PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we root for Mahomes now?

I get rooting against him because fans and goat debate, but Mahomes in a vacuum, I have no issues with. He's the real deal, he's who people think Rodgers is. He'll retire either 1 or 2 all time.
I mean he has a looooong way to go.
What happens when Kelce slows down?
If God forbid a injury sets him back?
Turnover will happen too
A lot has to go right

I mean he has a looooong way to go.
What happens when Kelce slows down?
If God forbid a injury sets him back?
Turnover will happen too
A lot has to go right

Andy Reid could kick the bucket or retire

Andy Reid could kick the bucket or retire

Or get his neck broken if a d-lineman wakes up while he's drawing one of those silly mustaches on them. Dude is playin' with fire

If KC wins this Super Bowl that's 3.

3 more with Mahomes is not farfetched.
KC's first SB win put a smile on my face. It was more than a half century ago and I still remember the feeling of beating the NFL after they spent years hiding from the AFL. The NYFL finally agreed to a title game when they had Lombardi's Packers for the first two wins but then the Jets and Chiefs took them out to even the series and shut the NFLers up for good.

The NFL now plays a style more similar to the old AFL days.

I get rooting against him because fans and goat debate, but Mahomes in a vacuum, I have no issues with. He's the real deal, he's who people think Rodgers is. He'll retire either 1 or 2 all time.
The best thing about Brady is that he forever ended the debate that the media and every non Pats fan wants to have about who's the best QB ever. Brady calls that a wrap.

Every other QB, including Mahomes, will now have to try and catch Montana. That won't be an easy task even for Mahomes. I wonder what the media's story line will be now. Who's number two?

Can we let this thread die so I don't see this question on the first page everytime I stop by? Makes me cringe lol.

No ill will towards OP!

Can we root for Mahomes now??
Robert Redford Nod GIF

No sacks. WTF? If I still bet on the NFL I would have taken the Eagles D to get at least 4 sacks. Nothing yesterday. Kuddos to Thuney. Wish the Pats had lineman that good.

No sacks. WTF? If I still bet on the NFL I would have taken the Eagles D to get at least 4 sacks. Nothing yesterday. Kuddos to Thuney. Wish the Pats had lineman that good.
That's why they shouldn't wait to extend Mike Onwenu...both Joe Thuney and Mongo Karras played well for their respective Teams.

Mahomes is certainly going to make noise in Super Bowl victories. He's a damn good QB and Reid is a good Coach. They will dominate the AFC for a long time.

this should be moved to the new Kansas City Chiefs sub-forum created by @Ian

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
this should be moved to the new Kansas City Chiefs sub-forum created by @Ian

I will certainly be moving future mentions of Mahomes, etc. outside of this thread to that forum ;)

Don't get me stahted.

Mahomes is certainly going to make noise in Super Bowl victories. He's a damn good QB and Reid is a good Coach. They will dominate the AFC for a long time.
The funny thing though is Mahomes could triple his amount of SB rings but he'd still be behind the GOAT. Amazing.

I have to wonder how Montana and the NFLers will take it when/if Mahomes catches him. That would be fun to see.

The funny thing though is Mahomes could triple his amount of SB rings but he'd still be behind the GOAT. Amazing.

I have to wonder how Montana and the NFLers will take it when/if Mahomes catches him. That would be fun to see.
I don't think they like it as the rules have changed to favor QB's. Even Brady wouldn't have been able to play passed age 35-38 had the rules never changed. Brady has even said the rule changes have made it way easier to pass the football and defenses have dumbed down.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back