PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Highest Paid Coach in North American Sports at $20m per

He beat the Patriots in the playoffs as Browns HC

Yep; don't know how I forgot that, it was the last Pats game my dad ever watched... Must've been thinking of his time with the Pats only...

Funny that you'd post that picture. I was watching the boob tube the other day with my wife and an add came on with her that showed her whole body, not just what we normally see of her, like in that pic. She has an extremely unattractive lower half. Is Rodgers dating her?

This is coming from an 70 year man? Any guy would be lucky to have her.

You're right of course, and I've corrected that post to indicate his PO win vs the Parcells Pats from the '94 season...

Parcells would have won at least 10-12 Super Bowls with Brady. He wouldn't have had all those wasted seasons.

Why is he the highest paid coach in the league? Shouldnt it be based off of your present/future contributions?
That's easy to answer. You see he became the highest paid coach in the league while he was winning 6 SBs. He's still Employed and no one else has achieved enough to get paid more than him.
Unless your going to completely change coaching pay structure across the league to some sort of incentive program or variable pay structure or you know a good fortune teller I'm not sure if there's any other way. I'm open to suggestions?

I don't know why any sane individual would question why Bill gets paid what he does. It's pretty obvious he's earned that. Obviously that doesn't last forever but why he's currently highest highest is not a mystery.

Parcells would have won at least 10-12 Super Bowls with Brady. He wouldn't have had all those wasted seasons.
Parcels never would of won anything without Belichick

That's easy to answer. You see he became the highest paid coach in the league while he was winning 6 SBs. He's still Employed and no one else has achieved enough to get paid more than him.
Again, youre basing his current salary off of what he didnt years ago...Why isnt he held to the same standard...theres a good handful of coaches outperforming him weekly and yearly
Unless your going to completely change coaching pay structure across the league to some sort of incentive program or variable pay structure or you know a good fortune teller I'm not sure if there's any other way. I'm open to suggestions?

I don't know why any sane individual would question why Bill gets paid what he does. It's pretty obvious he's earned that. Obviously that doesn't last forever but why he's currently highest highest is not a mystery.
I am asking why hes not held to the same standard as he holds his players? Can you tell me? Since when have they paid top dollar for something that a player used to be?

Parcels never would of won anything without Belichick
And you are fair to say this, then youd acknowledge Bill has had 0 success without Brady?

Funny that you'd post that picture. I was watching the boob tube the other day with my wife and an add came on with her that showed her whole body, not just what we normally see of her, like in that pic. She has an extremely unattractive lower half. Is Rodgers dating her?
I didn't find her lower half unattractive at all... Room was a little dark though, but still...

That's inappropriate for him to say. Sexism at its finest.
I have 3 daughters. Body shaming is the #1 psychologically damaging thing to do to young women.

...but it is ok to say "Fat Matt" :p he can take it.

It does impact fans (and players by what we're hearing) if the money results in ineffective coaching. One of my wife's sayings is "you get what you pay for" and in this case Bill paid nothing and we got what he paid for.
It doesn't have any impact whatsoever

Again, youre basing his current salary off of what he didnt years ago...Why isnt he held to the same standard...theres a good handful of coaches outperforming him weekly and yearly

I am asking why hes not held to the same standard as he holds his players? Can you tell me? Since when have they paid top dollar for something that a player used to be?
There's no cap for coaches and nothing outlined in the league rules so the two aren't comparable.

You'd have to ask the other 31 owners why they don't think their coach is as valuable as Bill.

If Kraft has better coach than Bill than he should replace him. How's that for keeping standards the same between player and coach hiring?

Hate how Tuna left and acted after he left but he did set Dynasty 1.0 up with so many playmakers on the defensive side of the ball.

Lets put it this way, prove that he wouldve won super bowls or anything with any other quarterback, and Ill prove to you he hasnt...Which leads to the conversation at hand...Why is he the highest paid coach in the league? Shouldnt it be based off of your present/future contributions?
Only Brady could score more than 3 points against the Rams! Only Brady.

Heck, the Patriots played 3 of the top 10 offenses in NFL history in Super Bowls. They gave up a total of 40 points combined for all 3 games.

There's no cap for coaches and nothing outlined in the league rules so the two aren't comparable.
Again, Robert has a budget...He isnt into wasting money on his business for no reason...Maybe Bill should take a pay cut
If Kraft has better coach than Bill than he should replace him. How's that for keeping standards the same between player and coach hiring?
Or just restructure his contract, we dont base salaries off of past performance here right? Thats why Brady isnt here i thought

Right.

Bob paying BB $20m is irrelevant because he is paying to dollar for a top head coach. Hes doing the best he can to procure top talent.

Now, if Bob made it a policy to be a cheapskate and pay head coaches the lowest in the game and miss out on top coaches then it is our proverbial business.
Somebody made the decision to bring in coaches that they don't have to pay and they're doing poorly. It could have been either Bill or Bob. If I had to guess I'd say it was Bill's decision. Bob seems like the type who wouldn't interfere with Bill, plus, everything that Bob touches turns to gold.

Only Brady could score more than 3 points against the Rams! Only Brady.

Heck, the Patriots played 3 of the top 10 offenses in NFL history in Super Bowls. They gave up a total of 40 points combined for all 3 games.
Hey, I guess anybody couldve went into KC and scored 37 while the defense let up 31 points in a half! Easy peasy! You start the season in the super bowl around here!

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back