PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Highest Paid Coach in North American Sports at $20m per

So what youre saying is he didnt throw a game ending interception and the offense scored 37 points?

i’m saying he (and the team) got lucky.. not hard to figure out.

Im having a hard time trying to figure out your point...The defense sucked and the offense saved them. Imagine if that super bowl never happened, youd be really desperate to find some credit for Bill

The AFCE and the AFC in general from 2000-2020 did not have a whole lot of competition, so I'm not sure I agree
So for 20 years, the AFC just flat-out stunk...?

You do realize the AFC won 7 Super Bowls from 2000 to 2010 (Patriots won three of them), and six from 2011-2020 (Patriots won three of those). That's 13 of 20 - more than half in each decade.

Not to my knowledge, no. It became a thing a while back that as soon as Rodgers is mentioned in a thread, @RobertWeathers or I post Lily. I don't know when it started, but it's been a couple years. There's was a thread that was about Rodgers off the field life I think, (or it de-evolved into one) and it was all pretty girls. Lily just became a thing.

Watch your mouth on dissing her lower half.
Friday Night Lights Wink GIF by Crave
Okay, thanks.

No offense meant to anyone but a big butt and thunder thighs is not attractive to me. Never was. I was surprised and now I know why we don't see below the waist shots of her in the AT&T adds.

So what youre saying is he didnt throw a game ending interception and the offense scored 37 points?
Doesn't matter what you say, BTW. Just an FYI when you get him backed up, he's going to flip the goalposts on you. I'll give him credit - he's the master of that and I feel like he's got a spreadsheet somewhere he pulls from whenever he gets knee deep in these arguments, which is amazing for a guy who touted Brady so highly prior to his name change. :rolleyes:

Some females have problems in that all their weight goes there. Two of my best girl friends are like that. It's very insulting to a woman and very insensitive.
Really?

Target and Old Navy must not have gotten the memo

Last edited:
Enough with Tom vs Bill, Bill should be fired for an unnamed guy or Bill should stay because "it worked for the last 20 years".

Let's talk about what Bill needs to do to right the ship. If you don't think he can, who else replaces him?

Does Kraft have a sit down with Bill and ask what the plan is going forward? What do you think the plan should be?

What does he do in FA? Who does he re-sign? Should he re-sign anyone? This will be very interesting.

Does Kraft force Bill to get more experienced coaches and end the "friends and family staff?"

Does Bill O'Brien decide to ditch Saban and join BB in NE?

Does Jon Robinson return? How about giving Dimitroff a call?

What do they do with Mac?

If for some shocking reason Kraft moves on from Bill, who do they target?

The AFCE and the AFC in general from 2000-2020 did not have a whole lot of competition, so I'm not sure I agree
Brady was saved in that AFCCG by Dee Ford...let's not kid ourselves
He threw what would have been a game ending interception and got saved because a guy decided to line up in the nuetral zone instead of a foot back.
I mean ************... this nonsense.

Relentless irrational desire to discredit Brady has led someone to actual claim the entire Patriots dynasty was due to a lack of competition. Is it possible to come up with a more critical assessment of Brady, Belichick and really just the entire Patriots organization?

And there was nothing lucky about converting three consecutive 3rd-10s for an overtime victory on the road in the AFCCG.

No I don't, especially if he brings ANY of his Unqualified slappies with him.
Oh...so Matty P and Joe Judge are so bad that they would ruin Josh Allen?

Methinks Josh Allen would still kick ass regardless.

Owners own.
Coaches coach.
Players play.
Waterboys get water.
Fans *****.

That's how it goes....

Fans looking at a .500 season and demanding a six time Super Bowl winning coach's head on a plate. Yeah, you all lack perspective. Thank the stars you don't run this team. God forbid we ever finish 5-12 or worse.

Oh...so Matty P and Joe Judge are so bad that they would ruin Josh Allen?

Methinks Josh Allen would still kick ass regardless.

Owners own.
Coaches coach.
Players play.
Waterboys get water.
Fans *****.

That's how it goes....

Fair enough, though it certainly doesn't speak well of Corky's inability to rise above his coaches then.

Marv Levy did OK with the Bills despite all of those SB losses.
He did do relatively fine in his 70s, not great but fine...Those super bowl appearances were not a part of that though

Fans looking at a .500 season and demanding a six time Super Bowl winning coach's head on a plate. Yeah, you all lack perspective. Thank the stars you don't run this team. God forbid we ever finish 5-12 or worse.
Either way, the end is coming in a few years. Wait until whatever the next chapter is and we lose a close game due to some horribly questionable coaching decisions late. People will forget about seasons like this and will instead be recalling Belichick's time here far more fondly, I'm sure ;)

You do realize the AFC won 7 Super Bowls from 2000 to 2010 (Patriots won three of them), and six from 2011-2020 (Patriots won three of those). That's 13 of 20 - more than half in each decade.

Pretty much. What other top teams were in the AFC for those 20 years other than Manning's Colts/Broncos or Roethlisburger's Steelers? Mahomes and Allen didn't come into the picture until later in Brady's career.

New England's formula for success for the most part was (1) get the 1 seed, (2) beat up a lower seeded team, (3) beat a good but not great team in the AFCCG, and (4) get to and/or win the super bowl.

The AFC has dominated the NFC in head to head over the years but because of a crazy run in the 80's and 90's had an edge in SB wins. There was some talk that SF and Dallas may have violated the salary cap rules back then. The AFC finally tied up the SB series with the Pats win in 2018 and KCs in 2019 but the NFC went back ahead with the TB and LA wins.

Even this season, in spite of having many more home games than the AFC the NFC is only 1 game ahead. The NFC is far weaker than the AFC in spite of that record. We can see that with the fact that 7 teams in the NFC have 8-10 losses and are out of the playoffs while the AFC has only 4. What really gave the overall head to head matchup to the NFC is the 2-13 record that the AFCS has against the NFCE.

Funny that you'd post that picture. I was watching the boob tube the other day with my wife and an add came on with her that showed her whole body, not just what we normally see of her, like in that pic. She has an extremely unattractive lower half. Is Rodgers dating her?
She mentioned a while ago she stopped showing her lower half in commercials so people online can't doctor her photos for inappropriate uses or something like that. It didn't make sense as there's plenty of photos of her showing off the good of her upper half.
Really?

Target and Old Navy must have not gotten the memo

I love that commercial because it was guaranteed to trigger people. I posted that on here when it first came out as they had this on a national televised primetime football game. WTF was Old Navy thinking?

Pretty much. What other top teams were in the AFC for those 20 years other than Manning's Colts/Broncos or Roethlisburger's Steelers? Mahomes and Allen didn't come into the picture until later in Brady's career.

New England's formula for success for the most part was (1) get the 1 seed, (2) beat up a lower seeded team, (3) beat a good but not great team in the AFCCG, and (4) get to and/or win the super bowl.
Thats something that theyve had a problem with in 2000, 2008, 2020-22...Wonder what changed

Doesn't matter what you say, BTW. Just an FYI when you get him backed up, he's going to flip the goalposts on you. I'll give him credit - he's the master of that and I feel like he's got a spreadsheet somewhere he pulls from whenever he gets knee deep in these arguments, which is amazing for a guy who touted Brady so highly prior to his name change. :rolleyes:
Hes not very good at them, because facts arent on his side...Thats a key element of debate, pick and choose the battles. Didnt know him before though, he was a Big Brady fan?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back