PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quarterbacks Thankful That They Have A Job

I think it's 100% clear there's collusion to keep Kaepernick out of Pro Football. Kaepernick is better than a lot of these backups and even some of the starters.
Just because he is better than some current players doesn't mean there is collusion.

The man's backup level talent just isn't worth the headache and distraction he would bring to any team that signed him. Distractions are cancers for football teams - and most teams don't have a Coach Belichick working for them to minimize the level of distraction.

You've got a lot'f Soul, Brother Con...But your blithely dismissing those'f us who're offended that that ScumBag wore socks that insulted every Cop alive ~ men and women who go Into Harm's Way to defend our loved ones ~ disgraces you.

I beg'f you to reconsider that perspective.

Calling people who put their lives on the line to protect and defend you and me pigs?

Yeah, that's offensive - and deliberately so. Anyone who doesn't recognize it as an offensive gesture is the Queen of Denial, your highness.

I don't think I am blithely dismissing anything. And of course it's offensive and mean-spirited. But I do take issue with the extremist level that people pretend to be offended. That hypocrisy drives me insane.

The people who pretend to be outraged are usually the ones who say far worse things about the police if they get pulled over. And when they see a cop say things like "we only kill black people," they shrug it off, but a pig on a sock??? HAVE YOU NO HUMANITY???

Really, it's the ridiculous level people take things to. You want to be annoyed, go for it. But don't act like it's destroyed your faith in humanity.

I don't know of a single police officer who would cry over this the way some people here are acting. Yeah, it's a dig at them. Do you think any cop is shedding tears over it or screaming in tears the way I see some people here?

Cops have to be better than that. And they sign up for one of the most unpopular jobs in the world, not to mention one of the most dangerous. But to be honest, I get far more offended watching city councils cut police budgets and putting their lives at risk more than I do about somebody wearing pig socks. And I think most officers would agree with that.

So just measure your outrage appropriately. If you're truly that hurt about the socks, then I expect to see you at city hall next time there's a round of cutbacks to the police because that's far worse in my books.

I don't think I am blithely dismissing anything. And of course it's offensive and mean-spirited. But I do take issue with the extremist level that people pretend to be offended. That hypocrisy drives me insane.

The people who pretend to be outraged are usually the ones who say far worse things about the police if they get pulled over. And when they see a cop say things like "we only kill black people," they shrug it off, but a pig on a sock??? HAVE YOU NO HUMANITY???

Really, it's the ridiculous level people take things to. You want to be annoyed, go for it. But don't act like it's destroyed your faith in humanity.

I don't know of a single police officer who would cry over this the way some people here are acting. Yeah, it's a dig at them. Do you think any cop is shedding tears over it or screaming in tears the way I see some people here?

Cops have to be better than that. And they sign up for one of the most unpopular jobs in the world, not to mention one of the most dangerous. But to be honest, I get far more offended watching city councils cut police budgets and putting their lives at risk more than I do about somebody wearing pig socks. And I think most officers would agree with that.

So just measure your outrage appropriately. If you're truly that hurt about the socks, then I expect to see you at city hall next time there's a round of cutbacks to the police because that's far worse in my books.

I badly misjudged you, as all the lies and raw sewage you just spewed have made clear.

It's amusingly ironic that you're working yourself up into a frenzied lather while accusing others of doing precisely the same. However, just because I dismissively and contemptuously recognize that Kaepernick is scum doesn't mean that I'm in a twist about it. Quite the opposite, in fact. He's beneath my notice.

...As, I now see, are you.

Last edited:
I badly misjudged you, as all the lies and raw sewage you just spewed have made clear.

It's amusingly ironic that you're working yourself up into a frenzied lather while accusing others of doing precisely the same. However, just because I dismissively and contemptuously recognize that Kaepernick is scum doesn't mean that I'm in a twist about it. Quite the opposite, in fact. He's beneath my notice.

...As, I now see, are you.

Meh, this is classic modern day America. I disagree with you, I don't want to understand why, you're just below me.

I do take issue with your accusations of lies. I don't lie. I might be wrong. But I don't intentionally misrepresent things.

So if you feel like something I've said is wrong, I am open to hearing why. And if you have a point, I am open to changing my thoughts and opinions.

Many people who claim they are outraged by the pig socks aren't. They hate Kaepernick, so anything he does, they hate even more. The action is not what's significant, it's the feelings towards the person.

It's like when your best friend tells you an off-colour joke. You probably laugh. But if someone you don't like says the same joke at a party, you shake your head in disbelief. Again, it's not the action, but the person who did it.

People use the socks as a reason to totally ignore everything related to Kaepernick. And that's just sad. There are important things to talk about, and using socks as an excuse to avoid awkward conversations is ridiculous.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back