PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler For Cooks Deal Being Hashed Out Between NE-NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me in the keep Malcom Butler camp Patriots are playing Real QB's next season we need Two Solid CB's to compete. Guys who can cover don't fall off trees and they can make your pass rush look better than it actually is.

Honestly, I think the only way Butler stays is if no one wants to trade for him or he signs an extremely team friendly deal.

I don't think BB will risk another Jamie Collins situation where you only get minimal compensation back for a disgruntled player that needs to be shipped in midseason.
NOTHING that Butler has actually said would make you think he's the LEAST bit "disgruntled" or likely to be a problem in the locker room. You just seem like you are totally buying into the media hype, luuked.

IMHO I don't see the problem with him being here for this season. In fact I see it as an opportunity for the Pats to have their best secondary in their history, or at least one of the top 3. That is certainly worth more than another WR, regardless of talent

In addition, he is getting a bump in salary from $800K ( plus commercials and post season) to nearly $4 million this year, a 400% raise. While not $13million, it is a big improvement and hopefully enough to keep him a good soldier as he looks forward to next year if he is still on the roster this year...

In addition, he is getting a bump in salary from $800K ( plus commercials and post season) to nearly $4 million this year, a 400% raise. While not $13million, it is a big improvement and hopefully enough to keep him a good soldier as he looks forward to next year if he is still on the roster this year...

Would you be a good soldier if you are outperforming the guy in the next cubicle and he is making more than 3x your salary? I know I wouldn't. The fact that we are talking bigger salaries doesn't change the principle.

I thought Saints would announce what happens to Cook this evening.

Would you be a good soldier if you are outperforming the guy in the next cubicle and he is making more than 3x your salary? I know I wouldn't. The fact that we are talking bigger salaries doesn't change the principle.

First, he may outperform Gilmore, but the two aren't far apart.

Also, the guy in the next cubicle put in 5 years to get the promotions. You've got three.
And that's in a UNION shop where contract details have rules and boundaries.

So you'd be shipped to Cleveland, or whatever hellhole shows the least promise in the 2017 NFL.

Because you sure as hell wouldn't belong on Belichick's Patriots.

If Butler wants the security now, he should do what some others, like Gronk, have done, and roll this year into an extension.

If he wants to gamble, he should play lights out this year and go for the kill next year, when, because of his (non)draft position, he's put in his four years and is a UFA.

He pouts and sits this year and 28-year-old Malcom Butler might find his market a lot smaller than he thought.

Cooks is a game changer. Brady would love him

Watching brady throw those deep balls with some accuracy this season was amazing. The one throw against buffalo to hogan with gilmore in coverage was a thing of beauty.

Cooks is someone that really makes it difficult for a Defense to play Cover 1 against. He's very difficult to cover one on one as they have first hand knowledge when Butler was matched against him in training camp last year.

I worked with a former pro football player for a few years and I found out that the players are not like that when it comes to salaries. They actually support other players who make a big score. There's also a big difference in the togetherness of a pro locker room compared to some other workplaces.

I hope Malcolm stays and I think he's being ill advised by his camp, too.

But next year, I'll be honest, I hope he gets paid big. He's an inspiration, a hard-worker and deserves to cash in, whether is here or somewhere else

I worked with a former pro football player for a few years and I found out that the players are not like that when it comes to salaries. They actually support other players who make a big score. There's also a big difference in the togetherness of a pro locker room compared to some other workplaces.

AND players are astute enough to realize the difference between RFA and UFA compensation.

Cooks is someone that really makes it difficult for a Defense to play Cover 1 against. He's very difficult to cover one on one as they have first hand knowledge when Butler was matched against him in training camp last year.
Yes, most seem to see this as a downfield threat, but I think Cooks' speed and ability to make you miss in the horizontal game is a huge strength. He's basically what Wallace used to be.

I think Brady loves Butler more. He told him so.

You don't know that, and if you believe the rumors to be true, BB would disagree with you.

BB just paid a CB who pats fans made fun of last year 40million guaranteed. He didn't offer butler anywhere near that. What does this say?

Hearing from my sources Saints will decide what to do with Brandin Cooks tomorrow afternoon. On an unrelated note

41j2cgEKFbL.jpg

people need to stop getting so attached to players except for Brady. NFL stands for not for long, and BB only cares about improving the team, not about loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents