PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

When did Patsfans become BBWfans? ;)
Doesn't do it for me
Agreed. Plus, here I am in my home office trying to read about Cam and Mac and having to keep my head on a swivel so that my Mother-in-Law (who is visiting) or wife don't conclude that Patsfans (which my wife certainly knows I visit frequently) isn't a girl ogling website ;)

I mean I can probably say that about most teams of who they played. There are only 5 teams that are top 5, and usually you dont play all of them.
So? It still means a majority of teams they played had ****ty offenses.

When the played a top 5 offense they got roasted.

A good D will at least keep it reasonable for the game or most of it.

I did not see this coming.

Well, I thought Cam could provide excellent backup in case of an emergency, different skill set and a lot of experience, I’m not a fan but I thought we could win a bunch of games even with him starting with the team BB put together but I guess he wouldn’t accept a backup position, not so sure though because there is not much of a market for him so Im not so sure he asked for a release, the vaccine issue may have played a big factor on this.

I’m really curious if he gets a starting gig, maybe in Houston if Watson is thrown in a jail cell. That or Washington, really there’s no other QB job available.

Does he get 3.5m without playing a regular season game? Not bad if true...

Very surprised and disappointed. The kid needs time on the bench to learn the pro game. Aaron Rodgers spent 3-seasons as a back-up! 3-seasons!! He is the best QB ever and also has also hosted Jeopardy.

How many QB's have hosted Jeopardy AND won the Super Bowl?! It is an unworldly accomplishment that all NFL quarterbacks should strive for.

So I would had thought Jones would be on the bench as a back-up this season and at least into 2023 before being promoted to starter.

BB is losing it in his later years.

The Matt Patricia era can't get here soon enough.

Everyone is pumping the 'Fins tires all the sudden.

They are a decent but wouldn't put them in the Super Bowl just yet.
Still a rookie going against a Flores led defense, which was 6th in scoring D. Flores also knows the principles/keys of the offense.

Meh.. Fins were in the middle of the pack in both pass and run D.
I get the enthusiasm, but he’s still a rookie going against a Flores led defense, which was 6th in scoring D. Flores also knows the principles/keys of the offense.

Hoyer didn't look bad in the last pre-season game, although it was against 3rd stringers.

Hey, if Mac can't play, we may want to suck so we get better draft position.

Just sayin'...

Big win for Curran and Perry, especially Perry.

Perry's been laying out the case for Mac for months now.

Curran has been a late convert after seeing Mac play in pre-season.
Sorry Imho Hoyer is awful there are better backups out there than him but maybe he gets into coaching or he may come back after some more moves just to hopefully hold the clipboard!!!

But...if you've had COVID you have a natural immunity to it.
You are right….Let’s not let this thread go off the rails….I would just suggest everyone do their research on what’s really happening today with the vaccine effectiveness against the variants for both unvaxxed and vaxxed…..and not just listen to the media….otherwise let’s stay on topic! Cams gone….YAY!!!!

I never expected this. But, it sure restores a lot of faith in BB. He knew all along.
It seems stupid to not have given Mac more reps with the 1s in preseason, since this was his plan. Why the big charade with Cam?
Oh well. The right thing has been done. Now, Mac gets to start fresh and we've all said it - we're here for the ride.
Its not going to be without frustration, but at least it will be exciting to watch the Pats again.

Brady was a game manager in 2001. He really just had to move the ball and not screw up. I am not sure that you can do that in today's NFL though. The Pats in the first dynasty were more of a defensive focused team, but this is a more of an offensive league now.

I am not as concerned about going to the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl this year (although that is the goal this year and every year) as I am with Mac growing as a QB that he could potentially win several rings down the line.
Brady was a game manager in 2001 until he wasn't. That is, when he had to make a clutch play he came through time after time. Mac? Great preseason. He has a great upside. Several rings down the road? I'd be ecstatic. Realist? Several rings is rare air in the NFL. I'm pumping the brakes on that one

Still a rookie going against a Flores led defense, which was 6th in scoring D. Flores also knows the principles/keys of the offense.
Meh. Beat em last year with Cam.

My bears fans brothers are livid their team isn’t going with the rookie

Mac is going to be great. Good offensive line and some good smaller quick players to make short passes to. He throws a good deep ball too - lofts it in there perfectly so our guys will hit the occasional home run..

What are we going to do about a backup though - with Stidham out for months and Hoyer released. Maybe bill has his eye on another guy that will be cut down out there. I wonder who it is?

Cutting Cam was the right move - guy was a terrible QB - Pats should have been better last year. They had a pretty good line last year, solid defense and could run the ball some. So even a passable QB could have got them to 8 and 8. I think all the talk about how Cam did so well and the Pats had nothing was just excuse making for poor QB play.

I think most of the backup QBs are more accurate throwers and better decision makers then Cam. Cam is 90% athlete and 10% football player. So when that athleticism slips - do even "good" levels he is not worth the roster spot.. He is going to join RG3 and Michael Vick and leave the game..

You see this all the time in hoops where a guy gets hurt and loses his athleticism and teams don't want him anymore. Kemba Walker is like a Cam - great guy - hard working - fun personality. But once his knee gets hurt and he can't be super human out there - C's don't want him. Sure QBs are less athletic then PGs but when your major plus is athleticism and its just "good" you are in trouble.

Kemba is way more athletic even diminished then anyone you probably know.. But C's still paid to get rid of him.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back