PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Highest Paid Coach in North American Sports at $20m per

Okay, thanks.

No offense meant to anyone but a big butt and thunder thighs is not attractive to me. Never was. I was surprised and now I know why we don't see below the waist shots of her in the AT&T adds.
I will not sit here whilst you besmirch and disrespect Lily.
AdeptFloweryBlackfootedferret-max-1mb.gif

I think that one we can have a good debate over.

The most important thing for a young QB is surrounding him with talent, good coaching and a system he can learn and the HC being patient.

Buffalo invested heavily into Allen and the talent around him. See Diggs and the other players on offense like Knox, Singleton, etc.

Daboll was OC...a legit OC mind you who ran an offense and called plays Allen was comfortable with.

Culley and Dorsey his position coaches.

Allen did not have a good rookie year but did improve in Year 2. Clearly the operation worked.

Does Allen have a decent rookie year in 2018 if you drop him in Foxboro replacing TB12 in 2018 with a Super Bowl contending roster at his disposal with Josh as OC and Jerry Schumplinski as QB coach? Most likely.

Does Allen have a decent rookie year in 2022 if you drop him in Foxboro replacing Mac in 202 with an OK roster at his disposal with Fat Matt as OC and Judge Dread as QB coach? Less than likely.

I think he would have a ****ty rookie year regardless.... at that point he was just a big farm kid who played some ball at Wyoming.

A better argument would be...what if we traded Mac to Buffalo for Allen...just for the final 5 games? I think we go 5-0. Just to have him as a rushing threat would solve a lot of our offensive problems...we would see light boxes that Rham could feast off on....Agholor/Parker/Borune would get wide open when Allen bootlegs.

Man, Belichick would tell you the same....it's all the players. What I am seeing on our team is lack of EXECUTION. Coaching could be better...but if players execute...it doesn't matter....hell K.C. Jones read the paper during every practice for the '86 Celtics....didn't hurt any!

OK, I'm going to put an end to this because it's just ridiculous, and it isn't going anywhere. All it's doing is raising the blood pressure of myself and some others in here, so for the sake of everyone's personal and mental health, I'm removing MAC10 from the thread, so let's get this back on track.
Ok Ian....We were talking about fat people and derailed threads. I have to go there.

right-track.gif

OK, I'm going to put an end to this because it's just ridiculous, and it isn't going anywhere. All it's doing is raising the blood pressure of myself and some others in here, so for the sake of everyone's personal and mental health, I'm removing MAC10 from the thread, so let's get this back on track.
The Addams Family Applause GIF

Imagine if the story about Even Rothstein is true?? The passing game designer.
Again, it's not that the plays are untenable, it's the totality of the scheme, and inability to adapt and create more team-appropriate plans week-to-week. That's what JMD was actually good at.
If we see 10 more 0-gain rushes on 1st down @AZ, I'll crap my pants. We'll be on a fast track, it's time to start up-tempo and let Mac run the shotgun pass game from the top. It's the only thing we can do half decent right now. If you keep the pace fast, and don't let the D rotate, you can still jump under center and run with Rham on 2nd/3rd and short.

Pretty much. What other top teams were in the AFC for those 20 years other than Manning's Colts/Broncos or Roethlisburger's Steelers? Mahomes and Allen didn't come into the picture until later in Brady's career.

New England's formula for success for the most part was (1) get the 1 seed, (2) beat up a lower seeded team, (3) beat a good but not great team in the AFCCG, and (4) get to and/or win the super bowl.
Other than Manning's Colts? No less than 12 wins 2003-2009. Don't forget about Manning's time with the Broncos (12 or more wins for four seasons). Pittsburgh was at least competitive for entirety of the Patriots dynasty. We knocked them out after 15-1 season. The San Diego Chargers had several very good teams. Baltimore. Kansas City with and without Mahomes. Patriots dominated the AFC and NFL for the better part of 20 seasons. To a degree not ever duplicated by another franchise. Unprecedented accomplishment, especially for the quarterback and head coach who were there for all of it.

I think he would have a ****ty rookie year regardless.... at that point he was just a big farm kid who played some ball at Wyoming.

A better argument would be...what if we traded Mac to Buffalo for Allen...just for the final 5 games? I think we go 5-0. Just to have him as a rushing threat would solve a lot of our offensive problems...we would see light boxes that Rham could feast off on....Agholor/Parker/Borune would get wide open when Allen bootlegs.

Man, Belichick would tell you the same....it's all the players. What I am seeing on our team is lack of EXECUTION. Coaching could be better...but if players execute...it doesn't matter....hell K.C. Jones read the paper during every practice for the '86 Celtics....didn't hurt any!
OK your argument is Fat Matt handling a fully-developed QB like Allen as opposed to a developing one like Mac.

