 2020.

If they extend the contract before it expires, there will be $6.75mil cap hits in 2020 and 2021 on top of whatever cap hit is caused by salary and guarantees in the extension. Because an extension keeps the contract alive, the amortizations of the contract's original guarantees continue on their schedule (an extension cannot change the scheduled dead money hits from the original contract, so there is no way to change where/how the total of $13.5mil of remaining dead money from the original contract falls).

I feel good....I knew that I would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back