2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Next 6 years preference

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was more a matter of understanding people’s perspectives. There is no right or wrong answer it’s a preference.

For me, any time if you gave me the choice of 5 awful years plus a SB win vs 6 years of contention and never winning it, I’d take the SB. That colors my perspective. People who would prefer the alternative would probably have different opinions about how to approach this off season.
Obviously you can’t choose to shoot for either alternative so the question is about which results you would be happier with.

Of course there’s a right and wrong answer. That’s why your thread is equally as absurd as my parody thread, which the discerning members of this forum realized immediately.

5 people voted no SB over SB :confused:
I hate saying it but it just feels like a spoiled fan base. Can you imagine what Bills, Lions fans would do for a SB win?

Also who says winning 8-10 games is really being competitive? 10, yea, maybe but its still not a guarantee you're making the playoffs as we've seen first hand.
Winning 8-9 games is just hovering around mediocrity & that's not exactly being "competitive".

This fan base is in for a serious rude awakening coming very soon. We've been the most successful team in the history of the league. We've done in 20 years what it took Pitt/SF etc 4+ decades. And some here piss themselves if we're down a score or god forbid lose a game. Imagine a few 6-8 win seasons with no playoffs lol??

Of course there’s a right and wrong answer. That’s why your thread is equally as absurd as my parody thread, which the discerning members of this forum realized immediately.
What are you taking about?
People on this board have talked about preferring to be competitive every year over going for it all. People on this board are saying scrap it and give stidham a chance. Etc etc
My post wa literally a poll so people could answer which they prefer. Some answered they would forego the SB to avoid the bad years, most wanted Sb at all cost. Many chose to not answer.
There is no right or wrong because different people have different preferences. Seems like you are trying to imply something is there that isn’t to start an argument. Sad.

Brady has never had the chance to win a SB without Belichick the HC.

Belichick the HC has had multiple chances to win a SB without Brady and hasn't.

Pay the man.
Parcells never won a SB without Bill. Does that mean Parcells sucks?

I hate saying it but it just feels like a spoiled fan base. Can you imagine what Bills, Lions fans would do for a SB win?

Also who says winning 8-10 games is really being competitive? 10, yea, maybe but its still not a guarantee you're making the playoffs as we've seen first hand.
Winning 8-9 games is just hovering around mediocrity & that's not exactly being "competitive".

This fan base is in for a serious rude awakening coming very soon. We've been the most successful team in the history of the league. We've done in 20 years what it took Pitt/SF etc 4+ decades. And some here piss themselves if we're down a score or god forbid lose a game. Imagine a few 6-8 win seasons with no playoffs lol??
As one of the 6 people who gave “the wrong answer,” let me try and clarify my stance. I’m simply grateful for the opportunity to watch my football team compete at a high level every season, and I believe that something between 8-10 wins gives you a nice chance at making the postseason with a wild card berth.

If that means that we go 5 years without winning a SB, so be it; especially since we just went 10 years without winning a SB during the period of 2004-2014. To me, having a 5 year drought between winning Super Bowls shouldn’t be seen as that big of a deal. The opportunity to remain competitive (let’s call it “playoff competitive,” since we often see 9 and 10 win teams earn wild card spots) would outweigh having to sit through four straight seasons of terrible play at 4-12.

Now, had the poll suggested that we’d never win the Super Bowl again, that would be something totally different that wouldn’t make any sense on any level. Oddly enough, I had to go back and re-read the OP because some of you are acting as if it did. I actually viewed it the complete opposite in terms of being a “spoiled fan.” I viewed it as just being grateful that I could follow a team up until the last week or two of the season every year, knowing that it wouldn’t pay off with a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back