PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

.Here is the thing if it came to any WR vs Parsons. You go with Parsons EVERY time. You go with the player who can make and impact on EVERY defensive play. the problem with every WR no matter how great is that 99% can be defended and minimized, The pats have proven over the years that is a COMBINATION of decent receivers make an offense go. THe

i agree with the general philosophy, but an elite WR even if they're being defended usually open up the offense for everyone else

So while that individual player is statistically being shut out, he's still performing at an elite level by drawing more coverage from the defense which allows other players to be more productive

If a WR is triple covered all game and has 0 catches, that's still an elite game from them where they earned their paycheck

I’d be ecstatic with Shi Smith there. That’s a kid who can instantly come in and become an impact player in the slot. Or he could move to the Z with Meyers in the slot, depending on the defensive look and personnel grouping.

I've seen Shi Smith fall really far in a lot of mocks, Bacon has him as a 2nd rounder and I've consistently seem him in like rounds 4-5 or later in virtually every mock I've done

Could be a steal in day 2/3

This seems like a very likely scenario for the Patriots if they sit still at #15

Its basically my nightmare scenario, I'd probably go with Paye in this situation, or just bite the bullet and take a Darrisaw

Is the huge knock on Barmore that he just doesn't have enough consistent tape/production on film, and is getting more hype for his play in the College playoffs?

1618263765829.png

This seems like a very likely scenario for the Patriots if they sit still at #15

Its basically my nightmare scenario, I'd probably go with Paye in this situation, or just bite the bullet and take a Darrisaw
Yeah that's probably the worst case scenario as well unless they think really high on of those players still available. I'd take Paye darrisaw or a trade down here as well as the best options.
Is the huge knock on Barmore that he just doesn't have enough consistent tape/production on film, and is getting more hype for his play in the College playoffs?
Next to inconsistency i would say, many expected a jump from him after he showed potential the previous season. He struggled against the run and pass rush moves need still development. He had good games in the PO also against the run he looked improved but compared to recent DT i think he is a late First prospect to me

This is great stuff about fields...I'd be really happy if we can Land him..excited for his second workout. Anyone knows who of the pats staff will attend his workout ?
I would assume Josh & maybe a scout. Bull might be too much of a giveaway if he's there?

CB, S & T have a possibility to be HUGE needs. Gonna be quite a few disappointed folks during this draft.

Why is it that after all these years - and all those feckin draft picks - Safety STILL has the possibility to be a huge need, or even any need?
Which I don't really buy anyway...

Screw that sh!t...Billy is no longer allowed to draft ANY MORE SAFETIES...He can sign them as UFAs & UDFAs if he wants...

This is what I'm saying. Justin Fields is what everyone thought early 2000's Madden video game Michael Vick was going to be. But don't even reply to this. Everyone keep pumping out idiotic info about how Fields is a bust or has off field issues or only makes 1st read throws. If anybody believes in a dual threat QB, this guy Field seems like the Neo out of all the prior failed prototypes. But whatever. Keep letting McDaniels text people who will all be busts, McDaniels being the worst at talent eval. SHHHH.....

Yeah could be. I guess the 49ers take Fields...
This is what I'm saying. Justin Fields is what everyone thought early 2000's Madden video game Michael Vick was going to be. But don't even reply to this. Everyone keep pumping out idiotic info about how Fields is a bust or has off field issues or only makes 1st read throws. If anybody believes in a dual threat QB, this guy Field seems like the Neo out of all the prior failed prototypes. But whatever. Keep letting McDaniels text people who will all be busts, McDaniels being the worst at talent eval. SHHHH.....

Lol. I think the fields interest by the pats could be a smoke screen. Have the 49ers draft him.

recommend the watch from 25:15 here - some nice thought process by Nate Tice re QBs WRs

I’d be ecstatic with Shi Smith there. That’s a kid who can instantly come in and become an impact player in the slot. Or he could move to the Z with Meyers in the slot, depending on the defensive look and personnel grouping.
Agree, two guys that stood out to me in the Senior Bowl were Smith and Amari Rodgers. Either or both of those guys would be a good thing. Generally you can't go wrong with a Clemson WR.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back