PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's 17 year old son Brian arrested at Gillette Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at what is done in the Scandanavian countries, Sweden for example...alcohol (beer other less potent spirits) is able to be bought be those under the age of majority...18 in those countries...and yet, they have probably one of the strictest drunk driving laws in the world.

FWIW, they also have stricter driving laws. Driving age is 18, and more driver training is required than here (e.g. a hazardous conditions practicum).

Driving tends to be the forgotten risk element in drunk driving.

My Aunt Polly and Uncle DB got married when my Aunt was 14 and he was 24.

Aunt Rene and Uncle Marly got married when my Aunt was 15 and my Uncle was 19.

Grandma got married when she was 14 and Grandpa was 22.

All 3 marriages were pre 1938, in Arkansas. All 3 marriages lasted till death.

Times have changed.

WOW - Guess I am living in the dark ages but then again I am from the extremely conservative state of PA where you have to be 18 or in court to get married at 16

BTW: You can also drink legally in Germany at 14 as I have been told,Little Belichick should move there for a few years :cool:

Read about your state again.....

Pennsylvania: If under 18 years of age applicants may marry with consent of a parent or guardian. Applicants must present Birth Certificate plus an additional $5.00. Okay, if under 16 years of age with the approval of a Judge of the Orphans Court, as well as parent or guardian.

They don't need to be 16.

Last edited:
For the record, laws about drinking still vary in our states. Here are some items for people who may want to learn more:

Minimum Legal Drinking Age Myth

2. Purchasing Alcohol

A. For persons under 21 years of age:

A person over 21 years of age may not buy alcohol for a person under 21 years of age, unless their relationship is that of parent and child or husband and wife, and even in those situations liquor must be bought at a package liquor store, not a restaurant or tavern. Violation of this section may result in a fine of $2,000, imprisonment up to 6 months, or both. M.G.L.c.138, #34.

Laws Related to Alcohol

Listed below are excerpts from the state and local laws pertaining to consuming, serving, buying, and selling alcohol in Massachusetts.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts

In the excerpts below, "M.G.L." refers to the Massachusetts General Laws, the written compendium of the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

1. Alcoholic Majority

The legal drinking age in Massachusetts is 21 years of age.

2. Purchasing Alcohol

A. For persons under 21 years of age:

A person over 21 years of age may not buy alcohol for a person under 21 years of age, unless their relationship is that of parent and child or husband and wife, and even in those situations liquor must be bought at a package liquor store, not a restaurant or tavern. Violation of this section may result in a fine of $2,000, imprisonment up to 6 months, or both. M.G.L.c.138, #34.

3. Serving Alcohol

A. To persons under 21 years of age:

Any person without a license to serve alcohol may not serve someone under 21 years of age, unless their relationship is that of parent and child or husband and wife. Violation of this section may result in a fine of $2000, 6 months imprisonment, or both. M.G.L.c.138, #34.

C. By unlicensed persons:

It is unlawful for unlicensed persons to serve alcohol to persons underage. The only exception to this law is that parents may serve alcohol to their own child and a spouse may serve alcohol to an underage spouse. Parents may not, however, buy alcohol for their child or spouse at a bar or restaurant. M.G.L.c.138,#34, #34A.

Laws Related to Alcohol

Before Prohibition was enacted in 1919, only one state (Wisconsin) had a minimum purchase age for alcohol.

U.S. history of alcohol minimum purchase age by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
give me a freaking break....seriously people. I read the headline and thought it was a joke...

lamest of lame...

I'll stay out of the "drinking age" debate (which somehow morphed into a marriage age discussion), other than to say that any of us with kids understands what it is like to spend a lot of time helping them navigate the complex waters of peer pressure, responsible behavior and lawful activity.

As for Brian Belichick, I'm sorry for him and his dad that his actions are blasted all over the news and internet. Let's just leave them alone and let them work this out on their own, as a family.

Aren't the Pats in organized workouts today? Isn't Brady throwing in front of a broader audience for the first time? Any news on that?

I bet Andy Reid would toss in a 1st round draft pick if Belichick would swap kids with him.

Times have changed.

Everything was cool until research indicated they all were also brothers & sisters

Times have changed.
Man thats a list that will have Chris hanson of Dateline watching you.

I can't believe that there is 3 pages of posts about this nothingness.

I can't believe that there is 3 pages of posts about this nothingness.

Good point. We should be breaking down film from Sunday's game.

Oh, wait....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back