PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Both Jimmy & Butler to stay Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should actually enjoy it more:

1. best draft is when you have no needs

2. BB&co do their magic in the later rounds and UDFA

3. 2017 incredibly deep class - with many red flags - will offer spectacular Day 4 (aka UDFA hunt). Just f.e.: there will be 3-5 UDFA safety prospects with better film and measurables than Richards (and I don't even dislike Jordan). Note that Pats have only 64 players on the roster so UDFA class could be much bigger than the norm.
Our Draft Board is discovering jewels 500+ deep.

Here a reminder:

Bennett was a second rounder for Dallas.

I am sorry, but I will not believe the potential for either trade is dead until Thursday night.
Agree this is all posturing
Other teams to look for to come calling for the Butler.
Keep a eye on Philly, Dallas,New Orleans,San Fran, Chicago teams that need immediate secondary help.
Two mid round picks the Patriots might pick up the phone.

Bennett was a second rounder for Dallas.

Wait, wait -- you're telling me that *Peter King* is *wrong* about something??!!!

kdR7j_s-200x150.gif

I think they are some questions about our Pass Rush that an Elite Secondary could cover up. I see a lot of coverage sacks coming with a + Butler Secondary. I'll take a Denver type Secondary any day of the week.

Keep Butler and get ring 6. JAG I would be more prone to trade but they don't have anything they have to trade him for.

The only areas on this team that need help are LB #2 and DE #3. After that not much to upgrade really. A Center be nice but not a must have.

This would mean Butler will be on the table . in case top of the draft don't go NO way..

Excellent news for Butler. Wouldn't have been anywhere near as good with any other team has he has been, and would continue to be in, in New England. Now he can be an excellent CB2 next to Gilmore, and we'd have one of the best secondaries in the league, along with the best defense.

Poker face BB if you want the Butler we want #11 if #11 is off the Table we'll just keep hm. If we don't trade the Butler it will make us stronger.:cool:

Saints want to pay him like a top CB but don't want to give up top CB compensation? Lmfao

Good for BB to keep him for the year. If he sits out he sits out.

CB: Gilmore
CB: Rowe
CB: Butler (nickel)
S: McCourty
S: Chung
S: Harmon (dime)

Just let us see it oneeee season
I'm sure you intended this but Gilmore and Butler would be the 2 when we only had 2 CB on the field. Rowe would be the "nickel" addition but Butler likely the one playing more inside.

I am more than happy to keep Butler. Having two #1 CBs is a huge thing.

As for Garoppolo, I only want to keep him if the Pats are convinced he is a top 5-10 QB and they are planning to move on from Brady after this season. Or if no one is offering close to what we think he would commend (like say a second round pick only). Otherwise, I think it is stupid to pass on a first round pick (possibly the 12th overall pick) for a back up QB. You don't pass on what might be perennial Pro Bowler/All Pro for a QB to be a back up for one season.

I see all of this as a win win situation. You want jimmy G? Pay the price or we will just keep him same goes to butler. If the price is right and stupid enough BB will take it. He's not gonna settle for poor picks because there's a year left of their contract..

Factors in play....weight 'em how you want:

38 year old Brees
NO's patience level....build vs win now
Immediate contributors / rookie learning curve /veteran skill
NO vs NE in week 2
NE's 2017 schedule
And most importantly IMO ...Who's on the board at #32 or at any draft slot being haggled over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back