PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos game postponed - (Moved to Sun 10/18 1:00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this the same person second test or a second person ?
I think, reading the timestamp, that tweet is old. I think ferentz is the only confirmed test. Not sure there's an actual second at this point, but I could be wrong.

I expect this to continue and these new positives are zero surprise when the league chooses to ignore the incubation period. They league put themselves in a bad situation. You can't just accept potential outbreaks, half ass protocols and wish for the best. If one player or coach to ends up in an ICU or dead and it'll be disastrous.

I'm sure that the league wants to pin it all on the Patriots but despite what local media will tell you, the team seems to have been doing the best they can given the mess of protocols they are dealing with. The NFL botched this bad and anyone living in reality knew they would.

Last edited:
This is getting absolutely ****ing ridiculous. Is anyone sick?
All you need is one player or coach to catch it and die and it's a PR nightmare. By the way can you shut up for once in your life about COVID being a hoax? We're not supposed to get into this anyhow on the forum. Find somewhere else for the drivel.

I think, reading the timestamp, that tweet is old. I think ferentz is the only confirmed test. Not sure there's an actual second at this point, but I could be wrong.
I think they need two positive tests to 'confirm' a positive.

This suggests Ferentz had two tests both positive and someone else has one and is waiting the results of the 2nd.

The following tweet gives a good hint as to who the second player might be.

14douthatWeb-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

I think they need two positive tests to 'confirm' a positive.

This suggests Ferentz had two tests both positive and someone else has one and is waiting for a second.

The following tweet gives a good hint as to who the second player might be.

People are guessing Eluemunor since he, Ferentz, and Wise were the DNPs on the projected injury report on Wednesday. Lazar says it's not Wise.

Edit: I saw a completely different tweet in your post a second ago, so this is me confirming that I can actually read :whistle:

Last edited:
Karen’s going to make a sternly-worded call to the league office and let them know that allowing the players to decide to play football during a pandemic is reprehensible. She will get the season canceled. Don’t you worry.

giphy.gif

People are guessing Eluemunor since he, Ferentz, and Wise were the DNPs on the projected injury report on Wednesday. Lazar says it's not Wise.
Interesting.

So if he gets back a negative test next time and you're a fellow player, how happy are you about being in a huddle with him?

Chalk it up to a test failure, or worry that he's just under the line?

Karen’s going to make a sternly-worded call to the league office and let them know that allowing the players to decide to play football during a pandemic is reprehensible. She will get the season canceled. Don’t you worry.

giphy.gif
What's the origin of a "Karen"? Why did people start hating on Karen? Is being named Karen like being named Adolf?

Let's hope it's limited to "Thanks Dad" and maybe to Eluemenor.

One addition by subtraction, and perhaps one case of somewhat minor loss of depth.

Thuney back to C?

We don't know the upshot or results of having those games played. We'll know soon. I'm predicting it's going to go the same way as European soccer games. They isolate the infections, play the games with non-infected players, only to find out that those players actually had a viral load and that they ended up infecting the entire team. Same thing happened with Genoa and Napoli. One team infected Genoa the prior game, then Genoa played Napoli with ZERO positive infections, only to report a few days later that 75% of the roster was Covid +. And then Napoli started getting positives the following week. They actually forfeited a game (it wasn't even postponed) and they sent all players to a bubble (not even a quarantine at home). While the league penalized them for forfeiting a game against Juventus. And now, Juventus players are Covid +, and the league looks idiotic.
And how many of these players were sick? How many went to the hospital? How many went to the ICU? How many were completely asymptomatic?

What's the origin of a "Karen"? Why did people start hating on Karen? Is being named Karen like being named Adolf?

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly think the Patriots need to change the culture. So many guys are going down with Covid, and I think it starts with the scouting department. Tougher players would gut it out and play through this, but these guys have immune systems that are made of glass.
Be fair. At least the scouting department and front office haven‘t drafted any of those 216,000 losers that actually died from it.

I think it’s just a sarcastic phonetic spelling of caring...carin...

Easier said than done. There is legit suffering out there from people who are perfectly healthy. I am not despicable enough to tell those people “it’s just a game.” And I don’t consider it political to have compassion for those people.
True, and all that goes even more so for those who were perfectly healthy and now aren’t because of the disease.

All you need is one player or coach to catch it and die and it's a PR nightmare. By the way can you shut up for once in your life about COVID being a hoax? We're not supposed to get into this anyhow on the forum. Find somewhere else for the drivel.
Or a player just ends up on a vent in a hospital for a week

It’s your quintessential middle aged woman who feels the need to overtly complain about *something* frequently. Which somehow calling out the NFL for not having planned to deal with inevitable interruptions to a typical season schedule is now conflated to being Karen-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News