PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G interview in SI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes wish that Jimmy didn't exist or at least wasn't on the team.

He adds unnecessary noise to the fourth quarter of Tom Brady's career, and everybody knows how transcendental a Tom Brady fourth quarter can be.

Death by exile might a bit beyond his aspirations
Well, what does "death by exile" even mean? Belichick controls the Patriots, not the other 31. I am assuming that he wouldn't franchise an "exiled" player so if he "exiles" Garoppolo, he will have no control whatsoever regarding where Garoppolo goes next year.

Garoppolo wants to be a UFA (and I don't blame him). Teams aren't going to shy away from him just because he spent a year in Belichick's doghouse.

stick-figure-typing-o.gif

So the Patriots are "that big" and "that important" that SI is doing articles and interviews with the backup ****ing quarterback...

Wonder if Zolak ever did SI...or Matt Cavanuagh

These media schittbags (Albert especially) really need to find other stuff in the preseason...and now we know almost everything attributed to a "Patriots' source" from Breer will be coming from Garapollo.....

Well, what does "death by exile" even mean? Belichick controls the Patriots, not the other 31. I am assuming that he wouldn't franchise an "exiled" player so if he "exiles" Garoppolo, he will have no control whatsoever regarding where Garoppolo goes next year.

Death by exile means death. BB has killed people y'know...

Death by exile means death. BB has killed people y'know...
Ah. I was under the impression it was a metaphor for completely removing him from the teams current and future plans.

I cannot say I anticipate a homicide taking place, though I would agree such an outcome would not be ideal for Garoppolo.

Ah. I was under the impression it was a metaphor for completely removing him from the teams current and future plans.

I cannot say I anticipate a homicide taking place, though I would agree such an outcome would not be ideal for Garoppolo.
Yea realistically it's s cut or trade.

Only medphorical example might be Mangini.

While Glenn and Collins caused problems, I don't think BB has a vendetta towards them.

Unless we force the GOAT out early, Garoppolo is eventually leaving. He provides great depth and insurance here while he's here, but he's not starting over Brady unless something very unexpected happens.

You could make an argument for forcing just about any other quarterback out of his job in favor of the young model. But at the end of the day, you can't do that to the GOAT unless you have some kind of reason to, and there just isn't one right now.

I think our next starting quarterback is not on the roster right now.

I sometimes wish that Jimmy didn't exist or at least wasn't on the team.

He adds unnecessary noise to the fourth quarter of Tom Brady's career, and everybody knows how transcendental a Tom Brady fourth quarter can be.

I don't have any problem with Garrapolo, only with his supporters making ridiculous claims about him. He knows their offense completely and he's got talent but claims about him being "a ten year franchise quarterback" are way too premature. Every QB, no matter who they are, has to go through serious adversity and come out the other side of it to prove they can deal with everything that will be thrown at them. Beyond that he has to show he can take the beating that goes with being a starting QB in the NFL. If he can do all that and play the way he did during the brief time he replaced Brady then he can be a really good NFL QB.

Where on earth do you get that? Garrapolo answers a few questions in as benign a way as possible and all of a sudden he's a bad guy and a bad teammate?

Sarcasm...was poking fun at the original thread title as well as the chucking his teammates under the bus thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News