PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colin Cowherd has a theory on Belichick and the QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this weird lingering Pro-Jimmy crowd we got here. Our own personal Alt-wrong group.

Belichick cares about legacy, has a mathematical shot at Shulas record and decides to **** over the players and coaches because he's pretty. OK.

Croatians, like most Slavs ~ sorry, Bulgarians!! ~ do tend to be good-looking. :cool:

But Belichick as "pretty"?? o_O

May've gone a Bridge Too Far, there, my friend. ;)

Oooooh....Petty....got it. :D

tenor.gif

This is the funniest thread I have read in a while. Thanks guys!

Guess all those reports about the Pats trying to sign Jimmy, but couldn't get it done (he wants to PLAY...the money won't be an issue) should be ignored.

Hey, I hate that they traded Jimmy - I think he could be a star, absolutely. You can't keep two QBs who both want the field and both cost you in the $20m range, and I hear that Brady kid is pretty good.

To tell the truth, I remain more perplexed by the Brissett trade (though they still would have had to bring in Hoyer) than the other one. Then again, while I like Brissett, I don't see "special" there.

I think the Brissett trade makes sense if you want it to. If you think Brisket is a slight tick below Jimmy then it's awful. If you think he is a career backup and occasional spot-starter then the comp they received is reasonable.

I've watched Brisket a lot this year and for basically a rookie I think hes had a good year for a pathetic team. What is that worth? a 4th? 5th? 3rd? Hard to say.

The fact that Dorsett hasn't done a damn thing does make the trade look "worse" but part of me wonders how talented and how much upside BB thought Jacoby had. If he thought not much, that explains the swap for a underperforming fmr 1st rd pick who is more or less worth a 5th rounder now.

Last edited:
Whenever someone says Belichick holds grudges against Cleveland, I immediately have a hard time taking them seriously as a knowledgeable reporter.

These Browns are not the same Browns that fired him. While the fans are (roughly) the same, I don't believe for a single second he bases decisions off of grudges against the general fandom.

People are acting like Belichick "gave" Garoppolo away. I think there were 2 major issues at work:

1) Other teams didn't value him as much as Belichick. If no one offers a 1st rounder, you can't do much about that

2) The guy had 1 year left on his contract if we are looking at before the season, and only 8 weeks left at the time of the trade. No one trades 1st rounders for 1 year rentals (without a deal in place).

Whenever someone says Belichick holds grudges against Cleveland, I immediately have a hard time taking them seriously as a knowledgeable reporter.

These Browns are not the same Browns that fired him. While the fans are (roughly) the same, I don't believe for a single second he bases decisions off of grudges against the general fandom.

Like i said earlier, its ridiculous.

I think Bill does have a problem with certain people in the NFL circle ( Tom Jackson, Polian, Mangini, Modells, Casserly, Kensil, Grigson, etc) but Sashi Brown? DePodesta (who he has a relationship with)....no, no and no. I think there were other reasons Jimmy wasn't traded to CLE and a grudge vs the fans was not one of them

Cowheard is creating good theater here. Nothing more.

Last edited:
If you don't want to click on the link, the theory is that Bill wanted to move Brady for Jimmy eventually and Kraft said no. Bill got pissed and traded both Jacoby and Jimmy for below value to destroy the Patriots future after he leaves.
I think the first sentence is highly likely to be true. The second sentence is ridiculous.

I would have stuck with Jimmy. I think Tom is the greatest ever and I think he could be a fantastic QB for MANY more years but he has a wife who publicly wants him to stop, he is growing his business with a guy he relies on who is at odds with the Patriots etc... What happens if at the end of the season Brady says I'm done? Cowherd writes about BB setting the Patriots in a bad spot for the future but what will people say and do if it is Brady who walks away without a heads up before hand leaving the Patriots with no backup plan?

ehhh somehow i don't see bill giving up the sweetest gig in sports.
if brady had been playing poorly things might be different, but brady has been just as good if not better then previous years.

What an incoherent mess.

The entire premise of BB holds grudges and didnt want to trade him to the Browns because he got fired there is so stupid. BB is a pragmatic person and the Browns are in the AFC. That is all there is to know about that situation.

Similarly do you know how much BB cares about legacy ?

The last 2 minutes from 41:20 tell you all you need to know about him..

That's who he is. At the biggest stages he deflects compliments to his players and coaches and during bitter losses he assumes responsibility and points to bad coaching.

Plus the Browns didn’t really fire him the team that fired him moved to Baltimore and the browns are an expansion franchise.

I would have stuck with Jimmy. I think Tom is the greatest ever and I think he could be a fantastic QB for MANY more years but he has a wife who publicly wants him to stop, he is growing his business with a guy he relies on who is at odds with the Patriots etc... What happens if at the end of the season Brady says I'm done? Cowherd writes about BB setting the Patriots in a bad spot for the future but what will people say and do if it is Brady who walks away without a heads up before hand leaving the Patriots with no backup plan?
But Brady isn’t walking away so making a decision based on a false assumption would be wrong.

Guess all those reports about the Pats trying to sign Jimmy, but couldn't get it done (he wants to PLAY...the money won't be an issue) should be ignored.

Hey, I hate that they traded Jimmy - I think he could be a star, absolutely. You can't keep two QBs who both want the field and both cost you in the $20m range, and I hear that Brady kid is pretty good.

To tell the truth, I remain more perplexed by the Brissett trade (though they still would have had to bring in Hoyer) than the other one. Then again, while I like Brissett, I don't see "special" there.
I think brisset was traded because brisset had no future here. His play in Indy kind of confirms it.

Watch 9ers games for fun. Saw the end of last week's W with JAG making an epic comeback. Patriots DNA on display.

Looking for JAG to beat the Jagwads Sunday & help us get #1 seed.

Definitely a hawt taek. Has Cowherd been tested for CTE? Although I have to admit I’m not sure how you would get CTE from secretly choking yourself with used jock straps in the locker room after the game.
Hey Kontra on your Hawt Taek alert please keep an eye out for the first person in the GDT to blame a poor game, drive, play whatever on Brady hating B.B. because he banned Guerrero.

He won't, I'm sure Brady was in the convo regarding JG, he said he wants to play until 45, besides we'll replace JG in the '18 draft, I've been eyeing Baker Mayfield as a potential heir to Brady

Hey Kontra on your Hawt Taek alert please keep an eye out for the first person in the GDT to blame a poor game, drive, play whatever on Brady hating B.B. because he banned Guerrero.

This is a first. I may actually miss missing the GDT should that occur.

My guesses would be DefenseRules or Pats1989 aka Cream Cheese.

I would have stuck with Jimmy. I think Tom is the greatest ever and I think he could be a fantastic QB for MANY more years but he has a wife who publicly wants him to stop, he is growing his business with a guy he relies on who is at odds with the Patriots etc... What happens if at the end of the season Brady says I'm done?
Ignoring the fact that this goes 100% against everything Brady has stated publicly on the matter, do you *really* think they haven’t had discussions with Tom regarding his plans for the future?

BTW, his “growing business” does better if he continues to play, not if he retires.

It's obvious there's tension between Brady and Belichick. If Bill doesn't win the Super Bowl, expect Guerrero to be the coach of the team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents