PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

It's been non stop from criticism for his vax status to how he was outperformed all preseason to Mac teaching him the playbook.

The main debate has been literally is Cam too dumb and poor of a leader to not get vaxed forcing the Pats to release him vs. Cam was too dumb to learn the playbook and Mac outperformed him all TC.

I mean if you were Cam how would you feel? Bill trotted him out like he was Qb1 all off-season and only gave him 2 drives in the preseason games while Jones was showcased. They also never had him run either. I think Cam is going scorched earth on Friday.
Felger and Mazz have been pushing the narrative that Josh wanted Mac and Bill wanted Cam. I don't know how much I buy it since Bill makes the call in the end of the day but who really knows? I agree Bill's actions all camp/preseason pointed to Cam as the starter so maybe Cam felt the rug got pulled out from under him and maybe doesn't go after Bill but Josh? I just don't know how much it helps Cam to go full scorched earth. He finally seemed to shed the "selfish" and "bad teammate" labels some people put on him in Carolina and burning the bridge here may scare any future teams off. I assume he will want his story out there but I think he is smart enough not to go too hard against the organization.

Felger and Mazz have been pushing the narrative that Josh wanted Mac and Bill wanted Cam. I don't know how much I buy it since Bill makes the call in the end of the day but who really knows? I agree Bill's actions all camp/preseason pointed to Cam as the starter so maybe Cam felt the rug got pulled out from under him and maybe doesn't go after Bill but Josh? I just don't know how much it helps Cam to go full scorched earth. He finally seemed to shed the "selfish" and "bad teammate" labels some people put on him in Carolina and burning the bridge here may scare any future teams off. I assume he will want his story out there but I think he is smart enough not to go too hard against the organization.

Following up on our discussion about them earlier today, this is a perfect F&M narrative. Now, if Mac Jones turns out to be a great QB, they will FOREVER refer to this talking point as "proof" that Belichick had to be strong armed into choosing him over Cam. "He got lucky again! First Mo Lewis drops the GOAT in his lap, now his OC forces him to go with the successor!" They're sowing the hot take seeds.

Only your last paragraph is about the Patriots. The first two are his grievances against the media or patsfans posters.

I can see him complaining he didn’t get enough chances to show his skills, but that also opens the door to the argument that he wasn’t available for most of a week because he was an idiot.

I expect Cam to make a statement in his font that says he still has a lot of football left and no one should doubt him, yadda, yadda, yadda.
He said "he wants to get things off his chest." I don't read that he is going to just talk about his future. I think he wants to tell his side of things and while I agree he should be smart about it, I very much doubt he possesses that kind of humility.

I see a unwelcome distraction ahead if Cam posts a video on Friday claiming mistreatment & disrespect, as he seems to be hinting

He mistreated and disrespected the passing game, so whatever. He can be mad if he wants, but we don't even know if that's the case.

I would be surprised, after everything that's been said about him by Bill and the organization, by his teammates, and now recently Mac saying he keeps in touch with him, that Cam would come out with bazookas and torch the whole bridge. Stranger things have happened, but I would be surprised.

I doubt it. The Pats have done an all smear campaign on him since he was released. I think he comes out swinging. He has nothing to lose. He isn't getting a job this year.
Oh ********. Bill: “I have nothing but positive thoughts and feelings for Cam. He came in here, he worked hard. He gave us everything he had."
Total smearjob there all right.

Ugh. Thought the drama was over with this fecking team after Brady left. Glad this will be done with on Friday and not week 6.

Ninkovich's comment could definitely come across that way but other than him I can't think of any other Patriots mouthpieces that badmouthed him?
Ninkovich speaks on behalf of ESPN, not the Pats

All any of the 31 other teams need to do is to watch video of newton last year snd training camp this year to know that he is cooked, done, stick a fork in him!

any team signing him is admitting they are really desperate!

All any of the 31 other teams need to do is to watch video of newton last year snd training camp this year to know that he is cooked, done, stick a fork in him!

any team signing him is admitting they are really desperate!
Lol, the only team that signed him were the Patriots.

I doubt it. The Pats have done an all smear campaign on him since he was released. I think he comes out swinging. He has nothing to lose. He isn't getting a job this year.
You mean when belichick praised and thanked him for his effort here? Yeah what a smear. Sorry ninkovich found out cam needed help from the rookie, but it was t really a surprise after watching him last year. Can the truth be a smear?

About damn time. My blind grandmother could have done better

I have nothing but respect for Cam the person,
but the fact is that Cam the football player played atrocious last year. As far as I’m concerned he already had way too many chances and never should have been brought back in the first place.

That being said, he did the right thing by refusing to take the dna changing experimental gene therapy kill shot. And I will always like and respect him for that.

I have nothing but respect for Cam the person,
but the fact is that Cam the football player played atrocious last year. As far as I’m concerned he already had way too many chances and never should have been brought back in the first place.

That being said, he did the right thing by refusing to take the dna changing experimental gene therapy kill shot. And I will always like and respect him for that.
Stay on the practice squad.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back