PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolts better Top to Bottom of Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have TWO, maybe three great running backs compared to their Melvin Gordon.
And Austin Ekeler doesn't exist? Ekeler's been a very efficient change of pace back and puts up good rushing and passing numbers. An easy upgrade to Burkhead and not too far off from Michel (considering Ekeler's passing value).

We could lose tomorrow or against KC but if for some reason, we make it back to the super bowl and win it. It would be the sweetest because all of the pundits have been saying Brady has fallen off a cliff and that all of these afc teams are better than us and proving them wrong again would feel so good. It’s up to our team to seize that moment.

Odds r heavily against the Pats r.e. if they win tomorrow and go to KC...beating same team twice etc...

I think the Patriots would be at least 6 pt underdogs. This team hasn't looked good on the road all season.

We could lose tomorrow or against KC but if for some reason, we make it back to the super bowl and win it. It would be the sweetest because all of the pundits have been saying Brady has fallen off a cliff and that all of these afc teams are better than us and proving them wrong again would feel so good. It’s up to our team to seize that moment.

My heart wants to say the Pats will get to the SB. But my head says differently. There's zero deep threats on this team. The Tight end looks slow. He's gotten considerably worse at YAC. Edelman doesn't look like he's fully recovered from the injury. Michel is good. But not great. There's no game changers on defense except Flowers. But I'll never count them out. To win a SB with this roster would be BB's finest coaching job yet.

I don't have high expectations. Anything from here out is a success imo.

welp...may as well not even watch...Rod Woodhead..er..Woodson and his west coast fruitcake buddy David Caca..er..Carr...they just picked the Chargers because...the Patriots just aren't that good. So, we screwed because if anyone knows what "not good" is, it's this vacuous West LA semi-celebrity, David Kerr.

David Carr, he’s gotta be top 5 all time for something . . . maybe sacks in a season?

David Carr, he’s gotta be top 5 all time for something . . . maybe sacks in a season?
sacked 49 times in 2004...finished short career with 249 sacks...yeah,he's top something alright

I think the Patriots would be at least 6 pt underdogs. This team hasn't looked good on the road all season.
They’ve looked like complete garbage on the road this year, with a 3-5 record and losses to FIVE non-playoff teams.

That said, there’s no way the NEP are going to be 6 point underdogs to any team if they make it that far, be it AFC title game or SB. They’d be around 3 point underdogs to KC and smaller underdogs at a neutral site (SB). Maybe a point or two.

My heart wants to say the Pats will get to the SB. But my head says differently. There's zero deep threats on this team. The Tight end looks slow. He's gotten considerably worse at YAC. Edelman doesn't look like he's fully recovered from the injury. Michel is good. But not great. There's no game changers on defense except Flowers. But I'll never count them out. To win a SB with this roster would be BB's finest coaching job yet.

I don't have high expectations. Anything from here out is a success imo.
There wasn't a deep threat in 2014 or 2016. Cooks wasn't needed to put up over 500 yards vs Eagles last year.

Like I said before. It comes down to how our CBs match up with their WRs. That is the ball game.

Someone could also argue our OL vs their DL is a huge match up but i'm not so sure. The Pats should have the ability to dump off to RBs at will this game. That SHOULD make their pass rush matter a lot less. If I was the Patriots I would come out in the hurry up offense with a lot of White and Burkhead. I wouldn't run Michel until the 2nd quarter and only for a change of pace to gives our offense a break. When Michel is on the field they are better off faking a hand off and passing to him than running with him IMO.

I want Brady to throw 50 times this game and get it out in under 2 seconds 80% of the time. As I said. The issue with the Chargers is they are top heavy. If any of their 5 defense stars get tired or need to take a play off that is a HUGE deal.

So you’re judging Bosa on how Chandler Jones has played? Sounds about right.

Or maybe I'm judging Flowers against Jones, who has a pretty good run going on par with Bosa.

Guys gets 13 sacks - wowza.

That's 13 plays. 13 plays in 16 games, with possibly several coming in one game. What about the other, what, 700? BB's got it exactly right,a s usual - overrated stat. Flowers gets pressure all the time. And he sets the edge. He's elite. He's as good a D-lineman as the Pats have seen since Vince or Seymour, and I hope the Pats pay him and keep him.

Talking about beating, do you beat off twice a day?
He only does that after a Patriots loss. With the other doom and gloomers.

The two worst starters on either offense are both on the Chargers offensive line. The worst starter(s) on either defense will be whoever the Chargers put at off-the-line linebacker. This isn’t top to bottom at all. People are just ignoring the Chargers’ major holes because they’re talented at the flashier positions.
Update: The eleven worst starters on either offense are the Chargers, and the eleven worst starters on either defense are the Chargers.

Guess it’s the best team and not the most talented. This game has been very very enjoyable.

We forgot that football isn't 1v1 - and in particular, it isn't TEvTE, DTvDT, etc. It's not really even 11v11: we look a million times better coached / better prepared then they do. (They just showed on the halftime show that SD lined up with 10 guys on a defensive goal line play, lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST