PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT Code of Conduct - A Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
i loved that show. i cant believe it only lasted 3 seasons.

Oh man....do I have good news for you.

7GXgzk32n8GO7BJfklYrmfk_DL062RYPxlPy1-b-eNg.jpg

I'll be honest, I did feel kind of bad about it. Deus has a billion posts on this forum which are all made to argue with people in bad faith aboit football or to justify arguing with people in bad faith, and his avatar is some sort of cartoon woman. He's clearly not in a good way.

But, man, he's just such a ****. (I also don't believe for a second he ignored this thread.)
Given the effort Ian puts into this page over such a long period, and the grace with which he handles this, and other difficult situations, your posts in this thread seem pretty disrespectful. Unless this is just sarcasm that is over my head, perhaps it is time to stop berating your kettle.

i loved that show. i cant believe it only lasted 3 seasons.
I'm pretty sure I read there was a Deadwood movie in the works with lots of the same actors. Not sure if that's still on or not.

Last edited:
Given the effort Ian puts into this page over such a long period, and the grace with which he handles this, and other difficult situations, your posts in this thread seem pretty disrespectful. Unless this is just sarcasm that is over my head, perhaps it is time to stop berating your kettle.

Did you go straight to the last page on this thread?

I mean that sincerely, I agree with you and I actually felt pretty bad about calling Deus out in the GDT last night until I saw his performative crap in this thread.

Last edited:

:D:p

Last edited:
I miss the Politics board
That's like missing an insane asylum. An anti-science idiot I crossed swords with there still owes me a big apology from a couple years ago -- an apology he promised if proven wrong yet never delivered. The ironic thing is he now shows up here occasionally and knows even less about football.

That's like missing an insane asylum. An anti-science idiot I crossed swords with there still owes me a big apology from a couple years ago -- an apology he promised if proven wrong yet never delivered. The ironic thing is he now shows up here occasionally and knows even less about football.

I can see why he deleted it since I tried with a free forum and it was a massive headache from all of the *****ing and complaining on a day to day basis, but it really needs to be brought back. Or Ian maybe needs to put a link on the main board that re-directs people to another political forum and just outright delete political posts on here (even if they have at least a little bit to do with the Patriots or the NFL). The amount of politically-driven threads in this place has increased substantially since doing away with the PoFo and I think that breeds contempt for and from posters to other posters that otherwise would have zero idea about one's political leanings.

EDIT: Oh and I guess I should chime in that I miss the old days as well. Since the moderation got a bit heavier a couple of years ago, we've lost some good posters that now post over on forums like PatriotsPlanet, etc. But it's not my board and while I'm participating here, I'll at least try to respect the owner's wishes.

I can see why he deleted it since I tried with a free forum and it was a massive headache from all of the *****ing and complaining on a day to day basis, but it really needs to be brought back. Or Ian maybe needs to put a link on the main board that re-directs people to another political forum and just outright delete political posts on here (even if they have at least a little bit to do with the Patriots or the NFL). The amount of politically-driven threads in this place has increased substantially since doing away with the PoFo and I think that breeds contempt for and from posters to other posters that otherwise would have zero idea about one's political leanings.

EDIT: Oh and I guess I should chime in that I miss the old days as well. Since the moderation got a bit heavier a couple of years ago, we've lost some good posters that now post over on forums like PatriotsPlanet, etc. But it's not my board and while I'm participating here, I'll at least try to respect the owner's wishes.

you could always start you board back up and then you will re-realize why Ian was 100000% correct in shutting in down, i do miss some of the information that i have read, and but dont miss the butt hurt when you disagreed with someone, luckily i didnt moderate and missed the constant whining.

you could always start you board back up and then you will re-realize why Ian was 100000% correct in shutting in down, i do miss some of the information that i have read, and but dont miss the butt hurt when you disagreed with someone, luckily i didnt moderate and missed the constant whining.
If I could go back and do it again, I would have made the whole thing No-Holds-Barred and then not moderated it at all (which was the original plan that we, for whatever reason, deviated from). But no, I'm good. I don't want to moderate a political forum again... I'm just asking someone else to do it. ;)

Ian's board, Ian's rules (which are pretty reasonable).

If you want a political board, then go join one or make your own.
If you want a football board where you can personally attack other posters and act like a jerk, then go join one (Jets Insider and some other teams' boards come to mind) or make your own.
If you consider this board too mild-mannered and moderated, then go join another one or make your own.

I can't believe I am reading complaints on here about how this FREE board, that others put no time, effort or $$ into maintaining, is not to their liking.

This board suits me just fine - thanks again Ian.

Ian's board, Ian's rules (which are pretty reasonable).

If you want a political board, then go join one or make your own.
If you want a football board where you can personally attack other posters and act like a jerk, then go join one (Jets Insider and some other teams' boards come to mind) or make your own.
If you consider this board too mild-mannered and moderated, then go join another one or make your own.

I can't believe I am reading complaints on here about how this FREE board, that others put no time, effort or $$ into maintaining, is not to their liking.

This board suits me just fine - thanks again Ian.
Well, if we’re being fair, most of us have donated money to the cause. If Ian needs more, all he has to do is ask and I’d gladly donate more. But that should give people the ability to reasonably voice their opinions on the place’s moderating.

Well, if we’re being fair, most of us have donated money to the cause. If Ian needs more, all he has to do is ask and I’d gladly donate more. But that should give people the ability to reasonably voice their opinions on the place’s moderating.
Perhaps in the new PoFo the contributors should have to contribute more than animus?

On the bright side, it's never gotten bad enough to sound like an average episode of Deadwood!

I would post a compilation video of the series' favorite word, but it's not family friendly. :)

It's funny that you would bring that up because I had a pretty good debate going with my sons about the language in that show. I just don't believe that those were the words being used during that time in our history.

It's funny that you would bring that up because I had a pretty good debate going with my sons about the language in that show. I just don't believe that those were the words being used during that time in our history.
They were but Milch took a tremendous amount of artistic license in their application.

Cussing and Fighting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes