PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler For Cooks Deal Being Hashed Out Between NE-NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't work like that. There are guys in other cubicles that started at the same time, underperform and are paid more. Factor that in too. That's why some team can pay him what Gilmore got (or slightly less because they might lost a 1st round pick.)

It does work like that. Teams are not going to ignore the financial control they have over RFA's. No team has paid for another team's first round tender since 2003.

people need to stop getting so attached to players except for Brady. NFL stands for not for long, and BB only cares about improving the team, not about loyalty.

If it isn't about loyalty to Belichick why should we expect loyalty from the players?

Why is it okay to get attached to Brady but not Butler or any other player?

It doesn't work like that. There are guys in other cubicles that started at the same time, underperform and are paid more. Factor that in too. That's why some team can pay him what Gilmore got (or slightly less because they might lost a 1st round pick.)
Really now, then tell me which Patriot that came to the Pats in 2014 who has earned more that Butler will over 4 seasons that doesn't deserve it to the point where Butler should be pissed?

Sounds to me that you are stretching to make a point, OR, you aren't articulating your point well enough for me to understand it.

I just wrote a long post to explain it but it isn't worth it Ken. People either get it or they don't.

Keep the D intact!

That's touching. Does it apply to the situation where the guy that's making 3x less is the same age and plays the same position as the higher earner, is a 2x SB champ and is directly responsible for 1 SB title while the other guy hasn't been to the playoffs? Does it apply when the higher earner is from another team and therefore no friendship bond has formed between the higher and lower earner?

That's touching?!? What a douche comment.

Really now, then tell me which Patriot that came to the Pats in 2014 who has earned more that Butler will over 4 seasons that doesn't deserve it to the point where Butler should be pissed?

Sounds to me that you are stretching to make a point, OR, you aren't articulating your point well enough for me to understand it.

I think it's pretty clear that Butler isn't getting the respect from fans here that he should. The kid has done nothing but work his tail off, but now that he's hoping to get a better deal he's all of a sudden going to pull a Collins. I think many of those same fans will be sorry if he ends up leaving.

That's not how it works. You have no idea what Butler is asking for. We can't just give him whatever he wants just because you feel he deserves it. Indications are he turned down a deal similar to what Gillmore got. He's looking for a Revis like contract at $16-17m per.

That's not how it works. You have no idea what Butler is asking for. We can't just give him whatever he wants just because you feel he deserves it. Indications are he turned down a deal similar to what Gillmore got. He's looking for a Revis like contract at $16-17m per.

There's a major contradiction there.

You are entirely missing the point. If the guy in the next cubical waited 5 years to qualify for that bigger salary, how can you be pissed when you only have 3 years in.

THAT's the point so many people are missing. Malcolm Butler doesn't have the time in to qualify as an UFA. He hasn't EARNED the right to get the big bucks. How can be be pissed at that. NEXT year he will be able to command the big bucks. That's the way the system works. Why would he resent it. It would be totally selfish of him, and Butler never struck me as a selfish person.

All I see are selfish mediots trying to project a complaint on a guy who has nothing to complain about. Just 3 years ago this guy was working at Freakin' Popeyes. After this season he will have earned over $6MM and be in line to easily double that the next year.

Again....tell me why would he resent Gilmore who waited FIVE years to "get paid". He paid his dues.

What a hideous concept that someone should be thankful for getting paid well below what he is worth because he came from a poor background. Repulsive.

Only slightly less repugnant is the concept that "paying ones dues" makes one worthy of better pay than someone that performs at a higher level.

What a hideous concept that someone should be thankful for getting paid well below what he is worth because he came from a poor background. Repulsive.

Only slightly less repugnant is the concept that "paying ones dues" makes one worthy of better pay than someone that performs at a higher level.
clearly you are another one who can't seem to count to 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back