PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blake Bortles on verge of losing job to Chad Henne

They should have tried to trade for Jimmy G. I think their defense is too talented to get the #1 pick

They should have tried to trade for Jimmy G. I think their defense is too talented to get the #1 pick
They shouldn't play for the #1 pick. Marone should be creating a winning culture. Trying to lose to get a pick is stupid, counterproductive and literally has never worked.

The only reason it's a thing is becauae teams in the NBA try to do it knowing all their players and coaches will be gone in a year or 2.
In the NFL there are too many players to get away with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if BB had thrown in the towel after Bledsoe went down... i can't ever imagine BB tanking a season.

Bortles is putrid. They should cut bait.

They shouldn't play for the #1 pick. Marone should be creating a winning culture. Trying to lose to get a pick is stupid, counterproductive and literally has never worked.

The only reason it's a thing is becauae teams in the NBA try to do it knowing all their players and coaches will be gone in a year or 2.
In the NFL there are too many players to get away with that.

I agree (and it's not working in basketball), but i think with heir talent level they should have tried everything to get Jimmy

Jacksonville is a top candidate in my opinion for a Garrapolo trade this offseason. They have no long term QB, Coughlin and BB are friends and there's no way I see Coughlin wanting to start over with a rookie QB.

Jimmy is Brady's heir apparent

Jimmy is Brady's heir apparent
Let's not start this again. Jimmy will not accept 4 more years as a backup when another team will give him the chance to play.

I agree (and it's not working in basketball), but i think with heir talent level they should have tried everything to get Jimmy
Timing wasn't right. They still had bortles on a rookie contract with a 19 mill guaranteed contract next year. They have to give him a year with the new staff after what they have invested in him.
If the new coach doesn't get through camp without giving up on him then he does but this was the wrong time to trade a high pick for a different qb with questions.

If they move in from bortles there will be other QBs to bring in. JAG certainly isn't a once in a lifetime player

You think the 49ers are going to win a division with Seattle and Arizona in it? How? If they won 5 games it will be a miracle. They were probably worse than the browns last year and have done little to improve.

There is always a surprise team that comes out of thin air. I'm PROBABLY WRONG but that division just seems shaky. I think Goff is a jag and that Palmer likes to get hurt at the most inconvenient times. Arizona seems to fear success. Seattle is the juggernaut there, but I have always felt it is a matter of when not if a quarterback that constantly scrambles will get injured.
49ers are better by ridding themselves of Chip Kelly and Kap.

It will most likely be Seattle to win this division, but I think 9-7 will be enough to win that division if Seattle gets off to a rough start. Also, I'm reaching almost delusional levels here, but the Browns look better than the Ravens at the moment lol.

There is always a surprise team that comes out of thin air. I'm PROBABLY WRONG but that division just seems shaky. I think Goff is a jag and that Palmer likes to get hurt at the most inconvenient times. Arizona seems to fear success. Seattle is the juggernaut there, but I have always felt it is a matter of when not if a quarterback that constantly scrambles will get injured.
49ers are better by ridding themselves of Chip Kelly and Kap.

It will most likely be Seattle to win this division, but I think 9-7 will be enough to win that division if Seattle gets off to a rough start. Also, I'm reaching almost delusional levels here, but the Browns look better than the Ravens at the moment lol.
You could have the 4 worst teams in the NFL in that division and SF wouldn't win it.
And yes Cleveland is putting together a team. Not this year probably not next but by 2019 they will be a playoff team.

Bortles was named the starter.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back