PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos game postponed - (Moved to Sun 10/18 1:00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach Bill doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to quit playing games because of this "thing"...The infallible McCourty Brothers on the other hand...
Right, but this isn't what Tom E. Curran reported, he reported nothing but pure unity inside the building.

BB seemed pretty determined to put health first in the clips I saw of him.

Personally I imagine he would be in favor of a full 8 day stand down to make sure everyone cleared the tests cleanly, instead of the start and stop nonsense the NJFL is going with.

Right, but this isn't what Tom E. Curran reported, he reported nothing but pure unity inside the building.

BB seemed pretty determined to put health first in the clips I saw of him.

Personally I imagine he would be in favor of a full 8 day stand down to make sure everyone cleared the tests cleanly, instead of the start and stop nonsense the NJFL is going with.
I expect he will refuse to play the game Sunday. We'll see what the league does as right now they are saying game on.

This is just politics though, and we can't discuss it here, but in other places, they've addressed the loss of income through other means.
Just so you know you are arguing with someone who has gotten laughed out of every Covid related thread he’s been in and has been the most consistently wrong persons on this board on this topic. I can’t see what he wrote, but I’m just giving you a heads up that you are engaging with someone who has been proven wrong multiple times on this and has went MIA when the evidence against him was too much for him to contend with. He’s an absolute contrarian on this who has moved goalposts multiple times. Most likely you are wasting time.

I wonder what happens at the Super Bowl?

Assuming that theres a vaccine just change the name of the venue to Ely Lilly Stadium.

I don't get it. When a team has a case you have to shut down their facilities by a week. Otherwise you get this clunky start/stop loop with people continually going to the team facilities while being infected. Tack on a few extra weeks to the end of the season for scheduling flexibility. Easier said than properly executed but... the current approach is just waaaayyy too much like closing your eyes and praying for the best .

At some point you have to play the games. We were fortunate they moved the Denver game. Other teams that have only had a small amount of cases have played (Atlanta, Chiefs, Bears, Raiders). I am not sure why the Pats are being this overly cautious when other teams are playing.

Because the ownership, coaching staff and players couldnt give a rats ass about a game compared to how much they care for each other's safety. **** the league for screwing this up.

I had been asking in the past what exactly makes Kraft a "great" owner given that everything football ops related has been running on autopilot ever since he hired BB.

Well the way he absolutely nailed the COVID response with upgrades to the facilities, paying for two planes for KC, paying for the hotels of players that don't want to risk taking the virus home has been amazing and generally siding with them at times when the League and PA only had revenues in their mind has been awesome.

The NFL should have built 3 or 4 byes per team into the regular season in order to deal with these issues. Instead they either will have to force teams to play when there is still a transmission risk or make teams play for weeks after the season is over while other teams sit around a wait. The lack of foresight by the NFL is staggering.

I don't get it. When a team has a case you have to shut down their facilities by a week. Otherwise you get this clunky start/stop loop with people continually going to the team facilities while being infected. Tack on a few extra weeks to the end of the season for scheduling flexibility. Easier said than properly executed but... the current approach is just waaaayyy too much like closing your eyes and praying for the best .
Problem is these cases will probably keep popping up every now and then. Shutting down the facilities isn’t going to keep others from catching it. Masks don’t prevent it, they might help but people are still going to catch it.

Because the ownership, coaching staff and players couldnt give a rats ass about a game compared to how much they care for each other's safety. **** the league for screwing this up.

I had been asking in the past what exactly makes Kraft a "great" owner given that everything football ops related has been running on autopilot ever since he hired BB.

Well the way he absolutely nailed the COVID response with upgrades to the facilities, paying for two planes for KC, paying for the hotels of players that don't want to risk taking the virus home has been amazing and generally siding with them at times when the League and PA only had revenues in their mind has been awesome.
Taking extra precautions is fine and commendable. But again you do at some point have to practice and play with risk otherwise they are punting on the season.

It's kind of hard to understand the actual policy, as far as I know the NFL has never communicated it in full.

For instance, consider this tweet:

It seems to suggest a transmission of the virus is OK as long as it is within a probable transmission vector, whereas if it came via an unknown/unlikely vector the whole site gets shut down and the clock gets reset.

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly think the Patriots need to change the culture. So many guys are going down with Covid, and I think it starts with the scouting department. Tougher players would gut it out and play through this, but these guys have immune systems that are made of glass.

This is not a worst case scenario.

Makes me think the other might be Eluemunor since they both had the same "not injury related" designation on Wednesday.

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly think the Patriots need to change the culture. So many guys are going down with Covid, and I think it starts with the scouting department. Tougher players would gut it out and play through this, but these guys have immune systems that are made of glass.
TB12 can help. Thanksgiving sale on covid water, only $599.99 a gallon.

This is not a worst case scenario.

Maybe not Ferentz himself but the fact it might be going around the OL group sucks. Thankfully he wasn't in with his positional group for strength workouts on Wednesday because he missed practice.

Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents