PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs giving up a 2019 1st, 2020 2nd for Frank Clark...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still pumped we got MB for peanuts. Btw contracts like these might be the biggest reason for our success after Brady, Bill & I suppose you have to include the FO w this type of stuff

Still pumped we got MB for peanuts. Btw contracts like these might be the biggest reason for our success after Brady, Bill & I suppose you have to include the FO w this type of stuff
Awesome trade. He slides right into the Flowers role.

@captain stone what is funny about this?

Last edited:
The Chiefs had a historically bad defense last year. This is a Hail Mary trade that reeks of desperation.

there goes tyreek hills money...dumfak
They gotta pay Mahomes, Hill, Fuller, and Chris Jones soon.

Mahomes could get 36-38 mill when all said and done...
Hill close to 23-24 mill...
And with Clark at 21 mill...

That's 80 million dollars in 3 players!
Funny, I could've sworn that the Colts had 80 mill locked into ALL of their players at the start of Free Agency!

They gotta pay Mahomes, Hill, Fuller, and Chris Jones soon.

Mahomes could get 36-38 mill when all said and done...
Hill close to 23-24 mill...
And with Clark at 21 mill...

That's 80 million dollars in 3 players!
Funny, I could've sworn that the Colts had 80 mill locked into ALL of their players at the start of Free Agency!
The Colts are practicing patience which I actually admire. They are not a clear winner of the AFCS, let alone AFC. might as well keep the cap space and wait for the right opportunity.

Ford, Houston, a first round pick, a second round pick and a giant bag of cash out!

Clark and a swap of third round picks in.

Where is the improvement?

We really messed up the Chiefs' mind. I cannot believe I would say this. "Their window is closing rapidly. "

That franchise loves women beating scumbags.

I wonder if any gambling website would let me bet on the Chiefs drafting a player this week with a domestic abuse history. Easiest money ever.

Seattle’s new 29th overall pick is especially interesting if the Patriots want an offensive lineman, because both the Packers (30) and Rams (31) could be looking that direction. It’s just close enough that they might be able to get from 32 to 29 at the cost of only the fourth round pick.

Last edited:
20m a year as well as give up a draft spot that often provides excellent cap dollar to production value for several years? From the bleachers view this seems a 'win now at all costs, next year is a lifetime away' move. Arguably the cost in his contract and lost potential of the pick is approaching an 1/8th of cap resources. But for a team that has been in the ballpark only to never be in the winner's circle for a number of years? Probably understandable to think 'win now'. Yet when you risk A LOT on one player and that player doesn't live up to the billing? That's a gut punch to your chances and an under reported story on how huge move X that doesn't pan out causes negative ripple effects Y for multiple seasons.

They don't have to pay for a franchise QB, so they can afford to overspend on a pass rusher. Not a terrible move, it will certainly help out their defense...although, I am not sure it will help them versus Tom Brady. But, the more mediocre QBs and teams will struggle.

I agree that it is a win now move. But cap space — within that 5 year window to hit the floor — can be rolled over. And it is not only Mahomes they have to think about.

Clark will have to play on a DPoY kinda level to get value out of this trade.

It could be a good move. Time will tell. They shored up one safety position and got a starter to replace the one they lost. Might be an upgrade to Ford, might not.

Better hope they strike gold at the db postions. Not too many db’s coming out of the draft pay immediate dividends though.

It could be a good move. Time will tell. They shored up one safety position and got a starter to replace the one they lost. Might be an upgrade to Ford, might not.

Better hope they strike gold at the db postions. Not too many db’s coming out of the draft pay immediate dividends though.

I’m still holding out some hope that the douche which is Tyreek Hill will finally run into karma via a lengthy suspension, but there’s no arguing the fact that they improved their defense from 2018 to 2019.

then why did you suggest it was "a bad trade!" and insinuate BB is a bad GM? You DID do this. Why?

Is BB the same guy whose blueprint developed this team and coached them to SB wins 2 out of the last three years???

Every day in my quest for sports news I try to listen to the Radio, but usually switch out when they descend into the abyss of how bad of a GM BB is or how if they took player X this team would be perfect....

The Colts are practicing patience which I actually admire. They are not a clear winner of the AFCS, let alone AFC. might as well keep the cap space and wait for the right opportunity.
This is an interesting debate. I think some of these teams with younger QBs might be wise to have practiced some patience rather than going all in on the rookie contract trying to maximize some new hot trend of a cap window. It worked for Seattle (or maybe they just had a historical D to pair with the young QB). It worked for Eagles kind of they didn't go all in quite the same and the young QB wound up hurt. It worked for the Rams but they didn't win it all and we'll see where things go there. The Bears are trying it and looks to be the chiefs approach.
But all that said what the hell are the Colts waiting for? I know Luck had his injury and there was some unknown but had they invested this money last year instead of rolling it over they maybe could have been in a place to compete with us on an 11-5 year. Doubt it but maybe they missed their window. They didn't use it now so not sure they will be any better off. So like I asked already what are they waiting for? TBs retirement or something. Just hoping the Texans jags and Titans will just give the division back then spend.

Clark is a different, sturdier, bigger player than Ford no question. I get it.

As a player both in style, scheme fit, talent and production Jones is more like Ford than Clark

I am sorry he is a better player and scheme wise he probably better like the Chris Long said.

But Ford is a hell of a player too.

I still don't get give a couple of picks, for a better, but not that better player, more money and keep that secondary really weak.

It is like Pats twitter raving broncos CH, but when ''we'' mock a CB to the Pats with a 2nd pick is a waste. It is not a ''need'' they say, but they are willing to give high draft ammo for a expensive CB2 that we already have a young stud and a great vet there. Is CH better? YES. Scheme wise he fits? Yes, and probably can do more than both (DMac and JC) together. But is he worth 12/13m + picks for a ''need'' that we don't have?

That draft is pretty deep and Kansas have a lot o f needs, they also have to pay CJ, Mahomes and TH next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News