I still think the playcalling sucks and since he won't be able to pick up the offense in a couple of practices Allen will do a lot of running.

5-0 seems like a stretch since this is a stupid team regardless.

So you confirm that there isnt success on record for coaches into their 70s...close isnt relative...Theres a sample of coaches in their 70s, and its not successful...Coaches dont improve as they get into their older years, You can see BB declining as we speak...coincidence?

Just pointing out that for some reason BB is judged on his past and others arent

I will agree that there is scant evidence of successful NFL coaches in their 70's. Even BB said that he didn't want to coach in his 70's. Nonetheless, medical science is far better than it used to be...we now have a 45 year old QB playing every game of a 17 game season.... cognitive decline is what we are looking at here...and BB may have forgetten some ****...but he definitely has forgotten MORE football than all of us on this forum will ever know combined.

BB should be judged for his past. If anyone gets a pass...it's Belichick. Six friggin' Lombardis as a HC...plus 2 more as a coordinator....

1670439506745.gif

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
I will agree that there is scant evidence of successful NFL coaches in their 70's. Even BB said that he didn't want to coach in his 70's. Nonetheless, medical science is far better than it used to be...we now have a 45 year old QB playing every game of a 17 game season.... cognitive decline is what we are looking at here...and BB may have forgetten some ****...but he definitely has forgotten MORE football than all of us on this forum will ever know combined.

BB should be judged for his past. If anyone gets a pass...it's Belichick. Six friggin' Lombardis as a HC...plus 2 more as a coordinator....
So you wanted them to pay Brady then? Using the same standard

So you wanted them to pay Brady then? Using the same standard

I didn't want Brady to leave personally...but understood the economics of it...if anything...we should have paid him back in 2017.

But I am not sure we would be Superbowl contenders with Brady in 2020, 2021, and 2022....even if we paid him in 2017.

Enough with Tom vs Bill, Bill should be fired for an unnamed guy or Bill should stay because "it worked for the last 20 years".

Let's talk about what Bill needs to do to right the ship. If you don't think he can, who else replaces him?

If for some shocking reason Kraft moves on from Bill, who do they target?
Plenty of coaching prospects to choose from.

If Bill goes then they need to find a GM first. Does the GM/personnel keep Bill's vision of a serviceable QB with a strong running game and good defense or do they try to move to a more explosive offensive system with much higher upside and much lower downside? I think that will matter when picking a coach.

I didn't want Brady to leave personally...but understood the economics of it...if anything...we should have paid him back in 2017.

But I am not sure we would be Superbowl contenders with Brady in 2020, 2021, and 2022....even if we paid him in 2017.
They could have, they just would have needed to kick the can further down the road, and they would have just paid for it after he left, just like they did this time around. I mean, they did it for 20-years and the system didn't change, and that's how it would have had to have worked then as well.

Plenty of coaching prospects to choose from.

If Bill goes then a GM needs to be found first. Do they keep Bill's vision of a serviceable QB with a strong running game and good defense or do they try to move to a more explosive system? I think that will matter when picking a coach.
I think they promote Groh and try and keep who they have there.

Reactions: sb1
At least youre consistent, but logically, theres no reason to not have paid him if we are consistent
Sure they wouldve, no reason to believe otherwise

• Agree
OK your argument is Fat Matt handling a fully-developed QB like Allen as opposed to a developing one like Mac.

I still think the playcalling sucks and since he won't be able to pick up the offense in a couple of practices Allen will do a lot of running.

5-0 seems like a stretch since this is a stupid team regardless.

Not sure that Mac's development was stunted by Matt/Joe. The reason I think Allen would work is because his game is suited to having a bad OL forcing defenses to flush him out of the pocket. Mac is a statute like Brady/Bledsoe. I don't see him being inaccurate...I see him being unable to set his feet.

Now you could argue that it is our zone blocking scheme, or the failed Wynn RT experiement, or the lack of a RT currently, or the Shaq Mason trade (he is so-so in Tampa, BTW from what I have seen), Andrews missing 2 games, etc...etc...

Let's see how the season plays out...now that we have Andrews back under center and I assume that we'll be benching McDermott and playing Cajuste at RT on Monday. And Trent Brown cannot get the flu again, right?

I think they promote Groh and try and keep who they have there.
I'd be happy with that. Has a good eye for talent.

They could have, they just would have needed to kick the can further down the road, and they would have just paid for it after he left, just like they did this time around. I mean, they did it for 20-years and the system didn't change, and that's how it would have had to have worked then as well.
They didnt pay Brady in 2020, because of "money/cap", once he signed in TB, they franchised Thuney, signed McCourty and extended Chung...Immediately...The money is never an issue.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back