PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Payton replaces Bill Belichick as the highest-paid coach in America

I'd imagine that Belichick will pull back ahead with a pact averaging around 8--8.5 if/when he signs an extension to remain here.

Speaking of that, does anyone know any of the approximations of his current deal? I know that it's always hush, hush with Belichick and his deals, and that they are often reported after the fact, but IIRC he signed his extension at the beginning of the 2007 season.

I was under the impression that extension was for 5 yrs, and that he had one last year going into that, but I could be wrong. If that's the case then he's due at the end of this season.

Of course we can always find out that he may have already signed an extension sometime this off-season, but that's optimistically speaking. I hope it doesn't come down to having to worry about it.

So after doing some minor digging around on the web, I came up with what we basically already knew: Belichick's extension during the 2007 season guaranteed him here in N.England through 2013, so unless he's agreed to a new deal behind closed doors, which is possible, his pact would end at the conclusion of this upcoming season.

I also found this interesting gem from Forbes magazine, who publishes the list that the OP and story was based on...and get this--it's a complete guess.

The reported "7.5" million that Belichick makes cannot be proven by any source, and the article even states that the feel that the 7.5 number is probably too little.

Forbes has no idea what Bill Belichick makes - NFL.com

Getting correct info about Bill's contract details reminds me of waiting for news about a Soviet premier's death.

I think Bill a better coach than Sean and thus should be paid more.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back