PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT Code of Conduct - A Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which posts are in question, so I can't comment on them and they might very well have been beyond the pale. But I don't know how much more people are supposed to scale disagreements back, because this place has already been neutered in comparison to what it once was. And that hasn't been an improvement, IMO.
Disagreements don't need to be scaled back, that's certainly not the issue. There are simply some recent responses from a few that are excessive and nasty, which I've noticed either prompts others to join in or those they're arguing with to fire back in kind. It makes it tough to then go after them when others have also chimed in.

Again, not trying to over moderate, but it can't be a free for all either. We had a pretty good environment for a while. We just need those in this category to help us out and be a little more self aware and reel it in.

Yea
latest
You know... I gotta say I'll pass on the idea of members of this forum doing the walk of shame... I think that's a lose-lose situation for all involved....

He's not talking about disagreements, he's talking about personal attacks.

I know what he's talking about. This is not the first time this has happened here, after all.

Disagreements don't need to be scaled back, that's certainly not the issue. There are simply some recent responses from a few that are excessive and nasty, which I've noticed either prompts others to join in or those they're arguing with to fire back in kind. It makes it tough to then go after them when others have also chimed in.

Again, not trying to over moderate, but it can't be a free for all either. We had a pretty good environment for a while. We just need those in this category to help us out and reel it in.

Again, I'm not saying that the specific posts you are referring to weren't, because I don't know which ones they are. I'm just talking about the general tenor of things. I think a lot of it looks worse than it is, because everything here has been so much more heavily modded than before. But this is something you and I talked about once before, and I don't want to sidetrack the thread. I probably should just have PM'd you with my first post rather than making it in the thread, so I'll just step out of the thread and put it on ignore, so as not to continue the distraction.

What if I tell someone they sound like a complete moron? Technically, I'm not calling them a complete moron. I'm just telling them that they sound like one. As a matter of fact, one can even argue that I'm making the inference that they usually sound smarter than that, which is sort of a compliment in a way.

What if I tell someone they sound like a complete moron? Technically, I'm not calling them a complete moron. I'm just telling them that they sound like one. As a matter of fact, one can even argue that I'm making the inference that they usually sound smarter than that, which is sort of a compliment in a way.
Oh yea I know a poster who does this all the time. I didn't call you stupid, I called your post stupid HuRrRrR

How about you take it down one notch and just say “you sound like Skip Bayless”.

I used argue endlessly here......then I concluded that most of those that I would mix it up with are total idiots, so I stopped wasting my time.....all it took was an ongoing copious amount of THC

weed-is-tight.gif

I used argue endlessly here......then I concluded that most of those that I would mix it up with are total idiots, so I stopped wasting my time.....all it took was an ongoing copious amount of THC

weed-is-tight.gif
Ohhhh. I always thought that your name was a football reference. Nowwwww I get it!

On the bright side, it's never gotten bad enough to sound like an average episode of Deadwood!

I would post a compilation video of the series' favorite word, but it's not family friendly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe