PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs giving up a 2019 1st, 2020 2nd for Frank Clark...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long is right but the compensation is still pretty absurd and makes the trade a hilarious one for the Chiefs. Two high picks AND they'll have to pay him. This is a desperation move.

Long is right but the compensation is still pretty absurd and makes the trade a hilarious one for the Chiefs. Two high picks AND they'll have to pay him. This is a desperation move.

I completely agree.

How did BB only get a 2nd + junk OL for Chandler Jones :confused:

Yep interesting Teams pay a arm and a leg for pass rushers seems like we didn't get much for Jones. Kudos to Pete Carroll excellent move and the Sea Hawks seem to always find those kind of guys in any Round it seems.

Yep interesting Teams pay a arm and a leg for pass rushers seems like we didn't get much for Jones. Kudos to Pete Carroll excellent move and the Sea Hawks seem to always find those kind of guys in any Round it seems.
SF paid less for Ford than AZ did for Chandler.

KC drastically overpaid.

20m a year as well as give up a draft spot that often provides excellent cap dollar to production value for several years? From the bleachers view this seems a 'win now at all costs, next year is a lifetime away' move. Arguably the cost in his contract and lost potential of the pick is approaching an 1/8th of cap resources. But for a team that has been in the ballpark only to never be in the winner's circle for a number of years? Probably understandable to think 'win now'. Yet when you risk A LOT on one player and that player doesn't live up to the billing? That's a gut punch to your chances and an under reported story on how huge move X that doesn't pan out causes negative ripple effects Y for multiple seasons.

Clark is a good player - real good. He isn't Aaron Donald or anyone sooooo good you have to scheme around him.

They could have kept Houston, Ford, and their picks. Dumb. Flat out dumb. A healthy Houston is as disruptive as Clark, at least.

I could see Bill packaging a second rounder + 32 to move up to 21
The Absolute Most I would surrender for #21 besides #32 is #73...and only then for Hockenson or maybe one of the top 6 DEs.

I wouldn't put it past Reid and that FO to ruin an amazing setup for the future. I would hate to be a Chief's fan.

then why did you suggest it was "a bad trade!" and insinuate BB is a bad GM? You DID do this. Why?
I never said BB was a bad GM. Stop twisting my words.

I didn’t like the 2nd round pick. I thought Jones was a good player and deserved more. I would’ve like for them to keep him instead but they couldn’t or didn’t want to pay him.

Have you ever disagreed with a move that BB has made? Does that make you think he’s a bad GM? Of course not.

Wouldn't that actually make them less willing to trade down?

Good question, it's all in how you look at it. Sitting at 21 & 29 certainly makes a trade down more likely than only having one 1st rounder. Seattle is in a position, cap strapped and position needy, where the more cheap young guys the better. Also keep in mind since the advent of the rookie wage scale and the 5th year option on 1st rounders the last few picks in the 1st round have a value they did not possess under the old rules.

Overall these are good moves. On paper, KC has a slightly cheaper defense that is also younger, healthier, and more productive. Houston, Ford, and Berry cost $52 million. For a historically bad defense. Their replacements have the price hit of $42 million. It was a messy offseason but looking back our GM did a pretty good job

wrong then, wrong now

Flowers would have signed the franchise tag in July. The team would have been without all that money for that period of time.

Are you referring to all that money spent on the collective tackling-dummyship of Bolden, Ellington, Harris, LaCosse, Lang & Brooks, or spent on a still-productive but older locker-room lawyer with questionable on-field & off-field discipline, or spent on two of the best of the worst free agents remaining at positions of great need, both of whom are still recovering from major injuries?

I never said BB was a bad GM. Stop twisting my words.

I didn’t like the 2nd round pick. I thought Jones was a good player and deserved more. I would’ve like for them to keep him instead but they couldn’t or didn’t want to pay him.

Have you ever disagreed with a move that BB has made? Does that make you think he’s a bad GM? Of course not.
You must have different meanings for words printed in English. Here's what YOU posted..

That’s a very good question. Trade looks even worse today.

And Jones’ contract is a freaking bargain.
The trade looks WORSE today? After THREE super bowl appearances. HOW do you justify this? Let me break this down for you...BB trades Jones...why? To make the team BETTER in his eyes. The Patriots win 2 of the next three super bowls. The DOWNSIDE, the "worse today!" is goiug to three consecutive bowls and winning two? Nah, YOU are focused on "fantasy" takes. Yes ,it was a real real real bad fantasy move. I'm not a Pats fan so I can win some facackta "fantasy" league.

You must have different meanings for words printed in English. Here's what YOU posted..

The trade looks WORSE today? After THREE super bowl appearances. HOW do you justify this? Let me break this down for you...BB trades Jones...why? To make the team BETTER in his eyes. The Patriots win 2 of the next three super bowls. The DOWNSIDE, the "worse today!" is goiug to three consecutive bowls and winning two? Nah, YOU are focused on "fantasy" takes. Yes ,it was a real real real bad fantasy move. I'm not a Pats fan so I can win some facackta "fantasy" league.
You can interpret how ever you want. I think BB is the best coach/GM in the league.

whatever..you win. The Jones trade was horrible and BB is the best. Perfect logic.

whatever..you win. The Jones trade was horrible and BB is the best. Perfect logic.
Just because I disagreed with one thing doesn’t mean I would think he’s a horrible GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back