PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

I feel we should double dip at QB this year cause why not Mond or Mills in the second, Costello or Ehlinger in the 6th
Because Mond and Mills are not the type of prospects that you want to be banking on to be your franchise’s quarterback of the future, especially if the only guy standing in the way of significant playing time is Cam Newton and his bum shoulder. There’s a reason those two are being projected for the 2nd-3rd round range and not lumped in with the guys expected to go early in the first round. You’d be passing up on better overall prospects at other positions in the process. As for Costello/Ehlinger they’d be PS bound if even that.

Pats need to draft for depth at OT (Wynn and Brown FA next year), CB (Gilmore and Jackson FA next year), ILB (Hightower FA next year), S, EDGE, RB (White and Michel FA next year) as well as QB. And I don’t expect BB to keep all 10 picks, he’ll want to have room for undrafted rookies as well. He will probably package some to move up this year or into next year. Drafting two QB’s who are outside shots to be NFL starters seems like a waste of resources.

I still feel that #46 is about 30 picks too early for both Mills & Mond...Damn those idiots at Kraft Productions...
So since Waddle was hurt and hasn't run for a pro day, what happens if the Patriots pick him and he never recovers? Is he still a great pick, or is that on Bill?

I still feel that #46 is about 30 picks too early for both Mills & Mond...Damn those idiots at Kraft Productions...
The guys at Kraft Productions aren't the problem. It was the Browns who failed to inform the Bengals that the Kraft Productions people were there. It was the Browns stadium. It's not the Kraft Productions people who are responsible for informing other teams what goes on in other stadiums.. That's just asinine. Which is why Goodell did it.. Because he is doing his utmost to screw the Patriots.

So since Waddle was hurt and hasn't run for a pro day, what happens if the Patriots pick him and he never recovers? Is he still a great pick, or is that on Bill?

Bill needs an honest ass-essment of Waddle's condition from his buddy Nick...If anyone's in a position to know his NFL career prognosis, it should be these two...If they both feel that he'll be good to go by TC, then yeah Waddle's worth the #15 spot...

Unless the Jete pull the ol’ switcharoo, he’s going to San Fran at 3. Barring a trade up with the Jets, which won’t happen, both Wilson and Fields should be off of everyone’s boards here. They aren’t making it to us. A trade up for Lance with either Atlanta or Cincy could happen or they can just stay at 15, take BPA, and sift through the day 2-3 guys like Trask, Mills, and Mond.
I heard Kiper say this morning that he heard that Jones to San Fran was done...interesting because San Fran is going to be at Fields pro day today.

Mel Diaper-Sniper is going to say a lot of things the next few weeks, many things in direct contradiction of each other. Media sports pimp, nothing more IMO.

Mel Diaper-Sniper is going to say a lot of things the next few weeks, many things in direct contradiction of each other. Media sports pimp, nothing more IMO.
I agree, I think there is no way they Made their decision yes....wasn't it reported last week that Shanahan did not even discuss his QB evaluation with his staff yet..

I agree, I think there is no way they Made their decision yes....wasn't it reported last week that Shanahan did not even discuss his QB evaluation with his staff yet..
Oh, I think they know (no one else does). It benefits them to keep everyone else guessing, both ahead of them and behind them.

I can't imagine they'd give up that amount of capital to go up there with question marks - there's THE GUY and maybe THE OTHER GUY, but that would be one of the two ahead of them, I expect.

Shanahan probably still wants to trade Jimmy G. for HIS price. Let's say he thinks the Pats are the most likely sucke...err, buyers. He doesn't want BB trading up to number 4 because he knows the first three off the board and wants his guy who will still be there at 4. Letting other teams know your pick helps them, something that you really don't want to do if you're looking to make a trade with a QB desperate team.

Oh, I think they know (no one else does). It benefits them to keep everyone else guessing, both ahead of them and behind them.

I can't imagine they'd give up that amount of capital to go up there with question marks - there's THE GUY and maybe THE OTHER GUY, but that would be one of the two ahead of them, I expect.
Yeah I did not mean to imply that they don't know either of them could be the guy they like. It could be they view either fields or jones as possible QBOTF but they don't know for sure who is there at 3 so i guess they view at least 3 qb of this class as QBOTF. So that it's sure that their is there at 3.
Shanahan probably still wants to trade Jimmy G. for HIS price. Let's say he thinks the Pats are the most likely sucke...err, buyers. He doesn't want BB trading up to number 4 because he knows the first three off the board and wants his guy who will still be there at 4. Letting other teams know your pick helps them, something that you really don't want to do if you're looking to make a trade with a QB desperate team.

I'm a bit surprised you're so high on Mills. I mean, I like him and there's a pretty high ceiling there, but I'm not sure he'll ever come close to reaching it. I really don't seem him being a contributor in year 1. Agree with all the others though.
I always have a guy like Mills, outlier or we you want to call it. I don't rank players like normal people. Consensus always creeps in (just look at most rankings they're all alike for the most part, consensus cowards I like to say lol) so i made up a scale a decade back and tweak it every so often.

So are you saying Lawrence and Fields are the only qbs you'd draft in the 1st round?
Ive never seen Lance play and only seen Wilson a few times. Im guessing youve seen them a lot more. I know theyve faced weak comp. and Lance only played one year. But most draftniks have Wilson as the #2 qb in this draft and some like him better than Lawrence.
Just curious why you have them so low.
So I don't "rank" prospects like most normal people. I put them through a scale which gives me a grade. A guy like Lance would never score that high bc he's only played a season. I've built-in risk mitigation to not get caught going crazy over guys with little experience, "one hit wonders" some might say.

Most get caught up in the hype, their rankings change every week or when the big shots chime in. I put them through a scale and let the grades speak for themselves.

I put them out like 5 days ago on Twitter. Was planning on making another thread but been lazy. Give me an hour and I'll start it, will post them there with the updated board.
Ok Thanks i thought you meant you posted them here somewhere and i missed that..

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back