PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colin Cowherd has a theory on Belichick and the QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the fact that this goes 100% against everything Brady has stated publicly on the matter, do you *really* think they haven’t had discussions with Tom regarding his plans for the future?
True, but the Guerrero stuff adds an interesting, though speculative and rather unlikely wrinkle.

If the Guerrero reports are true, and if he keeps causing trouble, it's not crazy that after the season's over BB says "We're done with this. From now on Guerrero doesn't set foot in team space at all" and also lays down the law with players that if there's a conflict between Guerrero and the training staff the players must follow the training staff's directions.

It would then be interesting to see how Brady would react to his binky being completely banished from team space. He does seem to be pretty far in deep with the AG worship. Especially if NE wins SB52 and Brady therefore has even fewer fcuks to give could there be some catastrophic blowout over this? Admittedly unlikely. But I don't think it's zero, depending on exactly how far down the Guerrero rathole Brady is.

True, but the Guerrero stuff adds an interesting, though speculative and rather unlikely wrinkle.

If the Guerrero reports are true, and if he keeps causing trouble, it's not crazy that after the season's over BB says "We're done with this. From now on Guerrero doesn't set foot in team space at all" and also lays down the law with players that if there's a conflict between Guerrero and the training staff the players must follow the training staff's directions.

It would then be interesting to see how Brady would react to his binky being completely banished from team space. He does seem to be pretty far in deep with the AG worship. Especially if NE wins SB52 and Brady therefore has even fewer fcuks to give could there be some catastrophic blowout over this? Admittedly unlikely. But I don't think it's zero, depending on exactly how far down the Guerrero rathole Brady is.
I don’t understand how the jump is made from Guerrero being a trainer that Brady has a lot of confidence in to Brady telling the coach and team he has had all of this success with that his trainer is more important and screw the team.

IIRC The NEP and TB12 were talking contract extension after SB51. That went quiet.

The team is looking at a $22m hit next year and in 2019.

Has anyone heard anything.

If you don't want to click on the link, the theory is that Bill wanted to move Brady for Jimmy eventually and Kraft said no. Bill got pissed and traded both Jacoby and Jimmy for below value to destroy the Patriots future after he leaves.

It’s complete bullsh.t. If Belichick wanted to move on from Brady San Francisco had given him that opportunity, and according to Lynch Belichick literally scoffed at it when he raised the question. And Belichick is the last person who would deliberately damage the franchise because of a temper tantrum. It’s as simple as it looks, they wanted to keep Garrapolo but ran out of time. They wanted him out of the AFC so they revisited SF and got what Belichick wanted for him.

Agree pretty much except that I believe AFC Cleveland could have been in play with a blockbuster offer. I say none such made.
I bet BB feels better trading Jimmy to SF rather than Cleveland. Not that a Cleveland 1st wouldn't have assuaged that feeling just like when my granddaughter was upset that Mommy went away on a business trip, "Would a sugar jelly donut make you feel better?" The #1 pick worked.

Colin Cowherd looks like he has Down syndrome.

Agree pretty much except that I believe AFC Cleveland could have been in play with a blockbuster offer. I say none such made.
I bet BB feels better trading Jimmy to SF rather than Cleveland. Not that a Cleveland 1st wouldn't have assuaged that feeling just like when my granddaughter was upset that Mommy went away on a business trip, "Would a sugar jelly donut make you feel better?" The #1 pick worked.

I agree. I would really like to see them spend a 1st on a QB in this draft, that would give them a five year window to work with, so even if he decided to hang them up in a couple of seasons the successor would be locked up through 2023.

IIRC The NEP and TB12 were talking contract extension after SB51. That went quiet.

The team is looking at a $22m hit next year and in 2019.

Has anyone heard anything.
With this year's salary already basically as low as it can go, they were probably just getting an early start on his 2018 extension. The last two were agreed to in late February, so I think that's when we can expect something to happen.

OT but...why isn't "nart" a word? Seems there's plenty of room in the English lexicon for NART. Hmmmmm...perhaps a verb to nart or not to nart...THAT is the qweshun. Note that "qweshun" is already in the lexicon as a Marshall Faulkism.

I agree. I would really like to see them spend a 1st on a QB in this draft, that would give them a five year window to work with, so even if he decided to hang them up in a couple of seasons the successor would be locked up through 2023.

OK but since I have zero view of college football I don't know if a 1st is a waste or not. I agree with the intent.

OK but since I have zero view of college football I don't know if a 1st is a waste or not. I agree with the intent.

There are some good QB prospects in this draft. Other quality prospects along the OL, DL, and skill positions might actually fall due to teams likely pulling the trigger on QBs in the first round. Do some research on three in particular: Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield.

I know and THEY HATE THEIR COACH. As of BB and RK would be apart on this. I think too much of either to believe that could happen. The fact is that the team drafts QBs year in and year out. Any one of them could be the next guy. They say something in TB12 or JG that convinced them that JG was not going to be their next QB. Now they are moving on as they have so many times before.

Well there was some interesting follow up from TJ Houshmanzadeh today

How interesting.

Now I know what Colin Cowherd thinks.

I do not know any more about what Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, or Robert Kraft think, however.

This is as plausible as all sorts of other plausible statements. It is, however, utterly without validity in the real world.

Somehow I don't think there'll be a BB book coming out in 10 years saying "That Colin Cowherd really got inside my head that one time. Damn."

Or Brady is still elite in 2023 and wants to play till 50 :D

I’ve listened to the entire TJ interview regarding the Guerrero situation. What he says certainly sounds plausible. It’s also, interesting that Willie McGinest introduced Guerrero to Brady. Sounds like nothing more than a tug of war between the Training staff & Guererro because the players want Guerrero around (due to his therapy methods/results). BB doesn’t want it to create an issue.

Last edited:
OT but...why isn't "nart" a word? Seems there's plenty of room in the English lexicon for NART. Hmmmmm...perhaps a verb to nart or not to nart...THAT is the qweshun. Note that "qweshun" is already in the lexicon as a Marshall Faulkism.

Careful. This might be an actual word to MFA candidates as a po-mo slam of others' work. The opposite of art. Nart.

Are we forgetting the convo between Lynch the gm there and B.B. when he first called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents