PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler could still go to NO - here's how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF they trade Butler (only if he signs his tender), I would only accept Saints #11 pick in the 1st round.

From there, Patriots can trade down (low 1st rounder, and low 2nd rounder)... IMO

What's the advantage for NO in that? They get him cost controlled for one year but they lose the certainty of a long-term contract. Surely it would make sense for New Orleans to tender a contract and lock him up. Either way they lose 11.

we have the money to keep butler and hightower.
According to Miguel they can sign Butler and Hightower to contracts similar to Gilmore's and still have $20 million in cap space for this year. Still a lot of money to go around.

Is it common for players to skip town without signing their tendered contract? I mean.... what is Butler waiting for?

It is Butler's agent that is telling him what to do. His agent is not very experienced and my not have the best advice for him. IMO

I want Butler to stay and sign a long term deal.

Makes no sense. Patriots would get saints original pick not the 32.
The saints would have just taken butler in the trade instead of the 1 if they wanted to do that.

They can't because he's not under contract until he signs his tender.

NFL stands for not for long. BB is a ruthless businessman, and if you're not on the same page as him, he doesn't hesitate to ship you out of here. Bb does what's best for the team, loyalty to a player does not matter to him if he's being an inconvenience to the team.

This includes butler unfortunately

I think this board is rather impatient - expecting Butler to sign the tender right away. More than 50 RFA's have been tendered around the league and I do not think a single player has signed the tender as I write this post. The RFA designation gives an opportunity to the player to explore the market for himself. Teams generally do not bother to investigate with available RFA's until the dealings with available unrestricted free agents have been exhausted.

They can't because he's not under contract until he signs his tender.
He can sign as part of the trade. There is absolutely no reason for him not to.

I think this board is rather impatient - expecting Butler to sign the tender right away. More than 50 RFA's have been tendered around the league and I do not think a single player has signed the tender as I write this post. The RFA designation gives an opportunity to the player to explore the market for himself. Teams generally do not bother to investigate with available RFA's until the dealings with available unrestricted free agents have been exhausted.

That's helpful to know. Thank you

Edit:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore