PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs giving up a 2019 1st, 2020 2nd for Frank Clark...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs apparently put aside cap dollars for these scum bags. Filling a quota.
The humorous thing about this is people think Andy Reid is this guy who can help these guys find their path yet you hear all the **** about his own children. Hilarious!

And their pass rush took a hit. Clarke replaces Ford, but they need someone to replace Justin Houston’s production.
I think their pass rush will be adequate enough. Their man to man D will be better so that should lessen the blow.

For a team that's claiming it doesn't tolerate domestic abusers, they have a weird habit of picking them up at every opportunity.

How did BB only get a 2nd + junk OL for Chandler Jones :confused:
That’s a very good question. Trade looks even worse today.

And Jones’ contract is a freaking bargain.

Last edited:
That’s a very good question. Trade looks even worse today.

And Jones’ contract is a freaking bargain.
Really?

Since the trade AZ is 18-29-1 while the NEP have gone 45-11 and been to 3 straight Super Bowls, winning two.

Really?

Since the trade AZ is 18-29-1 while the NEP have gone 45-11 and been to 3 straight Super Bowls, winning two.
this is a clear example of the difference between "fantasy" football aficionadoes and normal TEAM football fans, It is what it is today...

Dee Ford was really a bust who never lived up to his billing. Fords first 16 game season where he started every game was last year. Approximately 50% of his career QB pressures came last season.

Justin Houston played constantly injured and his NFL career is on fumes. His last full season was in 2014.

Bear in mind that the Chiefs defense played with sizable leads that forced other teams to abandon the run and pass to catch up or stay even. Artificial KC pass rush on a defense that was 24th in points allowed. The Pats were 7th.

Really?

I’m basing off of what they got in return for him.

I get it that the Pats didn’t want to pay him just like they didn’t want to pay Flowers.

I could see Bill packaging a second rounder + 32 to move up to 21

They don’t have a second round pick which is a round they found players like Frank Clark. I think they’ll jump at the chance to get a second rounder this year.

That’s a very good question. Trade looks even worse today for those hapless Cardinals.

And Jones’ contract is a freaking bargain if you want players that do nothing to help your team.

Fixed it for ya!

Very very bizarre. Even if he was clean off the field, this is a head scratcher.

Fixed it for ya!
The Cardinals are morons trading for a DE/LB and think it’s going to fix an already awful team. Awful teams can’t give up draft capital plus pay a bunch of money with a ton of needs.

And now they could take another QB 1st overall when they just took one last year within the top 10? :eek:

I’m basing off of what they got in return for him.

I get it that the Pats didn’t want to pay him just like they didn’t want to pay Flowers.

You might be overrating Jones

Cardinals get: Jones
Patriots get: Thuney, Mitchell and $79 million in cap space

Is that really a bad trade?
Patriots got a 2nd, Cooper and future cap relief for Jones, not the players you mentioned as they were not apart of the initial trade.

You don’t judge trades based off what a team does with the picks they received. Arizona had nothing to do with the Pats using that 2nd and parlaying for more picks.

Last edited:
Pretty bad trade by the Chiefs imo. You not only give up picks but now have to pay market setting price for Clark.

But then again their entire defense is in shambles and they only have so much time to waste until Mahomes has a market deal. Smells like panic.

They don't have to pay for a franchise QB, so they can afford to overspend on a pass rusher. Not a terrible move, it will certainly help out their defense...although, I am not sure it will help them versus Tom Brady. But, the more mediocre QBs and teams will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back